Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::: Review ::: MD Formulations Total Protector
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Well, like all of the ladies (and a few men) on the forum, I've had trouble finding sun protection that works well with my skin. There has been a lot of talk about what ingredients etc should be in a sunscreen to make it effective, however a lot of the recommended products aren't available in Australia. Soooooo.. to cut a long story short, I decided to try the MD Formulations Total Protector 30 (the one with a light tint) after reading reviews on MUA and I LOVE IT!!

It's very light and non-greasy (doesn't make my oily t-zone go crazy like most other suncreens I've tried). I don't need to use moisturiser before I apply my JI pressed base now, as this acts as a nice base (the combo of it and Vivier Vit C seem to give me enough moisture) without breaking me out, irritating my somewhat sensitive skin or making me greasy. And it doesnt go flakey after it dries like some other "non-greasy" sunscreens I've tried. It's also recommended by the Australian Skin Cancer Foundation (don't really know if that means anything special but I'm assuming they wouldn't endorse a product that was ineffective). I'll post the ingredients below, lets hope no one shatters me by saying that these aren't enough to effectively protect me from the sun. I have worn it for nearly a week now, and have been in the sun without being burnt or noticing any new freckles.

Active ingredients: Zinc Oxide 7.8%, Octinoxate 7.5% and Octisalate 4%.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Any news on the MD Formulations Total sunscreen?

Best wishes

F
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Still using it, still really liking it Very Happy The only thing I've had problems with, is that if I'm having a dry skin day I can't use my Jurlique Calendula Cream as a moisturiser underneath it. When I do (even when I give it 15 mins + to soak in) the MDF sunscreen "pills" and makes flakies on my face which is not the most attractive look!! It doesn't do that when I use my other moisturisers (or no moisturiser). Shouldn't be a major prob because as I mentioned in my earlier post, most days I don't really feel like I need to moisturise underneath it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I am using it now, it wouldnt cause me any pimples, is fantastic..
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello princesita - I use the tinted version and loving it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I also use this and I love it, I though the untinted version though. I think I have mentioned it a few times now, but it is the only sunscreen that has worked on me so far! I dont even need a moisturiser. To be honest, it is probably the best moisturiser I have ever used, LOL Smile It moisturises so well that it just seems to sink in without 'evaporating' or leaving a greasy like so many other moisturisers I have used. All this without the breakouts/milia too Very Happy

I must add that I am grateful to dermadoctor.com who answers my skin questions in a jiffy. I asked for advice about sunblock that does not clog pores and which can be used around the eyes, and she recommended this or the dermadoctor sunblock, so I took the plunge and bought the MD formulations. And sooo glad that I did too! I use the Dermadoctor sunblock as well now, and find it very good. BUT if you are looking for a moisturiser + sunscreen in one, MD formulations do a much better job.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |