Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

? about Jergens Natural Glow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Got some Jergens Natural glow arrive today and also some on the way thanks to carekate, got a couple of questions, the packaging doesn't say, but do you apply it once or twice a day? Also how does it fade? Evenly or blotchy?

Once you've achieved the colour intensity, do you still need to use it daily and lastly if you stop using it, how long does the tan last for?

I applied some this morning and the smell isn't that bad and I'm sure I see a slight colour change already. Don't think I'll use it on my face though as creams tend to make me spotty so I've got a good spray alternative for the face.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I know our Masby likes this! right? Wink

I apply at night here/there as a moisturizer so the color is just a plus for me. I have not noticed blotchy or uneven wearing on me and don't use it nightly.

I don't see why you can't use it anytime you would a moisturizer, so if you use that 2x a day, use this 2x a day. The color on me is subtle. It is not a self-tanner per se but a body moisturizer that gives some self-tanning effect so the look isn't strong.

I personally don't like the smell, hate self-tanner odors, but alot, like yourself don't mind it. If you are using primarily for self-tanning I would definite use as often as possible. Cool

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Love this! Smile

I only use it once a day, either in the morning or at night - doesn't matter as long as you leave yourself about 10 minutes for it to absorb. I've found the smell of this one to be pretty good compared to other self tanners.

I'm very pale and use this daily for the first few days but then only every second day or so to keep up the color. I haven't had any problems with blotchyness but I exfoliate in the shower to prevent such things when I use fake tans.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:58 am      Reply with quote
OK not sure what I did wrong but I've got streaky legs today, everywhere else is fine, any idea how I can make them unstreaky??!?!
Mabsy

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I'd say exfoliating is your best bet and waiting till the rest fades. If you got streaks then there are two reasons I can think of: (a) too much product, and (b) no exfoliation.

To be honest though, I don't think I saw any significant change in color until I used it for a few days. Perhaps you got a version that is too dark for your skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:00 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
OK not sure what I did wrong but I've got streaky legs today, everywhere else is fine, any idea how I can make them unstreaky??!?!

You need to exfoliate. Washing with AHA bodywash would be the easiest. If you don't have any, try mixing sugar into your regular body wash, or scrub with lemon juice and salt.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Exfoliation is really important. On my lower legs all it takes to exfoliate is to shave. But also, you need to really rub it in. Sometimes with plain old moisturizer, I just leave a nice film and let it dry, if I do that with NG and other self tanners, it goes streaky.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Thanks guys, I did exfoliate, maybe I applied too much or didn't rub it in enough. It was a bit sticky still when I dressed, should it be completely dry before dressing?
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I make sure that I rub the product thoroughly so it's evenly applied and absord. I spend a lot of time carefully rubbing the product in all directions to avoid streaks. And I usually do a lower leg, then upper leg and knee, and do the same to the other leg. It's easier for me to avoid streaks if I work smaller areas at a time. If you try this, just make sure you don't apply product to your knees twice!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
It was a bit sticky still when I dressed, should it be completely dry before dressing?
Yes, that was probably the culprit, or – at least – part of it. You need to wait for it to dry completely before dressing or climbing between the bedsheets at night, usually 10-15 minutes is long enough.

BTW, when you do get an area that is a bit splotchy or uneven, you can usually fit it the next day just by applying it again (although I do agree that it's important to always exfoliate before using ANY self-tanner). The thing with the Natural Glow is that even if you make a slight application mistake (i.e: your blotchiness), because the color develops slowly over a period of days, the boo-boo isn’t as noticeable as it would be with those fake-bakes that develop quickly over a period of hours, so it’s easy to fix the mistake the next time you apply it, which – IMHO – is the true genius behind these type of self-tan/body lotion products. If you make an error w/ a traditional self-tanner, you either have to worry long sleeves/long pants to cover it up, or else not go out in public until you either exfoliate your skin to within an inch of it’s life, or just hide in the privacy of your own home until the color from the mistake starts to fade away!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I applied a second coat last night and didn't put so much on this time, I've got a great real looking tan after only two applications now although my legs are still streaky. How long does it take to fade? I've got a few days yet so hopefully I can sort out the blotchiness before then.
beautyfashaddict
5% products discount

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Im just curious, do you all apply this product all over your body including those hard to reach places like your back? If so how, do you have someone else do it for you?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
beautyfashaddict wrote:
Im just curious, do you all apply this product all over your body including those hard to reach places like your back? If so how, do you have someone else do it for you?

I apply it all over my body....like if I were wearing a one piece bathing suit. The back is a problem and need help from my husband or daughter to reach the whole back area.

If anyone has any back application tricks let us know. Wink I would prefer to apply in the AM after my shower but no one is home to help me.
Psycotic Jester

Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of using Jergens and I want to know if its okay to wear it all night and take a shower like in the morning and not re apply till the night.

Also, can you wear lotion over it and it doesn't turn out uneven or blotchy.

Another thing can you do it every other day and have it look pretty much the same as every day. Or doing it ever other day make it look fake or uneven or blochy?

Last question. Does it matter if I also sun tan when I'm using Jergens? Does it change the look of it at all? Or is there really no point in sun tanning with this product?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this and I like it. Although, nobody ever told me that they like my tan. I would apply it on every other day and exfoliate inbetween.
lwright1055
5% products discount

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've used it too, and I liked it, although I had to go a shade darker than with the other tanning moisturizers i've tried. I only use it once a day and rub it in really well. I've never had a problem with streaks.

Just by the way, I am actually using the Banana Boat right now. It looks better on my skin - that's not to say it will on yours. To me, it smells a little better. $1.00 cheaper too! Very Happy
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Gee, I was using this last summer and loved it; I wouldn't be caught without a tube. This year...something changed for me. When it fades, I look like an alligator. (I body exfoliate 3x's week). (My legs..."gee just look above the knee honey." Wink )
One day this summer after a good 10 days of using the glow I put on a pair of shorts (my legs were shaved, butt felt good, I thought I was hip) and went to the grocery store (I'm a mom what can I say). While feeling good walking thru the store, I had an itch on the back of my leg so I turned around and looked for what was bothering me and in the stores lighting I had blotches of color. In some areas I was white white and others I had this shade of tanish orange. The only thing I could think about was the poor old ladies that have lost their sense of proportion and style and slather on the blush from ear to ear. I high tailed it out of the store, left my carriage and went home to scrub it all off. I have been white ever since.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I loved Jergen's Natural Glow, until I discovered Banana Boat's Every Day Glow. They both work the same--they are mostly moisturizers with a smaller amount of self-tanning ingredients than full-strength self-tanners. I think that Banana Boat looks a little more natural thanks to the ingredient erythrulose.

I love these gradual moisturizer/self tanners because they are practically goof-proof. Lacking patience and time, I always had streaks and tell-tale patches with regular self tanners. Not any more Smile

Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like the product, but if I use it too frequently, my DH says I smell like beer. Sad

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |