Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Products you dislike
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I agree Clinique must be the worst. My daughter used Clinique for a while and her skin went all red and scaly. In the end she had to go to the dermatologist. It took her a year to have her skin return to normal and of course lots of my money!
kyusa

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty - Hydrating Mist.
it was too sticky for my skin. didn't feel good.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique,MaryKay...I had a friend who sold it, Avon. If my skin could have slapped me, it would have.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I dislike Clinique too... can't imagine sooooo many people hate this brand!

5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
snooops wrote:
Clinique everything, especially toner and moisturizers
Lancome moisturizers
Creme De La Mer (lots and lots and LOTS of mineral oil Mad )
DiorShow Mascara
DDF Sun Gel (contains alcohol Shock )

That's all I can think of at the moment...

I HATE CREME DE LA MER!!!!!!!!!! yukkk!
and ddf sun gel is off the shelves discontinued! thought you might like that Smile

i hate mac foundations.

thats all i can think of at the moment.
Punkityn
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
oh yeah .. dislike the bare escentuals foundations.. the way the brush's fall apart on your chest when you are "buffing" and the way it separates on your face after application.
i do love their bronzer tho.. warmth Laughing
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
John Frieda's Sheer Blonde Luminous Color Glaze. I have med/dark blonde hair and this turned my hair into a weird red/blonde mix. Yuk! My hair may pick color up pretty easily - but this is not supposed to be a dye - although it acted like one..

Clinique - I keep going back (but no more) - a friend with sensitive skin swears by this. The "comforting cream cleanser" is thick and leaves my skin feeling dirty. The scrub is a painful sandpaper-y thing. And, it seems everyone is familiar with the toners and 3-step plan. I loved this stuff back in high school though..

Signature Club facial mask. It hurts to get that off - and doesn't do much of anything.

Paula's Choice sunscreen: too gloppy. I also don't like a sunscreen (KinEsys) that I purchased at Costco. It seemed such a good deal - but it's very oily.

Covergirl and drugstore cosmetics that smell of harsh perfumes are annoying. Like walking into a candle shop that smells of intense candy canes and such..
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
wow....you didnt like creme de la mer and Diorshow mascara? I hear so many great reviews about those 2 items

I also hate Dior Show Mascara! I returned it for a full refund. Wand is WAY too thick, and i couldn't reach my tiny lashes near inner eye. Drug store brands have come a LONG way, and i prefer the new plasticky wands out there. Awesome for applying a few coats, no clumping. I'll stick with CG Lash Blast or Maybelline Define-a-lash anyday.

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
First I would like to say that I don't think it is fair just to hate a product that you figure is too expensive, this should be about the performance of the product.

I hate
Clinique (of course)
Avon
Prevage
Elizabeth Arden
Smashbox
Murad
Proactiv
Retin A Micro

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Proactive destroyed my face.
Mary Kay skin care line (but I did use their foundation for a while, and it seemed ok!)
Anything Lancome or Estee Lauder- Both are sooooo perfumey and made me break out like crazy.
The Maybeline mascara in the pink tube with the green lid- In every magazine all the celebrity makeup arists say it's the greatest mascara ever...and its pure crap! I don't get it...
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Giovanni Hair products
All Juice Beauty products

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Athena 7 minute Lift(?) NOT!!
Clinique toners.
Those makeup remover wipes that leave half of it on!
Erno Laszlo timeless age relief - did nothing, and smells like Coke.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder skincare. Actually most of the 'designer' skin care like Chanel, Lancome, etc...they are highly perfumed and they do not live up to their claims.
mimom
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Wow, so many Clinique haters out there! I am no fan of their skincare, but I adore the Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.

Didn't like Diorshow.

Also didn't like Fiberwig mascara. Lengthening but it seems to straighten my lashes out - not cool.

Neutrogena mineral sheers makeup and blush... like the concept of the packaging (easy to carry in purse) but the built-in brush is way too harsh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Okay I know I am really gonna get it from many of you, but I think the Clairsonic cleansing brush has been a waste of money...for me anyways. It did absolutely NOTHING for my skin, and I used it twice a day for about 2 months...now I hardly bother with it! I know tons of you rave about it, which is why I bought it, but I was disappointed big time. Crying or Very sad
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit, Dior's moisturizers do nothing for me. Their make up is good, but the moisturizers were the biggest waste of money!

I also don't like l'occitanes shea butter lip balm. I think it is a very good moisturizer, but the taste is gross.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Correction: diors moisturizers DID do one thing for my skin: make it dry and dehydrated.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I hate Creme de la Mer as well...
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Most department brands aren't very good at all...I've never tried creme de la mere. some people love it...others, well, they totally dislike it. I wouldn't mind trying it.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Skincare has bha,bha make me have acne.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm!

*pantene pro-v [i]anything[/]
*jason naturals 25000 IU vitamin e lotion-i really wanted to like it but it leaves my skin looking pretty oily
*NARS orgasm blush- looked like i wiped my face with a pumpkin!

i'm sure i'll add to this list a lot in my lifetime!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Bare Escentuals was a total waste of money. Stuff made me look like death no matter how I tried to apply it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka's liquid eyeliner- it came off in chunks 5 min. after I applied it, and I'm not exaggerating.

Lancome's Bifacil Makeup Remover- it's packaging is crap and leaks from the top all the time. I lost a huge amount and it was such a waste.

Lancome eye cream- it dried out my eye area so badly that i had to take it back. My eyes were so wrinkled, it looked like I was about 10 years older. Absolutely traumatic experience.

Most of E.L.F. cosmetics- the quality is terrible.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
definatley Bare Escentials MMU.
The only things I likes were the mineral veil (used as a light dusting setting powder over my liquid foundation) and some of their eye glimmers. Everything else was a waste.
elmoparis
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree about Lancome eye cream - my eyes actually looked worse after - more wrinkles and drier! Yes it was traumatic!!

Avon products - seem to give good results the first few days, then ...major irritation and breakout occurs!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |