Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
YSL Touche Eclat & Revlon Skinlights Concealers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
This morning I ordered some YSL (well, won brand new on eBay) for $32 US plus shipping. I have darkness under my eyes and I'm hoping this will help. While at Wal-Mart today, I noticed Revlon's Skinlights Concealer that looked like a knock-off of YSL and by the reveiws at MUA, it is.

Has anyone tried both? The Revlon was cheap, I can't remember the exact cost, under $15 CAD though. I can always sell my YSL on eBay for what I paid for it and just pick up the Revlon if it's almost as good. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I would be curious to find out the answer as well!! Very Happy

I currently use the YSL Touche Eclat #2 (they have three different ones, the one I use is a light beige, as opposed to the pinkish ones). I really like it a lot, it highlights around my eyes very nicely. I apply it with my Jane Iredale camouflage 10 brush, because the brush on the end of the YSL tube is hard to use.

If there is a cheaper knock-off version out there that works just as well maybe I will return mine and get the Revlon one instead.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use the pink Touche Eclat and couldn't be without it. The Revlon has too much shimmer in it for my taste. The Eclat is more a brightener than a "shimmery-glowy" finish.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
I use the pink Touche Eclat and couldn't be without it. The Revlon has too much shimmer in it for my taste. The Eclat is more a brightener than a "shimmery-glowy" finish.

Ah, ok! I'm goin' for brighter not shimmery, thanks betterat40! Smile

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Revlon and have the YSL - the YSL wins hands down. It seems smoother and more natural. Clarins also makes a similar product (cheaper I think) but I didn't quite like that one. It seems drier than the YSL and more obvious on the skin. However, I think I was at the Dior counter with Sassyred when I spied a similar product there. I just played with the tester and thought it was even nicer than my Touche Eclat. Seemed more moisturising, smoother, and more sheer. Haven't bought it yet though 'coz I still have the YSL and Clarins to use up.

Btw, one thing that irritates me about the Touche Eclat is that the applicator tends to develop a stale smell after a while. I regularly clean mine with rubbing alcohol though to prevent that. I don't see the same problem with the Clarins - maybe because it's drier.

ETA: The Touche Eclat & related products aren't really concealers - they are highlighters. They don't have a lot of pigment but do have some light defracting particles that help to make the dark circles look less obvious (ok, and they have SOME pigment of course to do that as well). I found MAC Moisturecover concealer to be a fab light concealer for the eye area on days when I need to cover up things.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for YSL TE - didn't like the Revlon one at all. The YSL one is well worth the money.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Mabsy and Lucia! I don't feel so silly now spending so much (for me). Smile

I've read here but don't remember who posted it, YSL can be layered over a more concealing product? That is what I will try anyway because I don't think a reflector is going to solve my problem, I will still need to conceal. My intent is to get a more natural look with less product. I love this forum and MUA because I can the low down here and trade something that doesn't work for me. Smile Life's good! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking at YSL and Dior's skinflash for awhile now, wanting to try one or both. There isn't a YSL or Dior counter nearby, so I don't have access to try the different shades. My skintone is neutral. Anything yellow looks horrid on me, as does an obvious pink shade. A neutral shade, a light beige, would work well as a concealor for me, as does Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. I've thought about trying YSL #1. I'm an NC 25 in winter and 30 in summer. If any of you can describe the shades of either of these products, I would appreciate it!
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I got a terrible rash under my eyes from the YSL TE Sad I had to use hydrocortisone to get rid of it again, so threw the TE in the bin.

I've been using a similar concealer by Kanebo, but I will test out either Lancome or Dior next, as they seem creamier and less dry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
mhhh...I cant decide, if i should take the YSL or the Fresh Absulute Concealer...But the YSL sounds verry good...javascript:emoticon('Neutral')
Neutral
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I also like YSL better, althought I was hoping the Revlon would work. Betterat40 said it, YSL brightens more. The price is a bit much I mean really, it doesn't cost that much to make! Wink

I also have tried the one Masby mentioned by Clarins and it doesn't *brighten* as much.

The one Masby mentioned at the YSL counter, can't remember the name? it was new, the SA tried it on me but I don't think I liked it as much as the Touche Eclat, and they were the same price.She had mentioned it was suppose to be more moisturizing but I don't think I noticed a difference in texture. She tried a couple shades on me but I wasn't impressed...I thought you (Masby) you liked it on me? I can't remember,hormones kill memory cells, LOL.

I guess YSL still HOLDS it market even with an outrageous price tag. Smile

**edited***OOOps your were right Masby! it was the Dior counter not YSL! that dang memory.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Like Debra, I don't want anything too pink or too yellow. When I look at the Saks website, #2 - Ivory looks interesting. #1 - Luminous Radiance looks pink. #3 - Light Peach looks tan. My local Saks used to carry YSL -- I'm going to call tomorrow and find out if they still do (they remodeled and changed some of their cosmetic brands -- no more Stila, for example). Debra, if they carry it, I'll check out the colors later in the week and let you know.
Mabsy

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I've read here but don't remember who posted it, YSL can be layered over a more concealing product?

I tend to do that after a late night when I do need more coverage. Jane Iredale Circle Delete goes first and then the YSL TE over it Smile

Sassyred - Can't remember which shade was good for you, I think I was slightly too overwhelmed by the presence of all the makeup I can't get my hands on in Australia. Might have had some slight issues with concentrating Laughing I did think the Dior Skin Flash was more moisturising but also more sheer. I'll try that one day.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Yep I layer the TE over JI Circle Delete too - works brilliantly. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Quote:
Debra, if they carry it, I'll check out the colors later in the week and let you know.

Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback. I agree, the closest looks like the ivory. Take care and have a fabulous day!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Debra - I went to Saks today and checked these out. #1 has a very faint pinkish cast, #2 is most neutral, and #3 is the darkest -- better for tanned skin. Like betterat40 said, it's not as shimmery as Revlon Skinlights. It's more like a sheer highlighter. If anyone wants to cover very dark circles or spots, I'd think a concealer would have to be used under it. I didn't opt to buy it because I was hoping it would do a better job at camouflaging a small depression/scar on my chin but alas, it didn't do any better than my regular old concealer.
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
another vote for YSL

this is an amazing highlighter - it is invisible, yet brightens you face and takes years off - simply marvelous Very Happy

wish it was cheaper, though. tried every copy on the market - from drugstores to department stores. do not know why, but nobody makes it better. many copies, but they are just not the same. thus, the price for YSL Sad
Mabsy

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:10 am      Reply with quote
bkurant wrote:
tried every copy on the market - from drugstores to department stores. do not know why, but nobody makes it better. many copies, but they are just not the same. thus, the price for YSL Sad

What did you think of the Dior one?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I have the Dior concealer since yesterday Laughing , and so far, I like it better than the other ones I've tried. I found YSL extremely drying (I got a rash from it), and the Kanebo concealer, while providing me with a perfect match colourwise, was too matte and too dry in the finish.

The one from Dior is just right. Very Happy Not too matte, gives decent coverage, doesn't settle into fine lines (important with dry skin). Nr 1 is very light and very pink, nr 2 yellow-toned and light, and nr 3 more apricot-y. I have nr 3.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
I have the Dior concealer since yesterday Laughing , and so far, I like it better than the other ones I've tried.

I don't find the YSL drying but thought that the Dior one had a better texture, more smooth and moisturising. I only played with a tester though so I'm glad to hear you like it. I'll definitely try that one next.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Sorry could not answer sooner

Have to agree with Nemi that Dior “gives decent coverage”
Yet, to me at least, the point of YSL is not to cover but to highlight.
It just makes one look more radiant, less tired & glowing, but in a very subtle way. It melts into the skin, eye manages to reflect the light beautifully.

BTW, Just found another copy at target – booths’ #7. It is sold for $12.99 We shall see ….
Mabsy

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile Let us know how the #7 one turns out if you get it....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
A couple days after I bought mine on eBay a lady on Makeup Alley requested a swap with me and she had a YSL TE #1 used twice with a q-tip she says so I traded her a new Ombrelle sunscreen for it. I figure I could santize it easily enough. I certainy would never swap for a concealer if it were any other type of dispenser.

So, I got my brand new one but am waiting for my swap, if I like it, I'll keep them both, if I don't like it I can sell the new one and swap the other.

I couldn't believe the amount stated on the rather large dispenser, 2.5 mls!!! It *better* be a miracle product! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
I have the Dior concealer since yesterday Laughing , and so far, I like it better than the other ones I've tried. I found YSL extremely drying (I got a rash from it), and the Kanebo concealer, while providing me with a perfect match colourwise, was too matte and too dry in the finish.

The one from Dior is just right. Very Happy Not too matte, gives decent coverage, doesn't settle into fine lines (important with dry skin). Nr 1 is very light and very pink, nr 2 yellow-toned and light, and nr 3 more apricot-y. I have nr 3.

Well, I ended up returning the Skinflash to the shop. It didn't blend in good enough, slid on top of the eyecream and ended up looking funny. In addition, my skin looked drier after a couple of days use.

I ended up giving the Touche Eclat #2 another try again Embarassed I can always return it if it gives me a rash, and maybe the rash that last time was caused by something else.

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Nemi! It did seem more moisturising than the YSL but sliding on top of eye cream and drying the eye area out does not sound too good... I'll stay away from buying this then. It's not something that you can figure out by testing it once and returning things here is rather hard....

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |