Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
dehydrated yet "congested" skin--- Help!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:40 am      Reply with quote
HI! I am a newbie here (love the site so far!!)

My skin: age 35, fair, very SMALL pores, blackheads to nose, fine lines around mouth and eyes.

The products I have used either: 1/ dry me out or 2/ clog my pores!

I am pregnant, so I can't use certain products (vitamin A, for ex) and I am trying to avoid "bad" ingredients that are toxic to the body (mineral oil and other petroleum products, propylene glycol, --paraben, etc.) I prefere a more "natural" line, but so far I have had no luck with lines such as Dr. Hauschka, Aubrey Organics, Jason Naturals, Zia, etc.

I recently started using Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel ---- it is way too drying for my skin. I also have the micorfoliant (I have only used once and so far, so good), the moisturizing booster (havn't used yet).

I am currently using Jane Iredale makeup (loose minerals) which I love. I tried the new liquid minerals but bisque is too dark for me.

I am interested in something that would not have a lot of chemicals, not block my pores, and bring moisture back to my lifeless skin.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much! Smile

Dagny
Caspers Mum

Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Neither of these products should congest or clog your pores, but they will help with dehydration: Skinceuticals Hydra B-5 Gel, and Decelor's Aromaessence Neroli. You may also want to try Decleor's Hydra Floral Creme. This has plant based ingredients, and will not only boost hydration, but comfortably moisturize the surface of the skin!
dagny
5% products discount

Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum,
thanks for your reply! I am interested in the Decleor products you mentioned --- do you know of a way I can get the ingredient list for the hydrafloral cream and the baume essential? I have been looking on the internet without success.

I found the ingredient lists for their velvet cleansing milk and toner and I was suprised at all the "non-natural" ingredients and loads of preservatives. Hopefully the baume and the hydrafloral are not the same.

Once again, thanks for your recommendations! I smell a large purchase coming soon! Smile

Dagny
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello Dagny,

I don't know if you're interested in this, but I have very dry, dehydrated and allergic skin. I have used the Decleor "Velvet Cleansing Milk" without any problem to my skin, and believe me, I am extremely sensitive to many chemical ingredients. With the "Velvet Cleansing Milk" my skin did not break out or become irritated or clogged or congested in any way. If something is okay for my skin, then it's okay for the rest of the population. Decleor makes many great products. Just thought I would mention this to you.
jccl
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:10 am      Reply with quote
i am 28 and have the same problems. after getting facials from everybody in town, i found dermalogica products to be the most comfortable and effective.

am using dermalogica essential cleasing solution to cleanse, followed by the daily micorfoliant. sometimes the microfoliant makes my skin feel tight, but after spritzing on the multiactive toner, which contains lavendar among other things, everything is fine again.

i then use the skin renewal booster helps exfoliate the dead skin and bring impurities to the surface and finally i put on the skin smoothing cream to add moisture to the top layer of my skin.

have ordered decleor products for their supposed effect, ie, essential balm (purifying), neroli aromaessence, hydra floral cream and phytopeel. hope they help, as i have heard so many good things about them.

last thing, i am also trying all the different types of mineral loose powder, as it appears to be the best type of loose powder (sweat proof, natural coverage, and with physical spf protection).

got a breakout recently, and was worried that it was due to the loosepowder (JI), but realised that it was the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil that I was using. have stopped using the make-up removal oil and my skin feels sooooo much better.

just sharing my experiments but must give praise to dermalogica's line for helping my dull and dry but congested skin.

regards,
joanne
dagny
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate the suggestions!

As for Dermalogica, I have found the cleansers to be way too harsh and the moisturizers (even the new Power Rich) not to moisturize enough. I would NEVER consider my skin to be "dry" but apparently these products have been zapping out all of my skin's moisture.

As for Decleor, I am interested in the cleansers. Any ingredient listing for the Velvet cleansing milk? Any blackheads from it?

Dagny
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Dagny,

The Decleor Velvet Cleansing Milk left no blackheads, but I forget the list of ingredients. You may also want to consider the Cleansing Oil. It's for all skin types and leaves no oily residue on the skin when washed off. Had no break outs from it either. I used a whole bottle of this cleanser. I don't remember the ingredients but I do remember there were not a lot of synthetics. I'm very careful about that with my sensitive, allergic skin. You can always ask for samples. Hope this helps, but I know you're interested in the ingredients. I understand, but can't help you there.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |