Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Things that you do to make you feel better!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello to all,
Firstly, I think its great that people from different cultures and countries can come together to talk about things in general as well as what unites us all...beauty!! Following "The Blues" post, I thought I would add a happier post - not because I am hoping to ignore the terrible truths that can be and have been shared on other posts, but because I think everyone has inherent "happiness" mechanisms that they can employ as near-instant mood boosters!!

Here is my lot (oh, and I have separated them into when I have money and when I am broke..see sometimes I am broke and down, sometimes I am broke and down, sometimes I am down because I am broke!! Laughing ed:just joking). Add as you see fit...

Poor days:
1.Have a long, warm bath by candle-light, add essential oils or bubblebath. Submerge your ears in the water and concentrate on listening to the sounds you hear - it's a great way to calm down after a very stressful day.

2.have a spring-clean! Clean house=clean mind so they say. Besides it allows you to give your unwanted to charity and there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you who would be grateful for what you can give.

3. Wrap yourself up in a doona and lay on the couch for three hours and watch soppy movies, or the Simpsons depending on your mood - laughing is great for when you are not at 100%, it's been clinically proven.

4. Write (or start to) your novel. EVERYONE has a story to tell - write it down. Sometimes getting things on paper puts it into perspective...

5.Re-store something. Sand back an old coffee table and re-stain it, give it new life and you will feel a sense of achievement! Reupholster the table, a couch or just the old outdoor chairs.

6.Get into gardening - get back to nature. There are some people that fell better after hugging trees, maybe talk to your plants -they ARE alive - especially if no-one else will listen - I love doing it, all my plants have names and personalities I swear!

7.Keep in touch with those you love. Write emails or long letters to all those people "you've been meaning to". We often get so busy that we lose touch with those close to us and feel alone. Just having a reply to an email and hearing what a close friend has been going through makes you feel re-connected to the human race. YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!!

8.Hug your pet! I guarantee that when I am sad, my cat, (KING) Henry comes to me and rubs his face against my arm. He feels my sadness and comforts me when my family are 4000 miles away (which they really are). He meows for prawms and scratches my legs, and whatdoyaknow, soon I forget all about my problems and focus my attention on my beautiful cat. People with pets live longer you know.

Just for the record: they did a survey on people who had survived a suicidal fall (can't remember from what), but EVERY SINGLE ONE of them realised on the way down that ALL of their problems where solvable. I believe that wholeheartedly Laughing Also, someone once told me life was too short to be sad........

With Money:
Will update later if post warrants it.

Please let us know what cheers you up, what you would hate to live without...lets get some good news all around us...

Cheers,
Melissa
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:28 am      Reply with quote
have to agree those are good things to do.

Another is go for a walk - take in the fersh air.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:45 am      Reply with quote
All of the above with an occasional chocolate treat for good measure Laughing
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
only that topic makes me happyjavascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing I love to meditate, to sit on my large balkony in the sun, im verry easy to get happy,even just with happy music..javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy And my 2 cats make me happy evry day...Im addicted to themjavascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |