Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::Review:: Dr. Hauschka handcream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:18 am      Reply with quote
After approx. 2 months of use, I must say that I really like this handcream, much more than I thought I would initially. It sinks right in, but the effect it still quite longlasting. And it has the typical Hauschka smell, which I really like, but which some people might find too much. I also thought the 50ml-tube wouldn't last long, but I was wrong. I keep it in my office, and I still have more than half of it left.
For the record: My hands are quite dry, but less so now than in the winter.

I bought it at my local health food store, and paid approx. 15USD (18CAD) for the tube.

I only wish Hauschka could stop with the stupid metal tubes...

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Hand Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Dr Hauschka Hand Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Protects the skin of the hands by maintaining its natural acid pH
An easily absorbed non greasy cream which helps protect and soothe the skin without leaving an oily film

Replaced by {{17775}}.

miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I have always contemplated getting a 'classy' handcream, but found DH and Jurlique stuff too expensive for too little, especially in NZ.

I'm glad you are finding it lasting even for dry hands. I always want to apply the cream many times during the day, but find that as soon as I put it on I have to do something that involves washing my hands afterwards!!

Perhaps this will be on my to-buy list Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love this handcream, too! You don't need much so it lasts a while. I use it on my dry elbow and it has worked wonders.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
i just got a sample of this over the weekend and tried for the first time this morning at work. it smells lovely, and it soaks in right away! no oily fingers on the keyboard!

it has been a few hours now, and my hands still feel nice and soft.
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love their rose body lotion and oil, but again the packaging is not the best.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
I only wish Hauschka could stop with the stupid metal tubes...
You know, I think companies do that on purpose! Shock I think they figure if the tube gets all cracked and nasty, that customers will be replacement tubes which ends up meaning that they make twice as much money!! If they simply like the "look" of the metal tubes, they *do* have plastic tubes these days that look exactly like the old-fashioned metal tubes, but without the hassles.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE their rose body oil and rose body lotion. I like to mix the oil and lotion half and half. Then you get the best of both worlds.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hey -- that's a great idea! I have some of the oils sitting around, but I didn't feel they did me much good on their own. I think I'll try it out!
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Try it, it works out real well. I like the way the oil makes my skin feels, but it is hard to spread. I just mix half and half, (sometimes in my hand, but most of the time in a bottle) and use it that way. It is much easier to spread that way, but not too oily.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I had the same problem with the oil. I tried applying it just after a shower as another poster suggested -- it was much better but it still didn't spread enough. Mixing is such a fabulous idea....hehe now I have to go stock up on body lotion just to try it Wink
Mabsy

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
SaffronRouge wrote:
Try it, it works out real well. I like the way the oil makes my skin feels, but it is hard to spread. I just mix half and half, (sometimes in my hand, but most of the time in a bottle) and use it that way. It is much easier to spread that way, but not too oily.

I love the Dr Hauschka body oils! Drool I found that the trick to applying them easily is to apply them to slightly damp skin. You end up using a lot less this way too. This is actually recommended anyway because the oil then locks in the moisture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Dr Hauschka Bath Oils? I'm trying to find something one that goes milky in the bathwater and doesn't leave an oily film behind in the bath when you drain out the water. (Bath oils aren't very relaxing, as far as I'm concerned, if you have to spend ages scrubbing the tub out afterwards. Shock )

I know that REN's bath oils are supposed to be great for this, but they're scarily expensive.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I am a total addict of Dr. Hauschka bath oils!!!!!!! I'm not sure what you mean by wanting the oil to 'go milky' in the bath water . . . it stays clear. It doesn't leave a gross film on your skin when you get out -- it's very pleasant. In fact, if I put a little extra in I can shave without a shaving cream so I find that a nice bonus. Only thing is when I wash my hair sometimes I have to give it a rinse with fresh water so the oil doesn't make my hair a little greasy looking, which I have a tendency to get anyway. Smile

My favorite bath oil by far is Spruce, and my least favorite is the lavendar.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, chimera. I'm very tempted to buy some. It does sound good. My skin's dry, so I really think it would help.

But does it leave a film of oil behind in your bathtub that you have to scrub out after having a bath?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:52 am      Reply with quote
just received my DH handcream from EDS

i am surprised by the texture of the cream, it's not thick and sticky like most other natural handcreams i've tried. and it does absorb quite quickly!

mmm more money to spend
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb -- it doesnt leave much of a film. I've had problems with that with other brands and I end up slipping when I go to take a shower the next day. The Dr H variety is much much better, though there is a small amount of film I find -- but it just needs a quick rinse. I also use the bath oils as a shaving cream substitute when I run out -- works better than the real thing!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:34 am      Reply with quote
I`ve used up my sample of DH handcream and must say that it may be ok for me in the summer, but it is too light for the winter, when my hands are soooo dry and sometimes chappy. The best handcream I found for winter is Avene handcream with coldcream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva,

Totally agreed with you, Dr. H's has nice smell, but for the moisturing effect, ahava is much better!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I really find this product nice, yet the price is a bit steep for what you get, thus I tend to purchase the Aveda hand cream...love it!!!
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've got a sample of Dr.Hauschka Hand Cream which I haven't tried. I'm currently using Guerlain's Super Aqua-Hand and alternate it with StriVectin-HC Hand Cream. I've also bought Jurlique's Rose Hand Cream recently. I'm gonna try this one.
osharon
5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
This hand cream is amazing, my whole family love it!

Smell nice, not greasy, the only complaint is too pricy!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always in search of my HG handcream - I'll give this one a shot!
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
The DrH hand cream is good. Not sticky, have a nice texture and absorb quickly but because of my job (i have to wash my hands a lot during the day so they are very very dry) i prefer something more like Jurlique hand cream...make my hand more soft.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
start addicted to Dr.Hauschka line, how is this hand cream compared to Jurlique rose hand cream?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:28 am      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
start addicted to Dr.Hauschka line, how is this hand cream compared to Jurlique rose hand cream?

This is something Im curious of also.
I have never tried the Dr H hand cream.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |