Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DMAE Cream better than expected!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I curious to know what others think of DMAE.
I have been using a DMAE night time moisturizer with both alpha lipoic acid and vitamin C Ester as active ingredients for over six months now. I have seen a significant improvement in both the firmness of my skin and skin tone. (I have been aggressively fighting the signs of older, aging skin).
I have conducted several years of research for an educational anti-aging skin care website I've been working on (www.SkinCareResourceCenter.com ) for those interested in skin rejuvenation, and there isn't much independent clinical research on the effectiveness of DMAE to be found. What research I have found suggests that it has good potential for treating sagging skin.
I'm really curious to know what results others have experienced who have tried DMAE. I'm wondering if I just happened to find a good combination of anti-aging ingredients that seems to work well for my particular skin issues or if others have seen similar results using DMAE.
Although this is may be a rather unscientific method, I think it would be really interesting and helpful to know what specific anti-aging treatments people are using and are finding effective. (The proof is in the pudding so to speak or in the diminishing wrinkles!) Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the DMAE serum from Janson & Beckett...but haven't really had the time to try it out yet....because of my combination skin type.....but since you've had brilliant results with it...then i think i will try it out....

regards Karina
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used DMAE all over my face, but I've had really good results from Dr Perricone Eye Area Therapy ($45 for .5oz)with ingredients Alpha lipoic acid, DMAE and vitamin C Ester. I wanted to find a cheaper solution, so I purchased Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Eye Serum W/Dmae & Vit.C ($13 for 1 oz), and I like it, but not as well as Perricone's. Maybe just because I'm used to the thicker consistency of Perricone.

Since I wasn't satisfied with the serum alone, I've been using Reviva serum first then Perricone on top. I am still seeing improvement around my eyes with these ingredients even after 6 months of use.

Edited to add: Just browsed your website for now, but am looking forward to reading every word!
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I must admit that I've developed a passion over the years for learning as much as possible on anti-aging skin care. After reading Dr. Perricone's books I looked at his website and was mortified at how much his skin care products cost!
That's another one of the reasons I put together the website. After analyzing what the necessary concentration of a particular skin rejuvenation ingredient should be, it was just a matter of researching which particular products identified the percentage to ensure effective results which are also affordable.
For instance, a concentration of 8% to 15% for gylcolic acid is necessary to produce results. *Research recommends that a concentration of more than a 15% should only be applied professionally. (No one should have to pay a $100 for something they can get for $10 that is equally effective!)
DMAE is becoming increasingly popular and I wish there were more conclusive studies available. I also use the Reviva DMAE combination cream which is the one I've been pleasantly surprised with the results!
I'm loving the information with your experiences! Thanks for sharing... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:47 am      Reply with quote
In my search for inexpensive DMAE skin care products, I ran upon ROC skin care which is a Johnson & Johnson company. I haven't tried any yet, but I've been told J&J licensed some of Perricone's technology for the ROC Protient line which sells in drugstores. My local Rite-Aid sells a few of the products so I'll be trying soon. They are more expensive (approx $15-20USD per tube/bottle) than regular drugstore skin care. Drugstore.com has an extensive offering of ROC products.

Here's a link to the ROC products in case you are interested:

http://www.rocskincare.com/lifting-firming.html

Have you heard of or had any experience with ROC?

-Cheri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have the ingredients of the Riviva product?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the ingredients for Reviva Labs Firming Eye Serum with Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester & DMAE:

Ingredients: Demineralized spring water, olive oil, cyclomethicone, whole wheat protein, DMAE bitartrate, mulberry extract, lime extract, alpha lipoic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, hyaluronic acid, allantoin, xanthan gum, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth 20, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Cheri,
I used to use the RoC protient lift and it is really good (so why don't I use it any more? Confused Dunno, too much else to slap on my face Laughing ) I found the day cream/gel better than the serum btw. It isn't a bad price and it lasts a long time. Not sure what's in it though. This was from my days of not really knowing what stuff worked and what was just filler!

Debbie NIR on the dianayvonne forum has reviewed a dmae serum that sounds really good and isn't tooooo expensive. Can't remember the name of it, but it's going on my wish list Very Happy

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I wanted to find a cheaper solution, so I purchased Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Eye Serum W/Dmae & Vit.C ($13 for 1 oz), and I like it, but not as well as Perricone's. Maybe just because I'm used to the thicker consistency of Perricone.

Cheri - what's the texture like of the Reviva Eye Serum w/DMAE? I've had my eye on that for ages but haven't yet caved and bought it. I was hoping it would be a light lotion rather than just a serum that you have to use an eye cream over? Do you think it would be moisturising enough for someone with normal skin around the eye area? TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:56 am      Reply with quote
It is a very light white lotion instead of a serum so you should be able to get by with it. Perricone is just slightly thicker and I was just used to that. I think I'll wear just the Reviva alone this week to see if it'll work as well for me.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:02 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Cheri,
I used to use the RoC protient lift and it is really good (so why don't I use it any more? Confused Dunno, too much else to slap on my face Laughing ) I found the day cream/gel better than the serum btw. It isn't a bad price and it lasts a long time. Not sure what's in it though. This was from my days of not really knowing what stuff worked and what was just filler!

Debbie NIR on the dianayvonne forum has reviewed a dmae serum that sounds really good and isn't tooooo expensive. Can't remember the name of it, but it's going on my wish list Very Happy

I think I'll go to Rite-Aid today and pick up the daytime stuff. The gel/cream has some really good reviews on MUA.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I used to use the Protient Lift too. It did firm my eye area visibly, but I was unhappy with the texture of the product so I abandoned it pretty quickly. Can't remember why; too heavy or waxy looking or something - seems to be a regular problem with Roc products for me.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
In my search for inexpensive DMAE skin care products, I ran upon ROC skin care which is a Johnson & Johnson company. I haven't tried any yet, but I've been told J&J licensed some of Perricone's technology for the ROC Protient line which sells in drugstores. My local Rite-Aid sells a few of the products so I'll be trying soon. They are more expensive (approx $15-20USD per tube/bottle) than regular drugstore skin care. Drugstore.com has an extensive offering of ROC products.

Here's a link to the ROC products in case you are interested:

http://www.rocskincare.com/lifting-firming.html

Have you heard of or had any experience with ROC?

-Cheri

Hi CHeri!
I was just about to post a review on this ROC stuff!! Long story short - I went on holiday last month and forgot my skincare & make-up bag (YES - can you believe it?)....I stopped in at a drugstore and picked up two of the ROC products - ROC Protient Immediate Lift (for the full face) and ROC Protient Lift Eye Lifting Gel......I was AMAZED. This stuff isn't bad at all.....I got results that were *at least* as good as the lifting effect I get from my Decleor eye lifting serum and my Orlane Morning Recovery Concentrate....I was VERY pleasantly surprised....no scent, no stinging or tingling....no breakouts.....I was amazed...would recommend these two products any day - and they cost significantly less than most specialty and spa lines....Great stuff if you are in a snag!!!
Pudoodles
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Forgetting my precious skin care would ruin my entire vacation! Did you forget your sunscreen too? Shock

Now you have me really excited about the ROC line. I can't wait to buy it tonight! Seems DMAE is the ticket for my skin.

-Cheri
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I can't imagine forgetting all my stuff!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Reviva product for about a month. I like it and do not find the texture too light. I also sometimes mix in extra DMAE from a concentrated liquid.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just called the Reviva customer serivce to find out what % of DMAE and vit C there was in their eye serum. It was so weird. The woman had NO CLUE nor could she forward me to someone who knows. She just said that "nobody knows" that and it doesn't matter anyway because the product works and that's all I needed to know. She said the only person who knows the %'s is the person who made it and he is not around.

I told her that I WAS concerned b/c I was going to be using the product with another vit c product and I wanted to make sure the % of it combined was not too high for me. She again told me that it did NOT matter as this was formulated specifically for the eye area so it would be fine.

What is all that about?????
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
del...
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
Forgetting my precious skin care would ruin my entire vacation! Did you forget your sunscreen too? Shock

Now you have me really excited about the ROC line. I can't wait to buy it tonight! Seems DMAE is the ticket for my skin.

-Cheri

YES! I forgot EVERYTHING! Isn't that disasterous? No vitamin C serum, no sunscreen - nothing!! I was mortified! Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cheri and Sharky. I'll give it a go (sometime soon anyway).

Pudoodles - Shock ROC Protient Immediate Lift is comparable to the Orlane Morning Recovery? Is it a serum as well or a cream?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles - I don't see the Protient Immediate lift, even on their website. Are you referring to the Daily Firming moisturizer? That's the one I bought last night. I love the texture but it does stink although after a few minutes I don't notice it as much.

-Cheri
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - it's a serum...and yes, it's great stuff....well, maybe not as good as the Orlane Embarassed ...it doesn't give the radiance that the orlane gives but it sure makes your skin look like you've slept! Cheri I just checked the ROC site and I didn't see my stuff either - just creams, etc. in blue packaging....my ROC face serum is in a white opaque pump bottle with a red ROC logo and the product is titled, "Protient Immediate Lift - Lifting Concentrate Face and Neck".....The eye gel is in a tube with the same red ROC logo and it's called, "Protient Lift - Eye Lifting Gel"......strange, isn't it, that it is not on the web site?.....I was in Quebec City when I bought it...so I wasn't in familiar territory...I'm going to check my local shoppers drug mart and see if they can enlighten me! I'll post whatever I find out!
Pudoodles
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
So Ssue, what product DMAE product are you using?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
lily,

You know you can always edit your post, right? Laughing

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Mabsy - it's a serum...and yes, it's great stuff....well, maybe not as good as the Orlane Embarassed ...it doesn't give the radiance that the orlane gives but it sure makes your skin look like you've slept! Cheri I just checked the ROC site and I didn't see my stuff either - just creams, etc. in blue packaging....

Thanks Pudoodles! I like my Orlane so I think I'll just stick with that one - radiance is what I'm after! Very Happy Besides that, when I searched for the ROC one yesterday I found a site that had it but it said it was discontinued...?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |