Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:24 am      Reply with quote
This review is especially for Lisa. (I was planning on doing a review of this in the future, but since you asked about it, hopes this helps) Wink

This is a wonderful cleanser that I've used for quite some time in the past. The only reason, why I stopped using it is because it stings when you put it over your eyes to get rid of eye makeup, and I don't like to use a separate eye makeup remover. But if you don't mind using a separate cleanser for your eyes, this is an excellent product. I love this product because it is very creamy like a mask and it has nice purifying ingredients in it like Kaolin and Bentonite Clays. If you like the feeling of cleansers working, then this is the cleanser for you. Your face feels really CLEAN afterwards! You definitely feel a tingly feeling during and AFTER you wash your face because of the menthol. This cleanser is the best in the mornings, It really WAKES you. Actually when I switched cleansers, I really missed that clean tingly feeling and felt that my new cleansers weren't working. This cleanser comes in a nice size so it will last a long time. It is also nice to use as a mask on your face or back. I really love this cleanser and can see myself switching back to it as I change products every so often.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime, YOU ROCK! Thank you so much for your awesome review and it answered all my questions! It's definitely on my list of "Things to buy from EDS"!!!!!!! Thanks!
Mabsy

Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Surprised Did somebody say TINGLY!!?? Very Happy

*adds to list of things to try*
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
this is absolutely brilliant, I use it in the morning, it really wakes me up. It can clean well withouth drying out the skin.

I'm getting more addicted to dermalogica now Razz
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I also have the clay cleanser. It is pretty good overall, but I just don't like the dried particles in the clay, I have to pick them out everytime before I use it.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:00 am      Reply with quote
It is too dry to use everyday.And sometimes my skin was irritated by it.
keechuah kua
5% products discount

Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
A super cleanser with a minty feel. Sometimes , i would spread a layer on my skin and leave it to dry before washing it away. the kaolin clay works wonders. fabulous product!
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love the texture of this cleanser but it really is most suitable for oily skin. I have combination skin and find it too drying for my dry areas, which is a pain because I would like to use it more.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
does this cleanser have any foam at all? Other than that it sounds like a good cleanser! thanks for the review

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
it doesn't foam up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
dsq wrote:
it doesn't foam up.

Sure, no surfactants added in it.
The clay ingredients (bentonite and kaolin) do the cleaning job instead.
It's a special cleaner I ever used and also can be used as deep cleaning mask as instruction guided.

5% products discount

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
This is one great cleanser

I used to use a lot of Dermalogica products when I was still at a beauty therapy school, as students could purchase at wholesale price. I have since stopped using them, as the products r quite expensive, when sold at salons.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and loved using this product as a mask, as well as a cleanser.
I also like the smell of the clay, it does have a slightly cooling or tingling sensation even after u rinse it off with water.

I also used the special cleansing gel, anti bacterial cleansing gel on alternate days. I found alternating the cleansers really keep those breakouts at bay.
carrymelikewater
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
It's one of the best cleanser I've used and it certainly didn't disappoint. I love the minty feel and the face really feels clean and taut after cleansing.
peachy3001
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I use this cleanser as part of my daily skin care routine. I have very oily skin and it leaves a nice clean feeling after I am done. I do find that in the winter, it can be a bit drying if used daily. Other than that, I love this cleanser! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |