Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair removal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
AJL-C
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:12 am      Reply with quote
In my quest to find the best method of hair removal to do at home I thought best ask the experts Smile I have used various over the years just wondered what your poss and negatives were and which products you prefer Smile
Mabsy

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I actually wax, tweeze and also use an epilator. I wax my underarms and bikini, use an epilator on my legs (sometimes underarms as well), and tweeze my lip Smile I get my brows done professionally and only tweeze strays.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
hey mabsy

i was thinking of getting an epilator for legs and underarms, are they quite easy to use for underarm hairs?

do epilators actually grip enough to pull the hair out by the root? how short can the hair be before it stops working?
Mabsy

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Miranets - I can't remember exactly how short the hair can be. I think it's about 4mm. It also can't be too long - if it is you'll have to trim it first. I find that my epilator (Emjoy Gently Gold cordless) is pretty good on underarm hair - you just need to keep the skin taught (as you would if you were waxing anyway).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I find the epilator excellent for my legs as my legs are to sensative for the wax method. I tried NADS but maybe just me but it was hopeless and messey. I have to admit have not been brave enough to epilate under arms yet Shock I find that the growth on my legs is getting much less now so when I do epilate them it only take 5 mins Very Happy
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Its quite painless to epilate under your arms, and you get used to the feeling after a while.
I sometimes find though that my epilator doesn't always pull out all the hairs from the root, some just seem to break off.

As Masby said make sure you trim any long hair first and pull the skin taught. After a few uses you get used to the feeling and its no longer painful!

I found the samething with Nads AJL-C, messy and annoying to use. The veet ready to use wax strips are easier to use, but work out expensive if you used them regulary.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problem with Nads too, if I leave it on my skin too long it seems to heat up and loose its stickiness. And jars that have been unused for too long seem to not work at all.
AJL-C
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
TBH I thought it was just me with the NADS Rolling Eyes
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Ditto with the Nads. I use a wax that you microwave. No srips are used
Mabsy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I've actually found NADS to be the best DIY wax so far! Shock Less painful than others.

I tried the waxes that you don't have to use strips with. I'm obviously a clutz because I tried them quite a few times and could NEVER get it right. I always used to end up cutting wax out of my underarm hairs... Eep!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Ohh that sounds scary Shock Maybe the NADs thing is having it at the right temperature and having the nack Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |