Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lipfusion Review and Question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
porcelaindoll

Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm new here so I'm sorry in advance if I say/do something wrong! Smile

Even though I'm not sure it actually plumps lips I think I'm going to buy a new lipfusion anyway Rolling Eyes because the long lasting shiny gloss, and "freezing" action make you pout your lips so they look fuller anyway. Plus the slightly sickly orange taste and "plumping" sensation are kinda addictive. I certainly prefer it to all the other lip plumping glosses I've tried (lip venom, lip injection, joey etc) since it doesnt irritate your lips and turn them (and the skin around it,a nasty red shade.)

Though for your ref (if you dont want to spend $36) I've found the best thing to plump your lips is to put a light layer of vaseline on them and then gently massage them with a soft warm wet toothbrush. And its cheap and easy! Very Happy

I do this in conjuction with lipfusion (though I've never found anything that makes my lips look as puffy as they do in the morning when they have filled with fluid (yuck!) from a nights sleep- shame it doen't last Crying or Very sad )

But I have a question that I was wondering if all the lip plump gurus on EDS could help me with. At the moment I use the clear Lipfusion, and since I tend to wear colour on my lips I want to try the coloured versions. Has anyone tried lipfusion in "blush"- a baby pink or "sexy"- a soft red? I like the look of "glow" too (it sounds like cliniques "whisper" gloss in colour) but from what reviews I've read it's very pale. I want something cool toned with a hint of colour - I worry "sexy" may be a tomato red - too warm. Sorry about the long post but has anyone tried these colours - can u help? Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I only actually own the “Glow” LipFusion (I’m the one who posted the review saying “don’t bother”) but last time I was at Sephora, I actually tried out the other two shades on my hand and they didn’t have any more pigment then the Glow did. My verdict: if you already own a tube of clear LipFusion, save your money because the colored versions aren’t going to add enough color to your lips to make it worth another $36 investment. For the record, “Sexy” is a warmer color, but it’s definitely not a tomato red. On your lips, I imagine it would give a very slight red. You mentioned that you’d tried Lip Venom in the past, if you ever tried out the Venom Gloss in “Tulip” (sheer red), you know that if you apply a very thin layer of Tulip gives your lips a slight “bee stung” reddened bit of color, right? Well, I don’t think LipFusion “Sexy” would even give you that much color!

Let me put it this way: if the colored LipFusions actually gave your lips any color/pigment at all, I’d own all of them (I have a slight * spam alert * to lip products, as everyone else can atest...)!! So that should tell you right there that they aren’t worth the money.

If I were you, I’d save the $36 for a colored LipFusion and buy a tube of Vincent Longo gel cheek/lip stain in “Liquid Kiss” or “Cupid’s Breath” instead. That’s what I wear over my LipFusion/s daily to give my lips some color....

Just my humble 2¢!
Carrie

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:25 am      Reply with quote
porcelaindoll wrote:
Hi I'm new here so I'm sorry in advance if I say/do something wrong! Smile

Laughing Welcome to the forum! Smile

ETA: This is O/T, but I just realised that porcelaindoll's post count says "0 posts". Very weird!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I finally bought the clear Lipfusion. How is it possible to apply any lipstick or liner over this -- it's so thick and glossy? I've tried using a thinner coat but still can't apply anything over it very easily.

Also, it doesn't plump my lips any better than a Sally Hansen product I've tried (which is easier to work with). Lipfusion FEELS like it's working -- there's quite a sensation when it's on the lips -- but the bottom line is that the results I'm getting aren't worth the very high price.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello..
LipFusion is the worst lip plumper I have ever used. As in, it didn't make them even one percent larger. The best thing I've used is Lip Plump from Benefit.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
I finally bought the clear Lipfusion. How is it possible to apply any lipstick or liner over this -- it's so thick and glossy? I've tried using a thinner coat but still can't apply anything over it very easily.
I actually address these questions/issues under this thread, if you want to go and read my posts: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4957&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=orgasm+lip+gloss&start=25 I think the most relevant response was the one from me dated Tuesday, March 8th at 6:36am.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
CareKate: I cant buy it on Sephora...do they just shipping in america???javascript:emoticon('Crying or Very sad')
Crying or Very sad
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I found it on Ebay before! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sweety Smarty wrote:
CareKate: I cant buy it on Sephora...do they just shipping in america???javascript:emoticon('Crying or Very sad')
Crying or Very sad
That is correct, LipFusion is only sold at American Sephora stores and the American Sephora website, and they do not accept international orders.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
thank you!!!I think ill try it on ebay...
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
javascript:emoticon('Mad')
Mad I wish id lived in America...Its so much more expensive...javascript:emoticon('Shock')
Shockjavascript:emoticon('Smile')
Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sweety Smarty wrote:
javascript:emoticon('Mad')
Mad I wish id lived in America...Its so much more expensive...javascript:emoticon('Shock')
Shockjavascript:emoticon('Smile')
Smile

I know, but I usually wait until I get lucky and find someone that sells it for almost the same price...and doesn't overcharge for international shipping! Smile

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sephora does ship internationally in some instances... they ship to Canada. This was the case even before they opened Canadian stores. Even now if you order from them the goods are shipped from the US and charged in US dollars - they don't ship from within Canada. There are considerable shipping charges, and duties and taxes are added on. It can end up making for some very expensive purchases.
Mabsy

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
tagg wrote:
Sephora does ship internationally in some instances... they ship to Canada.
That's the only other country they ship to. I know that quite a few Aus ladies have emailed them and asked them to consider shipping to Australia but they have always refused.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:23 am      Reply with quote
tagg wrote:
Sephora does ship internationally in some instances... they ship to Canada. This was the case even before they opened Canadian stores. Even now if you order from them the goods are shipped from the US and charged in US dollars - they don't ship from within Canada. There are considerable shipping charges, and duties and taxes are added on. It can end up making for some very expensive purchases.

I have ordered from them a number (10+) of times, and it is always charged in Canadian dollars. Once you enter the CND checkout, the amounts are converted. I have never been charged duties either. They charge GST though.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |