Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

anyone used Cetaphil's cleansing milk?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucylv

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I've read many reviews and many people recommended this product a lot. But cannot find it in British. Only found at some USA online shops. Has anybody used this one or bought from USA? Will it need extra tax for deliver to UK? Thx.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
im really not sure what kind of skin you have...but im guessing you're interested in the gentle cleanser? If you have an ebay account, you might want to try that route. I've seen some of their items on there rather cheap...shipping and handling shouldn't be too bad.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
You can get this in the UK - British online pharmacies have this so I don't see why they wouldn't have this in store. This is quite a basic cleanser by the way but it's supposed to be very good if you have very sensitive skin.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:22 am      Reply with quote
thx for all reply. My skin is combinational and a bit sensitive. I've searched ebay but cannot find one. Dear Mabsy, could u tell me some links for UK online pharmacy? I moved here to UK not long ago, not so familiar with these yet.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about a Cetaphil cleansing milk but the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser is sold on the following UK websites:
The Garden Pharmacy
Pharmacy2U
I have ordered from both of these websites in the past and their customer service is great. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
my sister uses this all the time for her rosacia.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil is really nothing special. It irritated my sensitive skin. Since you are in UK, you should have access to LRP, Vichy, Aderma, Uriage etc. They all have cleansers for sensitive skin.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
lucylv - I found Cetaphil at Pharmacy2U (see Toe's message for link) Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:36 am      Reply with quote
If you have sensitive skin you should be careful using it. I was told it was a good alternative to dermalogica's ultra calming cleanser, however when I tried it, it made my face sting. When I actually looked at the ingredients, it has 2 or 3 types of alcohol in it, which is usually not good for skin that's easily irritated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think you have that confused with the normal to oily formula...that formula irritated my skin horribly. The alcohol in the gentle cleanser (cetyl and stearyl(sp?)is not the type of alcohol that you have in mind...they are emollients..ingredients like benzyl alcohol is considered irritants...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
also find that strange because dermotologica's ultra calming cleanser has more irritants in it than cetaphil..lots of plant extracts:/ I think it really depends on individual skin. we all react to different things...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
I think you have that confused with the normal to oily formula...that formula irritated my skin horribly. The alcohol in the gentle cleanser (cetyl and stearyl(sp?)is not the type of alcohol that you have in mind...they are emollients..ingredients like benzyl alcohol is considered irritants...

The one I'm thinking of is the Gentle Skin Cleanser. I was getting the ingredients mixed up though, the thing I hated about it was not the alcohol but that it contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate... nasty stuff (check out this website http://www.healthy-communications.com/slsmostdangerousirritant.html - there are many more the same) and also chemicals like propylene glycol. Fingers crossed Ultra Calming Cleanser doesn't too!(I've thrown out the carton and have had trouble finding the ingredients listing online).

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
yes it does contain sodium lauryl sulfate, but at less than 1%. It takes 2 or more percent to be considered an irritant. So its a pretty basic, harmless cleanser...hence i found it strange it caused some people irritation. Speaking from someone with problems with redness..its all i can use without turning red:/

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Also, propylene glycol when used in cosmetics and cleansers is used in very small percentages as well; ive read lots of sites saying this is really industrial freeze..which its really just a humectant in the cleanser. I don't believe many sites out there..just thought i'd put my two cents in. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Aww crap Embarassed I found the ingredients for Ultra Calming and it does have a couple of similar chemicals (Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate instead). These ingredients are at the bottom of the list rather than the top like with Cetaphil so I guess there are less of them but they're still there... Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried copying and pasting the ultra calming cleanser's ingredients but the site wouldn't let me...it says lavendar extract is the first ingredient..which is a skin irritant and fragrance...theres also lemon extract which is a skin irritant..and a lot of the same ingredients in cetaphil are in there as well. But the ultra calming cleanser also has about twice as many ingredients in comparison to cetaphil which has only 8 ingredients; if you want to include water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah I tried to paste them too and it wouldn't let me select the text Confused Oh well.. I guess as you said, different skins obviously react SOOOOO differently to products because neither the lavender or lemon bother me (I actually didn't know they were there until today Laughing ). Jurlique's sensitive line contains a lot of lavender too, which hasn't bothered my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ultracalming cleanser ingredients from dermstore.com

Ingredients
Lavandula Angustifolia(Lavendar) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Extract, Fumaria Officinalis Extract, Fumaric Acid, Cucumis Sativis (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium CHloride Phosphate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Acrylkates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, AMinomethyl Propanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Definitely lots of irritants Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Amazing stuff!! I've been using it for 10 years. I can rub it in my eyes and nothing happens. It won't remove strong eye make up. Very Happy Very Happy
I really love it!
Nickle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil was the least irritating thing I've ever tried - but it was just too rich for me, it clogged my pores. Haven't tried the oily skin version yet.

The scare-tactic sites confuse propylene glycol and polyethylene glycol with ethylene glycol - only the latter is antifreeze.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |