Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is it better to stick with one brand?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kokodmama

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Is it better to stick with one brand for all skincare products? For years my skincare products have been consisted of different brands but no visible results. I'm sort of getting tired now and start to think maybe I should just pick one brand and try it's entire line..
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I mix and match, although I am going to give the skin bio line a go and try to be exclusive. Doubt I'll succeed though Laughing

Generally, I save on cleansers and buy quality stuff which stays on the skin and I am becoming a total tart about masks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Ive had a skin esthician tell me ppl should stick to one brand

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I think some people are just trying to sell entire product lines. I would say, use the products that work the best with your skin; if they are from 5 different brands, then oh well. My skin is the best ever now, and I use all different brands; I just had to find the right products. The only thing I think you need to consider are the ingredients. Take care not to mix things like Vit C and copper peptides...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I always notice that brands encourage you to use all of their products....but they obviously have a motive! I agree with the other posters that mix and matching is perfectly fine. Not all lines have everything that is best for you.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I mix and match things in the Dr Hauschka line with Living Nature, Purist(Akin) products... And their ingredients are pretty similar, with the whole all natural philosophy. I dont have any 'problems' with mixing the products.

But if you were to mix something like .. Dr Hauschka and I don't know, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Sheseido products, they may sort of counteract each other.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
what about mixing dermalogica with Dr. H?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BCgirl Smile

I guess it depends on what you are trying for with using certain products.

I wouldn't mix other brands with 'natural' products like DH, Miessence, Aubrey etc etc, because they contain preservatives and ingredients which the natural companies are against.

But if you really find one type of product works then I guess its just trial and error.

I'm sure not everyone has hypersensitive skin like me, and I've become quite pedantic about what sort of texture normal moisturisers and cleansers leave after I use them.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I mix and match too but I do believe that some lines out there work better together for one's skin, just depends on which line/products you choose. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using a few Dermalogica things, a few Jurlique & Dr H too and I've had no problems mixing them, in fact my skin is looking better than ever. I'd like to be loyal to one line but there are so many great products out there it's just not possible!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I had an esthetician tell me it's best to stick with just one line....I think it was a plot to get me to buy more stuff. Didn't work...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I have tried to stick to one line but I just can't. I feel that I might be missing something Very Happy So many products so little time!!
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Like most of the above responses, I mix and match. It all depends on what products are good for your skin. As faith suggested, mixing vitamin C and copper peptides is bad, but for the most part, it is OK to mix and match.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:13 am      Reply with quote
It makes no difference whether you mix or match products. Skin is not confused by doing so. As long as your products are gentle, thats all that matters.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I was a true believer in sticking to one line...but now with this forum there are so many products I want to try from many different lines Laughing
I currently use mostly Dermalogica with a little LRP thrown in and am thinking of purchasing a Decleor balm. So only 3 lines... not too bad Smile
Sarah Jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use few brands at the same time. Henry Tianus for cleanser, toner, face serum, eye serum and face cream. Dermalogica for exfoliator. Caudalie for Mask. Seems they works wonderfully on my skin.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
i try to use one brand but it is just too hard!! So many skincare lines out there to try out
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just mix and be happy Very Happy

In the end, if you know (I know) that you're a product junkie that loves to try new stuff, you also know that you just won't stick to one brand Smile

I started narrowing things down by keeping it organic or as natural but effective as possible...do whatever your skin tells you because we're all different and special and there is no one magic formula

Very Happy
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
With so many products out there, it is very hard to resist the temptation. Sooooo, I ended up with so many bottles in my drawer. Shock And of course, all these products take time and patient to see the results. Think Yet, while you are anxious to see the brand new face and reading people raved about something new and swore to the miracle they've experienced. I just cannot stick to one product for more than several weeks. Actually, I hardly ever finish a bottle. Anyway, I dont know if it is me too picky or my skin is too stubborn, I really have not seen one "miracle" product that some lucky people were able to find.

What is your experience? Do you have more luck when stick with one product, by that I dont mean with one brand line, I mean with anything that you will use daily till it's gone.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I think when you finally find the brand which suits your skin best, you will stick to it...
I have tried several brands in one year, La mer, origins, etc, they just did not work very well for my skin. I still have breakout continually and begin to have lines and wrinkles, which does freak me out. So I decide to turn to Swiss line, such as valmont and cellcosmet. I have tried valmont for one week, it works amazing for me. I will stick to it if I still find it amazing after one month.
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
is it better to stick to one brand? From what I hear, probably. Do I? Heck no. Too many fun things to try. Self defeating to a point though, because even if something is working beautifully, I get bored with it eventually and try something else.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I like to incorporate as many as the same brand as possible, but I am never exclusive with one brand. I love to try to many things.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
the thing is companies tend to spread out their actives in different stuff so the consumer has to buy more to benefit from it!
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I do not think so. I always jump around from one to another. like to try something new. Laughing
havana8

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
In general, most lines seem to be compatible with each, however, there are lines that aren't with certain ingredients such as 302 which is not compatible with acids or ones like Bionova which is really not compatible with anything outside its own product line. Another example of ingredient incompatibility are formulas that contain vitamin C and copper peptides whereas IS Clinical's new formulations have successfully combined them. It all depends on the line and ingredients used.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |