Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Products you dislike
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
okusil - made my eyes crepey
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Keelin wrote:
Tried lots of the MAC products, but find they very thick and greasy

Eeww... just reading the ingredients in MAC skincare is enough to prevent me from ever trying them. I do love MAC eyeshadows, blushes and some of their mineralized skin finishes however. And a few of their brushes are truly awesome...

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
sothy...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale Lid Primer and the absolute worst of the worst was Jane Iredale Pure Lash Thickener and Conditioner. I actually threw that one in the garbage after just one use.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale Absence Oil Control Primer is one of th worst products I've ever used. Hard to apply, left a white cast on my skin and didn't control oil.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Sadrina wrote:
most drugstore shampoos...way too harsh

I second that.
Also:
DrH cleansing cream - broke out from it
DrH regulating oil - does not sink in at all, just sits on top and makes me look like oily mess.
hate it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Mine are:

Creme de la Mer

Juice Beauty (Green Apple Peel-for all the stinging and reddness not much exfoliation and moisturiser- too sticky)

Jurlique creams (with exception of Rose Body Lotion)

Estee Lauder Renutriv, infact everything Estee Lauder(allergyville for me)

MD Formulations (not worth the price for plain ol' glycolics)
zink

Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
dermalogica - barrier repair and multivitamin power firm for eyes and lips (both don't absorb and just sit on your skin)

juice beauty - blemish clearing serum (does nothing for my blemishes and caused skin to turn a bit darker)

jane iredale - disappear concealer (probably the worst concealer i have ever had the pleasur of over-paying for)

shiseido - "the skincare" both cleansing foam and softener (toner)

maybelline - define-a-lash (possibly the worst masacara i've ever used)
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 step no use at all
juice beauty Oil Free Moisturizer
Biotherm Moisturizing Detoxifying Mask
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I do not like the following brands:

Clinique - harsh products, too many inactive ingredients, feel like skin is being stripped

Estee Lauder - A lot of products contains perfume so not good for sensitive skin, too many ingredients in moisturizers so active ingredients might not even work

Chanel - another highly commercialized brand, contians high amounts of fragrance/perfume, use too many synthetic ingredients, expensive for what they are selling, no ingredients in the box

Other brands: Max factor, Nivea, simple,

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
oh, and I also dislike LRP Extreme Fluid SPF40 sunscreen - it makes me look so greasy Speak to the hand

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
La mer cream ( mineral oil ,over price )
Lancome (most of the products does nothing to me except ABSOLUE masque)
Christian Dior (useless and too much perfume)
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I must agree with Zink about Dermalogica Barrier Repair and Multivitamin Power Firm for eyes and lips. It's true...that product just sits on your skin. I don't understand how such a product can be marketed. Awful stuff.
Vanilla

Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Proactive - Burns my skin
Clinique - I've just tried the moisturizer, it didn't help me in the least
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
Let me see...
*Diorshow (when I want a hairbrush, I BUY a hairbrush).

Now THAT was funny!! Laughing
Gongers of late for me include:
Creme de la Mers newest eye cream (the one with the spatula with the silver ball on the end...*eyeball roll*..I was extremely underwhelmed..I use the old La Mer eye balm and get smoother results), Clinique's lip plumping gloss (should get a goopiness award, IMHO) and my most recent tube of Strivectin SD (I used to be a huge fan...I swear that the formulation has somehow changed since it was first introduced).
Pudoodles
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
mac.

breakouts.

most over the counter products (even though they aren't pricy they aren't worth ur time/money).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Vichy
Clinique's toner
LRP's sunsreen

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Juliets. Was a complete scam, dried face, didn't get rid of acne :/

Most of MACs except for their pretty eyeshadows. Would prefer urbandecay and other stuff over it though.

That one Mary Kay mascara, very clumpy and dry.

Herbalife's line of products for hair. They're skincare line & diet stuff is alright though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Cellex-C Hydra 5 B-Complex

It's too dry for me, not moisturizing at all.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
Chanel Glossimer- pretty colors but virtually no staying power, requiring constant reapplication. Overrated and overpriced.

Osea Eyes and Lips- it stings my eyes somehow, even though I was careful not to apply it too close to my eyes. Now I can only use it on my lips, and it tastes bitter if you get any in your mouth.

Polysporin chapstick- also tastes bitter if you get any in your mouth.

Besame lipstick- very difficult to apply evenly; quite drying.

Nature's Gate Shampoo and Conditioner- reeks of alcohol; does not do a good job of conditioning.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
jhelenhan wrote:
Cellex-C Hydra 5 B-Complex

It's too dry for me, not moisturizing at all.

This is meant to be used with a moisturizer, alone it does not add any moisture. HTH
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
*Bare Escentuals Foundation - made me look like the tin man

*Philosphy hope in a jar - stung like crazy

*Mederma - didn't help at all (new scar applied 4x a day)

Clinique skin care - either irritating or too full of silicone's
Zi*Li
5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm...let's see:

clinique: never saw a difference with this product; skin looks exactly the same afterwards. And their cleansers are especially harsh, and strips away the natural skin barrier on one's face.

Mario Badescu: nothing special about their products...tried a range of samples and the promised results weren't delivered. Strawberry scrub was hardly a scrub (very little amount of beads), drying cream did not dry out pimples, toner smelt awful, and face gel cleanser was just normal.

CP: did not deliver any results. Skin did not look "remodeled" and was scars did not fade.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Clinique skincare--too harsh (although I like their makeup).

Arcona's toner--egad more perfume than most perfume.

Clarin's skincare and lotions--again, enough with the added fragrance. The smell is so strong it makes me sick.

Talika eyelash stuff--does not work and it really irritated my eyes.

Supersmile--gag. I'll be writing a review on this soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Just show all people are different, I LOVE Osea Eyes and Lips, LOVE Clarins skincare, LOVE Besame lipsticks, and ADORE CPs.

Cool Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |