Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perricone review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys.
Haven't posed in a while kinda been busy with going to (skincare) school. So Ok. I've seen Dr perricone on TV many times and thought that his stuff was interesting. But it's wasn't until about 4 months ago that I start the perricone diet. And I love NoT do i only feel better and sharper, MY SKIN!!!!!! OMG just from the diet everyone started to tell me how great my tone was and my acne decreased about 70% just amazing, and THE PORES on my nose. i've tried just about everything on my nose i had the largest pores ever.. with lots of blackheads and so on. they decreased about 50% amazing!!!!! If any of you are ever in the book store pick up his book just read it for a few times. I know you'll be hooked. It was a bit hard at first changing my diet but now i'm so happy that i did.. and the results you get is soooo worth it. about 10 days ago I bought the Clear skin Nutritional Support SYS(vit) even more amazing. it was a bit pricey i must say $65 for 1 month supply.. but Now my pores are about 85% smaller than before i started the diet. my skin looks less puffy. I had really deep acne on my chin(little white bumps that are very hard to see because they are so deep in your skin) they all came out, I did break out taking the pills. and I even went back to the Perricone store here in NY to ask them what was going on and the lady there said it was normal that it's like a detox for you skin and sure enough she was right all those little white bumps(acne) came out. i'm so happy i can't tell you enough!!!!!!!!!. while i was in the store and did get some nice samples of products witch took away alot of my acne starting from years ago in 3 days.. this all might seem like magic I still can't believe it myself sometimes.. But this line is something else. If any of you guys are interested buy the book $15 i mean a lipstick now a days cost that much and read it.. it wown't be a wast of money..start from there do the diet and move on to the other stuff if you like what you see. .... Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Congrats skinprofusion!! It is always nice when you can find something that works. Smile Actually, I bought the book a while ago, but haven't got around to reading it yet. I have holidays in 3 weeks, so I was going to start it then. I have sampled some of the products too...but I didn't really get results from them. Maybe you have to use them with the diet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
wow, I gotta try this! I am going to send hubby out to purchase a book for me. Bad Grin
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Congrats skinprofusion!! It is always nice when you can find something that works. Smile Actually, I bought the book a while ago, but haven't got around to reading it yet. I have holidays in 3 weeks, so I was going to start it then. I have sampled some of the products too...but I didn't really get results from them. Maybe you have to use them with the diet.
I think the diet and the pills make a huge difference. it's a life style of eating healthy reducing stress, drinking water all that good stuff, not just slapping on a cream.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Which Perricone book is the best? I went to amazon.com, but there are several to choose from.

-Cheri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Are the pills from his website too? Are they specifically for acne or just for skin in general? I'm curious about which book you liked as well. Also what products do you like the best? (Sorry for all the questions...)
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
wow, I gotta try this! today (my birthday) I am going to send hubby out to purchase a book for me. Bad Grin

Happy Birthday Tipu!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
Are the pills from his website too? Are they specifically for acne or just for skin in general? I'm curious about which book you liked as well. Also what products do you like the best? (Sorry for all the questions...)
yes there are pills specifically for acne, and after you acne clears you go on the "skin general" pills there are also some for weight loss, about the books I have all of them.. all of them are the same in a way (low sugar diet). ofcourse there are some differences for wrinkles and acne but not many. as far as products I've only bought the cleanser which i love but lately i've been using samples of the face firming activator, and face finishing moisturizer, face firming is the one i've seen the best results with really helped with acne scares and this is really just in days. face finishing moisturizer is a very nice light cream.. i don't like cream..i've always liked lotions better cause i thought they broke me out.. but this is very difference. there is a new book out the perricone promise I think it covers a little of everything. acne. wrinkes. etc.. etc.
hivanessa28
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
About which book to read; they all have the same basis, the orginial "Wrinkle Cure" is the smallest, gets to the point faster; but does not have all the recipes like the other books.
I do like his books, Oprah had him on her show and they had a few guests pictures of 'befores and afters' just on the diet. Very nice changes!
I bought the "medical kit" of trial sizes of his products, after talking to some friends who really like them. I found them to be fine, just not worth the expense. I really couldn't tell any difference from my other products when I just take the time to use them.
SO I vote YES for the books/information/diet.
And NO for the actual skin care products; unless you have money to burn.
Good luck! Vanessa

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Faith!!!!!!!!!!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I think the diet is great,but not the products. I have tried many of them and was not please at all.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
hivanessa28 wrote:
I bought the "medical kit" of trial sizes of his products, after talking to some friends who really like them. I found them to be fine, just not worth the expense. I really couldn't tell any difference from my other products when I just take the time to use them.
SO I vote YES for the books/information/diet.
And NO for the actual skin care products; unless you have money to burn.
It sounds like his diet might be worthwhile, but I’ve had bad experiences with his skincare products, so I’m almost afraid to believe anything promoted by Dr. Perricone is worthwhile...but I’m glad SkinProfusion has had a happy ending! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
same with me. I think that his products are over priced and over hyped. The diet seems very sensible.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
A low glycemic index diet really helped my wrinkles. I do take fish oil supplements also and eat flax meal. I also think his products are OK but over priced especially the supplements.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm. i'm suprised many of you don't like the products. i felt the same way about them a few years ago, When I just tried the products. they made my skin look worst! I was like no way not for me. for some reason I bought the full size. there was something inside of me that said(this is the one). Guys i can't say enough my skin has changed!!!!!!!! every morning I wake up I think o.. maybe yesterday was just a good skin day and now i'm going to wake up to a big zit on my 4 head. but it's just the other way around. I think doing the diet now taking the vit's and doing the skin care it works as a sys. I was on the subway the other day I looked in the reflection of the window I had to told it back i was about to cry.
but then different things work for difference people, but boy am i blessed. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
So what's the name of the book that you bought Skinprofusion? Do they only sell it in the states? And what kinda supplement did u buy to have your acne and blackheads go away? And what did u do to make your pores smaller? Sorry for the questions. Waiting for your reply! Thank you! ^^ Smile
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
So what's the name of the book that you bought Skinprofusion? Do they only sell it in the states? And what kinda supplement did u buy to have your acne and blackheads go away? And what did u do to make your pores smaller? Sorry for the questions. Waiting for your reply! Thank you! ^^ Smile
Hello.
I have all the books. the base is all the same LOW SUGAR DIET! if your concerned about pores and acne there is the "the clear skin prescription" that would be the one for you. The supplements that i'm taking are by perricone they are called the "skin clear nutritional support system" 30 days, $65 7 pills each morning(they are packed for you in little bags there are 30 bags) I really started to see a big change when i started to take these. if you want ingredients visitwww.nvperriconemd.com i'm sure if you can't get anything around where you live you can always order online. I do not know if His products are sold world wide. hope this helps. let me know if you have any other questions... Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skinprofusion! So how long does it take you to see the effects after taking the supplements? And is it mainly the supplements you take that you notice an improvement to your skin or a combination of the diet too? Do they have any supplements to take for rosacea acne skin? I'm more into the internal stuff than the external stuff that you put on your skin, if you get what I mean? Very Happy Cuz a healthy body will reflect on your skin, that's what they always said. Laughing
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks Skinprofusion! So how long does it take you to see the effects after taking the supplements? And is it mainly the supplements you take that you notice an improvement to your skin or a combination of the diet too? Do they have any supplements to take for rosacea acne skin? I'm more into the internal stuff than the external stuff that you put on your skin, if you get what I mean? Very Happy Cuz a healthy body will reflect on your skin, that's what they always said. Laughing
I so agree with you, all those doctors saying that acne is not caused by food are so full of it. If i where you i would start by getting the book(the one i recommended for you)it will explain everything to you this "diet"(more like a life style to me) is great for anyone with any skin condition because it works on everything. if you go buy salmon perricone is not making any money of you. after you see great results with that move on to the vit's i saw amazing results with the diet but after taking the pills for 2 weeks my skin really cleared up. and now with the "creams" my skin is glowing! it's amazing.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skinprofusion! I'll give those stuff a try and let you know the details afterwards =) Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Stardust: I absolutely agree that the diet will help. I still think the supplements are overpriced. You can get similar things in less pills
from vitacost or iherb on the WEB.
Read the book though I've been on this type of diet for two years and it's what started my looking at skin products. I had such good results after just 4-5 months both with skin and weight that I never even considered possible before.
china

Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I read his book [b]The Wrinkle Cure [/I think it was the best book I have ever read. Everyone should have copy at their bed side, it a great reference. After reading the book I tried hard to use his products but I couldn't Crying or Very sad . I can't get past the scents... I'm big on scents. Maybe I'll try again because If his product is 1/2 as good as his book then I'll look young forever.
queenbluebee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:11 am      Reply with quote
China--I agree.

His products are expensive but that's expected after you've been on Oprah. I'll stick with staying out the sun, using great sunscreen, washing face, ect...Keeping it simple instead of "wasting" the thousands of dollars.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Saw him on PBS, bought The Wrinkle Cure, ordered Amine Complex Face Lift, but saw no improvement whatsoever. The book recites these miraculous improvements using this product -- like the news anchorman whose career was revitalized because he looked so much younger. Well. Maybe the diet works -- I have no doubt that reducing sugar and caffeine consumption and eating more fish could improve ones health and looks. Bottom line for me -- the product didn't work. It was expensive, is quite yellow and gave my face a slight yellowish cast when I applied it.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
china- Hehe funny you say that, I made my friend try the Neuropeptide Facial Contour In sephora She couldn't stand the smell!! she said it smelled like fish eggs.. hahah I could help it. Yes i agree alot of his stuff is fragrance free but alot Has DMAE (from fish)so you do get that funky smell i don't mind it but i know some people are funny about that, and in the Neuropeptide Facial Contour it has the highest amount.
Stardustdy-can't wait for hear from you........
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |