Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skinceutical VC causes breakout?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Don't know it is just me but I used the C E Ferulic for two weeks and noticed some breakout on my face(and i usually don't get even a single zit for a few months) Sad Sad

I stopped using it for a week or so that my face can be clear. Then I just couldn't believe it was the reason for the breakout and tried it another time. Two days later I found 2 more zits on my face. That is it!! I guess it is not for me. Rolling Eyes

I asked some of my friends who are uisng skinceuticals VC and a few of them agree that it causes breakout on them as well. They are uisng either the serum 10 or serum 20 or the ferulic. Strangely enough, I am also using its eye gel(5% VC) and have no problem to put it all over my face.

Do you gals have similar experience with skinceuticals VC serum?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I didn't have that problem with skinceuticals but I did have it with cellex-c. I got tons of tiny pimples all over Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Skinceuticals C E Ferulic for six weeks now and have had no breakouts.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Happened to me too. SC CE Ferulic just doesn't work with my skin. I started and stopped many times, but the result was always the same. A couple times per week I do use just a drop of it under my eyes though and it's been ok there as long as I don't put too much on and let it get near the tops of my cheek bones.

-Cheri
Mabsy

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had any problems with Skinceuticals C, C+E, or C+AHA - I have not tried the C+Ferulic however. I do recall a few members posting that they had breakouts from it though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Don't you wonder sometimes if these companies actually try these products out on real people? Sounds like Ferulic acid is not a winner though great for boosting sunscreen power (though regular C does that as well). And then look at all the rashes/allergic reactions/swollen eyes board members have reported re Prevage. It's hard to believe that the members are exceptions when so many report the same reaction....

Just ranting....please forgive. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |