Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Yonka Juvenil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone!

This is the first product review from my new package of Yonka products. The other products that I ordered are still "settling" so I'm not sure what their long-term effect is -- I'll write more reviews as I see (or don't see) results.

Yonka Juvenil, however . . . my goodness, I saw results RIGHT AWAY. I almost thought it was a figment of my imagination until I kept using it and realized how wonderful it is.

Yonka Juvenil is essentially an acne spot treatment. It's in this little pump bottle. You kind of have to pump a few times to get some product in your palm and then spot-treat the areas on your face that need the product. It's hard to get just "one drop" though because one drop will just drip on the side of the bottle. The best way is to pump 3-4 drops into your palm, and then apply with the fingers on your other hand. Kind of messy, but it's the best way so far.

So what does it do? Well, just FYI, every time I have a pimple flaring up, I usually run for my Proactiv lotion. I USED to run for Clearasil but clearly that doesn't work for me anymore. So Proactiv lotion usually gets rid of the pimple in a few days.

A few days ago, however, I had a few pimples flaring up along my jawline -- the worst area, right? I figured I was putting my face in my hands during class and didn't realize what I was doing . . . and then I paid for it later. I was GOING to put Proactiv lotion on the area, but then I received the Juvenil the same day. It was VERY brave of me to deviate from my usual product . . . Proactiv works so well for me that I was weary of trying anything else.

Nevertheless, I treated the "bumpy" area with the Juvenil and applied Creme PG . . . and went to bed.

Next morning?! Goodness . . . the bumps were still there -- but BARELY. This stuff works faster than Proactiv (which is amazing!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!! Essentially, the product sort of dried up the acneic area -- but not "dry" as in flaky skin. It really "healed" the area. Secondly, the product doesn't sting. Thirdly, it actually relieves any inflammation you have. For instance, I pick at my skin a lot (I know I know, gotta break the habit). My fingers were roaming around my jawline before I put on the Juvenil . . . the skin was red and irritated, but the Juvenil completely alleviated it! And it felt and looked better almost immediately! I KID YOU NOT. Proactiv usually dries out my skin after a few days but Juvenil is so gentle!

The only complaint I would have is that it comes in a really small bottle -- so I'd have to buy some more pretty soon =D Secondly, the smell isn't as "great" as you would expect from Yonka. It's still an OK smell but it's not as fruity or fresh or aromatherapeutic. It almost smells like Chinese medicine (for you Asians out there that can relate). I don't CARE what it smells like, though -- it works wonders on your skin!!!!!!

It's definitely a wonderful product -- I thought I struck gold when I found Proactiv many years ago, but this Juvenil stuff is beyond belief! I really really like it. I wish there were an easier way to get it out of the bottle (other than pumping) but I think this is the most sanitary method out there.

DEFINITELY ask for a sample of this next time you order (assuming EDS has samples of this product). This is a product that you can actually experience WHOLEHEARTEDLY by using a sample size. Most products in sample sizes aren't very useful since it's just a single-use sample. However, use a Juvenil sample -- you will feel and see a difference. And you only need a LITTLE bit on the spot. Give it a try. I know it doesn't smell so good but WHATEVER. Smile It works!!!!!!!!

Lisa:D
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Yonka Juvenil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Yonka Juvenil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Stand up against acne blemishes with Yonka Paris Juvenil - Deep Acne Fluid. It uses natural and gentle, yet effective essential oils to clear, smooth, and calm your inflammed, uncomfortable skin for a healthy-looking complexion.

Kinga
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have nothing else to say but this.

I love this product. It is really a life saver and I no longer have to use the Proactiv..

I found that Proactiv did its job but you have to always use it as for Juvenil...u can use it but not all the time..

it works deep inside your skin and the results are fast and very visible.

Even my boyfriend started using it.. he swears by it.

kinga. Very Happy
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product also, it helps me to clear out my pimples, and now my skin is back to normal , no more breakouts.

I can't compare Junevil with Proactive though, coz i have never used it.
Yazzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to put a spanner in the works, but.....

when I strated using this product, I noticed a reduction in the size of my pimples, but after a few weeks of use, I had these tiny little bumps under my skin, that just would not go away. They were really irritating me, and I'm not 100% sure whether the juvenil was causing the little bumps or not....but I've stopped using the product anyhoo.

Having said that, my skin is fairly spot prone anyway, so perhaps juvenil is good for your skin if you get the odd blemish, but if you have more frequent breakouts of volcanic erruptions on the skin (like me Rolling Eyes ), perhaps something else would help??? Question
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I too love this products. My hubby has taken it over, he likes that it controls his breakouts without drying his skin.
ktsweets
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I had very high hopes for this product, but I'm sad to say it didn't work for me Sad I have hormonal/cystic acne (a few "underground" bumps constantly on my chin) & I used to try & 'prevent" at night by mixing w/ Creme 15, and as a spot treatment in the morning for about 4 weeks. Unfortunately, it didn't make me break out any less (or any more), and while the Juvenil was really good at getting rid of redness, the pimples ran their regular course. I think though on non-cystic pimples, it would probably work very well... too bad for me because the smell (which I didn't like at first) really grew on me Crying or Very sad
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Based on "Boston’s" rave review/s, I decided to ask for a sample of Juvenil and Emulsion Pure the next time I was at my beauty boutique, which just so happened to be on Friday. So the SA gives me a tiny drop of the Emulsion Pure, which I haven’t tried yet because I don’t feel any giant zits coming on right now. But the SA says, “Here, the Juvenil bottle’s almost empty so I’m just going to go ahead and give it to you.” I thanked her profusely and scurried out to my car before she realized that she’d actually given me like a 3 month supply of Juvenil (everyone says you only need a drop or two at a time, right?? The bottle she gave me had about 1/4 stuff left in it!!)! I tried it out Friday night on a zit that came up under my chin and Boston was right – the next morning the damn thing was all but a memory!! My only gripe about the Juvenil is the *very* strong scent, but if it performs magic like that on my next breakout (I don’t get them very often, but when I do, it’s usually one of those giant zits from hell that get really sore and take forever to come to a head), I’m willing to overlook that tiny flaw!!

BTW, my local Sephora is two doors down from my beauty boutique, so while I was in the neighborhood, I went in and asked for a sample of Decleor’s Essential Balm since it’s gotten so many raves for treatment of eczema and other types of rashes – I thought it would be good to use on those red, scaly patches I get on my legs which are nothing more than severely dry skin. Anyway, one of the Sephora SA’s really, *really* likes me – she always gives me a huge handful of samples whenever I’m there. So when I asked for the Essential Balm sample, she filled up this entire little plastic jar (about the size of the Decleor lip balm container) of it, which I figured to be the equivilent of an actual half-jar of Essential Balm...this stuff is probably going to last me 4-6 months!! God bless generous sales assistants! Very Happy

Anyway, you can count me among the Juvenil believers now. Thanks for the recommendation, Lisa!!

Carrie
Mabsy

Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
*hands over Juvenil club card to Carrie* Smile

I'm glad you like this Carrie. I've got this on at the moment. I've developed this *monster* of a pimple just under the jaw line. I agree that the smell is quite strong and rather herbal and I also don't really like the consitency (too watery) but this stuff works!

I hope you like the Essential Balm as well! Please do try it on your face as well. Way to go on finding a nice and super generous SA!
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies,
My to try list just got a little longer Very Happy
Mabsy

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if this has anything to do with Juvenil but I was very pleasantly surprised by how my skin looked this morning (given that I have a cold and have had little sleep the last few days). I posted yesterday about trying the Orlane Morning Recovery Concentrate this morning but I didn't really get a chance to.

I had this massive pimple come up just below the jaw line so I decided that it was time to use Juvenil. I was so tired (and lazy!) though that instead of spot treating I just took two pumps and put it all over my face (and got a bit of a minty feeling that I never noticed before I don't think). Then I just put Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel over it (as every other night recently).

I woke up this morning and not only is the pimple smaller (kinda what I expected anyway), my face looked even toned and radiant. I was actually quite surprised. I'm not sure if it was complete coincidence or if it had something to do with either/both of the products but I thought I'd report back to the collective anyway Smile
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I've made believers out of you (especially out of "Austin" -- yay Carrie!).

One thing I've noticed, Mabsy, is YES, Juvenil does offer a bit of a "minty" after effect. But I don't suggest using this stuff all over your face because it WILL cause other pimples to come to the surface.

See, I've noticed that Juvenil has two effects:
1) It will purge whatever is under your skin (be it a massive zit waiting to surface or other dirt that you haven't felt yet) by bringing the zit to the surface, OR
2) It will just demolish whatever is there and you won't see it again.

If you use it all over your face, you risk having option #1 happen and then your face is full of zits and you'll think that Juvenil doesn't WORK. I remember PMing Mabsy when I first got Juvenil and asked "Why am I breaking out so much" and then, after a year or so of using it, I realize that it's just a very potent product that you should use on spots that you want to GO AWAY. If you have clear skin, don't bother slabbing on Juvenil because it'll just cause more and more dirty to come up.

Of course, if you are brave, use Juvenil all over your face for a month -- bear through all the "surfacing" that will happen, and you will be pleasantly surprised at how clean your face feels afterwards (you could THEN put Juvenil all over your face and realize that your face is pretty clean)!

Just an update from my side Smile
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi chunlisa, you made a believer out of me cause I have ordered it. I'll let you know how I get on.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi There,

I have been using juvenil mixed with my moisturiser(various) twice a day...and also as a spot treatment, for one month. here is the verdict...It is the best stuff ever for bringing the gunk to surface...it works within 24 hours on most of the buggers. but those deep ones take much longer to surface and sometimes they just dont surface and become smaller and painless..i dont know if it is good or bad..I would rather have NO bump, small or big!

Though once when something was not coming to head after many applications , i layered proActive sulphur mask over juvenil and went to bed...and Bingo!...it came up next morning. So maybe I have found a solution to deep buggers as well. I coulnt try it anymore...(I could have though since these bumps never leave me alone) as I keep forgetting these discoveries! Now that I remember it again I will try on the next one.

now..after a month of using juvenil..I still got my TTOM breakout...but it was relatively mild.

I had a sample of creme 15 and though it was very light when apllied ..it caused a oil break-through after 30-60 minutes. it didnt cause any breakouts....and maybe helped some but i am not sure.

i dont mind the smell.of juvenil..but it IS strong.
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
The very pungent spicy herbal smell of Juvenil IS very strong indeed. The major ingredient is Ichthiol. I googled it and this ingredient is nowhere to be found except at Yonka's website. It may have been used to treat cold in the old times but there is no data at all from other sources of its uses. I don't see that ingredient in any other product.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
The very herbal spicy smell of Juvenil IS very strong indeed. The major ingredient is Ichthiol. I googled it and this ingredient is nowhere to be found except at Yonka's website. It may have been used to treat cold in the old times but there is no data at all from other sources of its uses. I don't see that ingredient in any other product.
I searched for the Ichthiol, too, because I’m wanting to make a homemade Juvenil to go with my homemade Emulsion Pure (the other weapon in the Yonka arsenal for bringing those nasty “Mt Vesuvius” bumps to a head), and the only websites I could find, other than those Yonka-related, were in German. But obviously I couldn’t read or understand them, and when I tried to use the “Translate this page” feature, it didn’t work so well. I’m completely bummed because I have all of the other necessary ingredients to make the Juvenil, I’m only missing the Ichthiol....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:58 am      Reply with quote
ichthiol is antiseptic and antibacterial.

That is all I could find.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys. I LOVE looking stuff like this up, so this post was right up my alley. Sorry if this is more info than you care to read...

The Yonka site spells it "Ichtiol" and there are a few sites that seem to sell ointment by that name, and are listed (as Eve mentioned) as an anti-inflammatory agent, with local anesthetic and antiseptic properties. A few sites note that Ichtiol is a sulfur derivative, which makes sense, because a lot of drying potions and acne treatments seem to contain sulfur.

One of the foreign sites listed it like this: "(Ichtiol - Ichtammol)," so after doing a search on Ichtammol, I found a site which mentioned that "Ichthammol is a mixture of sulfone acid ammonium salt, it contains water and ammonium sulfate, and 11,5% of organically combined Sulphur."

...and yet another site spelled it differently, as Ichthammol, which yielded the following, which I personally think is the most helpful: "Ichthammol (or Ichthyol) is a black viscous liquid, which is a distillation product of bituminous schist or shale. It is commonly used in an ointment in 10% or 20% concentrate as a "drawing salve", also called "black ointment", and it seems to work by softening skin cells."

Anyway, that's probably too much info but just wanted to share what I found. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, one more thing.

Ichthammol can be found as the active ingredient in most of the drawing salves that I can find online. Here's a site that sells a 20% ointment:
http://www.baar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=001&Product_Code=356

Carekate, do you think there's any way that you could use something in this form in your homemade Juvenil, or do you think the other ingredients would be a problem?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ah! I see now. It's all in the spelling. Thanks for the research, marmurl.

So then I found this:
http://www.ichthyol.com/content/material/cosmetic/pimples.htm

and this... which states that it is actually a natural product obtained by dry distillation from a bituminous mineral found in the Tyrol. So this is not a plant extract as Yonka lead as to believe:

http://www.homeoint.org/seror/patho1900/ichthyol.htm

Hope these helped!
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting! Very Happy Thanks for the links!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
marmur1 wrote:
Carekate, do you think there's any way that you could use something in this form in your homemade Juvenil, or do you think the other ingredients would be a problem?
Well, there's only one way to find out!! I'm going to order one of the tubes of salve and see what happens...(actually, I'm doing something similar with the Calendula [sp?], also a prime ingredient in Juvenil, since I can't find any pure 100% Calendula. The only things I've been able to find are toner/astrigent type products that contain high percentages of Calendula. If my mad-scientist experiments turn out well, you can be sure I'll post the recipe for everyone!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Great! I hope it works for you!!! Very Happy I love that you're quite the scientist.

I went to Whole Foods yesterday to have a look to see if they sold any drawing salves, and happened to notice that they had quite a few calendula products in that area of the store. I hadn't ever heard of Calendula before and was pleased to find out that Calendula is Marigold flowers! I love to find that natural ingredients work well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:07 am      Reply with quote
...as Juvenil to get rid of forming pimples overnight!

I had run out of Juvenil and hadn’t gotten around to buying another bottle because I’m waiting to receive my tube of Ichthiol so I can make a homemade version. But I had a(nother) giant zit forming on my cheek (must be the stress of selling my house/moving into hotel while waiting for my new house to be finished because I’ve broken out more in the past two weeks than I have in an entire year!!), so I decided I would try my homemade Emulsion Pure on the zit to see if I could “nip it in the bud,” since EP works similarly to Juvenil, the difference being that EP is used as a compress.

So I put a couple drops of EP on a bandaid and I put the bandage over the zit and left it on overnight. The result? When I woke up this morning, the bump had almost completely disappeared!!! So now I’m thinking that maybe we don’t need to have both products in our arsenal to combat breakouts, I think it would be safe to use one or the other for spot treatments....

I just wanted to report my findings in case there is anybody out there pondering whether or not there is a need to purchase both products. I’m still going to work on deciphering the exact recipe/formulation of Juvenil, just ‘cuz I enjoy the challenge, but it’s no longer a necessity for me to keep a supply of both Juvenil and Emulsion Pure on hand!!

Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie, who did you order the Ichthiol from?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
i was quite disappointed with it as it's didn't work on me~
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |