Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dr Hauschka Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Oh how I wanted to like this eye cream.... I'm crazy about eye cream, I'm crazy about pretty much all the Dr Hauschka products that I have tried so far, so I was expecting to be crazy about this - or at least like it! I also read the two great reviews of this cream on MUA so I was really happy when I got my hands on a sample of this.

I've been using this for over a week (I think). While I absolutely LOVE my Cellcosmet Eye Contour cream, you must understand that this product junkie MUST try new products. I just can't stick with something even though I think it's great. I'm sure many of you can identify with this Wink Anyway, so the last few months I guess I've been going from sample to sample and occasionally going back to Cellcosmet and Murad (for day time). My eyes have been looking pretty good. I went through a sample of the Pevonia Evolutive Eye Gel, which was good. Pevonia Evolutive Eye Cream, also very good. PSF eye cream, also very good but too rich for me sadly. Then I started on a sample of the Dr Hauschka and, sure, it's a nice cream but it didn't really do anything for me. How can I tell? I can tell because my eyes are just not looking as good. I am starting to come up with dark circles (here I thought they were gone, turns out the other creams might have been helping Smile) and, well, there's no other way to say this - my eyes are just not looking as perky! Nothing else has changed, unless drinking protein shakes can do that to your skin.... I do like the texture of this cream, it's pretty light but feels moisturising, it sinks in and doesn't leave any greasy residue. The first few days I was happy using it until I realised this morning looking in the mirror that it's time to go back to the Cellcosmet.

Now, while I am pretty sure that there is nothing else that is impacting the condition of the skin around the eye area (all is good elsewhere Smile) we all know that, even though I think nothing has changed, there is always a possibility of it being something else. I'm going back to the Cellcosmet tonight and I'm going to wait a week. If everything improves then I officially don't like the Dr Hauschka eye cream Shock , otherwise I'll have to give it another go. Meanwhile, I would love to hear from someone who has tried this eye cream. Other reviews online have been good for this so I'm wondering if it's just me.... Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
wow, i have heard good reviews on the Dr. H eye cream. It's too bad it didnt do anything for you Mabsy Confused
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:55 am      Reply with quote
sorry that the DH eye cream didn't work out!

(like you, even though I've found products that are great for my skin, I'm still tempted to try new ones whenever I read about them, curse this forum!)

I am using the DH eye balm, and it too doesn't hold my dark circles down very well. I was using clinique all about eyes before and that really helped with the circles, but DH hasn't done much.

perhaps it's just the ingredients... perhaps 'artificial' is better at combating those dreaded dark puffy circles.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I can't really deal with creams under my eyes, so as a natural alternative, I recommend Jurlique's eye gel...it's just so light and fresh and you need so little. Sometimes my eyes feel alittle stingy after applying it because of the rosy smell (I have VERY sensitive eyes) but that disappears after a few seconds. I found (unfortionately) Dr. H eye creams to be too oily and make me feel (maybe not look, but feel) puffy. As far as natural goes, I have not found an eye gel even close to comparable to Jurlique's! Very Happy
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,

Just curious, did the cellcosmet help out when you went back to it (I am a scientist - it wasn't a controlled experiment - so now I am would like proof that the cellcosmet is the one really working! Laughing Also because I am making excuses not to buy it right now, this minute! Confused )
Thanks
Melissa
Mabsy

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Can't help you just yet Melissa - I've only been back on the Cellcosmet for a day! Smile I caved on Tuesday and decided to use the Dr H one more time (to finish off the sample). I'll report back in about a week...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I managed to get a little sample pot of this just recently & although I really like Dr H products I wasn't too impressed with this one. Although I prefer it's texture more than the Dr H Eye Contour Balm, which I find a bit too thick, I thought this one didn't really get absorbed too well & sort of just sat there on my skin, which made my eyes feel really tight & uncomfortable. I also seemed to develope a bit a rash type thing under my eyes, which was really strange as Dr H products have never given me any breakouts or reactions...ever!

I will just stick to my HG eye cream I think Smile
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Is this the eye cream with avocado oil? I tried a sample of this and thought it was a ho-hum product but then I haven't found an amazing eye cream yet (I haven't tried the Cellcosmet).
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
P.S: Another caveat, I'm not sure about the application method. There's another thread about the correct way of applying eye cream but no consensus, it seems. I'd be curious of how those who use their HG eye cream do it.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
yes i love most dr h's products but this one didn't work at all..it's not moisturizing enough (maybe the eye balm works better? but i haven't tried it)

if they could make an eye cream version of the quince day cream, then it would definitely be better
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |