Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facelift tomorrow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Since joining this forum I must say my skin is really quite nice but alas nothing has helped my sagging jowls and increasingly hooded eyelids. So, after much research and many consultations with various PS's AND as a 50th birthday present to myself, I am scheduled for a mid-facelift, necklift and upper and lower eyelift (blepharoplasty) tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am so happy for you! I've been wanting upper and lower bleph but am trying to wait it out until I'm 50 too. I'm 44 yrs now.

Sounds like you really did your homework so I know you'll be satisfied with the results! Keep us posted!

-Cheri
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck Penelope! We'll want a blow by blow account when you're up to it!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope,

You did your research and have an excellent surgeon. Wishing you a speedy recovery. When you feel up to it let us know how you are doing.

My best,
Winnie
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Brave lady - I'm too chicken.

Hope your recovery is swift and the jowls are gone!

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Good luck! I'm sure you'll love the results and I hope you'll come back and share your experience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
All the best.
Keep us up to date on all the good and bad bits. I may yet be persuaded to have this done.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Penelope, thank you so much for sharing this with us!!! Please DO keep us posted as to how you are doing...we'll all be waiting to hear from you!
Be well!!!
Pudoodles
I love my Skin now!
5% products discount

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Penelope:

I think you are brave.
I hope you get well soon.
I hope you enjoy your results.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Hope you are well. Looking forward to hearing your results.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Penelope, best of luck to you!!!

My aunt had the eyelift done last year and she looks FABULOUS!!!!

Hooded eyelids are genetic in my family (I've got them!) and my aunt's were so bad that it was causing vision problems. So she had it done, and my goodness it took twenty years off her face!

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
(((((((((Penelope) Good for you!

I'm a little over 2 weeks out from an upper bleph--it's been marvellous!

Wishing you the best!
I love my Skin now!
5% products discount

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope...where are you? I want to know how it went and how you are feeling. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay in responding and thank you all so much for your support. The surgery went well but longer than expected - 10 hours. He said he spent more time on my neck than he had expected and since he doesn't use liposuction, the manual contouring was time consuming. It does look marvelous though! Surprisingly, very little brusing but alot of overall swelling.

Red77: My eyes are the most sensitive area right now. Glad to hear that your results are impressive after only 2 weeks.

"I Love My Skin Now" - I live just outside of Boston, and had my surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.
I should have pictures to post in the next month or so. It was nice that the PS commented on the excellent condition of my skin - thanks to all of the wonderful advice from my friends at EDS.

Thanks again to all for your encouragement.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
So happy to hear from you. Very Happy Glad your operation is behind you. Keep us informed on the healing. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Winnie
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back, Penelope!! Delighted to hear that things went well (albeit lengthy!)....Can't wait to see your pics!
Happy Healing!
Pudoodles
Mabsy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
That's fantastic Penelope! I look forward to seeing some of the pics if you don't mind posting them Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:54 am      Reply with quote
Welcoms back. Glad it went well. Smile Hope the recovery is speedy.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Penelope you're back. That's awesome!
It's sounds like you got the results that you what you wanted. I can't wait to see your pictures. Where will you be posting them?

I hope your spirits stay high and happy knowing that there are people out there that care about you and your surgery.

One day I hope to have a face lift too, but right now I have mild acne to contend with and it diverts my attention away from the aging thing(lol).
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
How exciting for you!!! I'm wanting some work done but I haven't gotten up enough nerve yet Very Happy
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope, what's a mid-facelift? And what was the neck work exactly? I'm 53 and not in need yet, but I'm starting to notice the very beginning of jowls -- more like small bulges along my jaw line. My upper eyelids started to droop a little a few years ago but luckily with my bone structure, etc., they still look okay but that'll probably be the first PS I try. One of my dearest friends is 12 yrs. older than I and, like you, had a lot of work done about 5 yrs. ago. I saw her 2 weeks after her surgery and she looked stunning -- just like she did when I met her many years ago! Even after 5 yrs., she still looks good. I hope you're pleased with your results when the swelling subsides!

I bet you PS was glad your skin is in good condition -- it probably made his job a lot easier!!!

Hope you're feeling better Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Penelope,
So glad you are recovering well and pleased so far. I bet you will look stunning when the swelling subsides.
There are two things standing in my way of having this done. The first is money and the second is I am such a big wimp but I think my despearation will overcome my fear eventually. I am sure if I do not get this done soon I will be treating myself for my 50th birthday. That gives me 7 years to save up and get over my phobia.
hope everything continues to improve and you get the best results ever.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to the pics. Hope you're recovery goes quickly.
Did you have general anesthesia?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |