Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare escentuals or Jane Iredale?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lilycat

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I was just wondering if any of you had tried both mineral foundations and which did you prefer, and which gave you the most coverage?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Bare Escentuals and was very disapointed, t6his did nothing for me at all. I would go for Jane Iredale, if possible try some samples before you buy.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Rosebud. Where do you get the samples from? I am from the UK too.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
http://exclusivecosmetics.co.uk/acatalog/Jane_Iredale_Samples.html

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the Jane Iredale - the BE was a bit too pearly looking for my liking. I really liked it while I was using it until I tried the JI pressed (which is more matte than the JI loose).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I still really like the BE, but I like that shimmery look. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I never thought I would change from BE but I have been trying JI, I really like the loose, I am not sure if it is the colour or the way it looks but I have just orderd the JI in full size.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Is there a big difference between the JI loose and the pressed?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud -

As far as I know the loose JI minerals is for skin that's normal to dry, the pressed for normal to oily - it's more matte as well. Probably a little less messy too, although the loose comes with a sifter so you don't get powder everywhere!

The loose has that luminosity to it - although not as shiny or glowy as BE.

I wish I could have used JI forever as I loved it - but had a reaction to the bismuth - it took a while but was able to find alternatives so I could wear minerals.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondered if the Jane Iredale eye shadows are the same as the BE (I know the obvious difference that JI are pressed and BE are loose).
I have tried BE eye shadows and I could not get them to stay on the skin (even with primer), would love some feedback on the Jane Iredale, do you have to use a primer or will the pressed base act as a primer?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both, I definitely prefer the JI pressed base over the BE. I have very oily skin, so the BE looked gross-shiny on me. The Mineral Veil didn't help, either. Also the BE didn't have enough coverage for my skin issues.

I think many people with drier skins prefer the BE for the same reasons I dislike it. It just depends what you're looking for.

However, I do have a number of the BE eyeshadows, blushes and one liner shadow and I like these all just fine. Nothing I would repurchase since I want to try the JI color cosmetics, but I don't hate them either. I definitely won't use a pencil liner again - the liner shadow concept is soft and pretty, and more goof-proof for those of us who are makeup klutzes Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes the BE eye liner shadow is the only BE thing that I have liked, hang on a sec, love so far

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Rosebud -

As far as I know the loose JI minerals is for skin that's normal to dry, the pressed for normal to oily - it's more matte as well. Probably a little less messy too, although the loose comes with a sifter so you don't get powder everywhere!

The loose has that luminosity to it - although not as shiny or glowy as BE.

Also, although the names of the shades are the same, from what I recall the pressed runs lighter than the loose.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Mabsy - I've heard that too!

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
wow it seems like the majority prefer the JI
Babsiboofles

Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi all

Been using the BE foundation for ages now in shade "light". Am now really interestedin trying the JI loose foundations but really don't know what the equivalent shade would be?

Does anyone know what JI shade is like the BE "light"

Thanks Cool
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I used BE exclusively for 6 months then tried JI and had been using both for a couple months because I couldnt' decide which I like better. I found the JI didn't irritate my skin at all, it may even have soothing ingredients in it, it seems to cool and calm my skin where as BE can feel itchy. I didn't even know this was happening until I really compared the two brands. Now I use JI loose and pressed exclusively.

BE gives awesome coverage! It is really shiney/glowy. if you want to tone down the shine you use the Mineral Veil which is a cornstarch based finishing powder. JI loose has far less shiney than BE but it still a bit. The powder also seems finer and like I said, doesn't irritate. The pressed is far less shiney than both and gives just as good, if not better, coverage as the BE loose. It's my fav hands down. I add shimmer, on my cheeks only where I want it with Clear Radiance or the Bobby Brown Shimmerbrick.

I find the JI loose powders lighter than the pressed, am I the only one?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I sell a mineral foundation similiar to BE, which gives glow, to some shine. I like BE and mine line better than JI. I started with JI 4 yrs ago but it is too $$$ and drying for my skin. IF your skin is drying at all steer clear of JI, IF you dont' want glow don't buy mine or BE. There are other lines out there: Pur Minerals, Melange, etc...do a search. It really depends on your skin and if you want a matte or shine/glow look. You wouldn't think there is that much difference with mineral powders but there is, let us know what you buy and like! Smile

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |