Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cleanser Review: La mer, Yonka, Dr H and Dermalogica
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Dermalogica products for a long time, it is a very consistent line yet doesn't give obvious result, so I have been testing other products recently. One of them are cleansers. Another reason for looking for another cleanser because I am just too lazy to use more than 1 step to clean my face and remove makeup, hoping to find a cleanser that does both at the same time. My problem is that my Lancome waterproof mascara is so stubborn to be removed.

La mer cleansing lotion: it's wonderful, the most effective one which takes off the most stubborn mascara!!!! And it feels really gentle, face is clean and soft after. Only too expensive even on ebay. Crying or Very sad

Yonka: After all the raving on EDS, I finally bought a sample from ebay to try out. It IS a very gentle cleanser which takes off all makeup BUT my Lancome waterproof mascara. I have combo to dry skin, and my skin doesn't feel dry afterwards (although I suspect it might feel tight in the winter). I might still consider buying it and simply use an eyemake remover (argh, that will be another research). And the price is very reasonable.

Dr H cleansing milk: the least effective and I hate that sticky/greasy feeling after, not to mention it doesn't take up mascara well. It's just not for me. I have actually bought the whole bottle, should have bought a sample first, I learnt my lesson now.

How about Jurlique? Some of you love it and said it takes off even mascara? Does anyone have experience taking off waterproof mascara with it?

KK
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
that line tore my skin up-I have combo-reactive skin and no matter what I tried my skin hated it-I have used Yonka Gel and the cleansing cream they both are good at removing makeup I use Clarins Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and its very gentle and good. Iam also trying La Rosche Posey for sensitive skin cleanser and SC cleanser for sensitive skin.
Mabsy

Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:16 am      Reply with quote
It's hard to find a cleanser that will also remove waterproof mascara. I find that the YonKa Gel Nettoyant is great but I wear normal mascara. I would suggest that you look into the cleansing oils instead (e.g. Decleor or Babor) - oil based products are better at removing the longer lasting makeup.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I don't really like the oil film left on my face by oil based cleanser and always need another foam/gel cleanser to wash again afterwards. Crying or Very sad Laziness gives me more work to look for an ultimate cleanser.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I too also like the La Mer cleansing lotion, but not enough to buy it. Rolling Eyes
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
why dont you buy a eye makeup remover. Remove your mascara first (it will only take a few secs) and then use a cleanser.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I agree! I use Lancome eye makeup remover then Cetaphil for oily skin (because it is stronger to take off makeup and eye makeup without irritating my eyes or drying it out) but about once a year, I do treat myself to La Mer gel cleanser (it works just the same as Cetaphil) and I like it but it's expensive.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:53 am      Reply with quote
OK efficient makeup removal is something we want from a cleanser but I am also concerned about sunscreen removal. I want to be sure I am taking off every last trace of that as well. Any suggestions?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
You would have to exfoiliate on regular basis. Try something gentle like Cetaphil and baking soda. If you buy one, be familiar on how to read what is in there. If there is to much wax, you may not want to buy that type of manual scrub.
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been dying to try the la mer cleanser, but the price has been a bit prohibative. I figure I can buy more 'other' stuff with that money.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I don't invest in expensive cleansers. I use Cetaphil but I love the luxury feel of La Mer cleansing gel and buy it about once a year.
Normally I spend a lot on eye creams and moisterizer in the winter.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skincare! Smile I'm trying out a 2-step process involving cleansing oil before my salicylic acid cleanser. I'm concerned I'm overstripping my skin. I have some Cetaphil on hand, maybe I'll try mixing some Dermalogica Microfoliant with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Let us know what happened. But I normally mix with baking soda. I think it will make your Dermitolica more creamy texture.

Are you familiar with Sonya Dakar?
Check out their web site. I think you would love their Omega 3 and this other product for irritated skin. But if your skin is getting bothersome, see a dermotlogist.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Kk1668 wrote:
Yonka: After all the raving on EDS, I finally bought a sample from ebay to try out. It IS a very gentle cleanser which takes off all makeup BUT my Lancome waterproof mascara. I might still consider buying it and simply use an eyemake remover (argh, that will be another research). And the price is very reasonable.
Why not keep the Yonka cleanser and then use something like pure jojoba oil to remove your waterproof mascara?

Or, if you're still intent in using one stone to kill all the birds, how about trying a cleansing *oil* such as the ones from Decleor or DHC? I found those products to be effective at removing both my facial makeup and my waterproof eye makeup....

ETA - a cleansing oil would be an even better bet for you because you said your skin is dry!! Smile

HTH,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kk1668 wrote:
I have been using Dermalogica products for a long time, it is a very consistent line yet doesn't give obvious result, so I have been testing other products recently. One of them are cleansers. Another reason for looking for another cleanser because I am just too lazy to use more than 1 step to clean my face and remove makeup, hoping to find a cleanser that does both at the same time. My problem is that my Lancome waterproof mascara is so stubborn to be removed.

La mer cleansing lotion: it's wonderful, the most effective one which takes off the most stubborn mascara!!!! And it feels really gentle, face is clean and soft after. Only too expensive even on ebay. Crying or Very sad

Yonka: After all the raving on EDS, I finally bought a sample from ebay to try out. It IS a very gentle cleanser which takes off all makeup BUT my Lancome waterproof mascara. I have combo to dry skin, and my skin doesn't feel dry afterwards (although I suspect it might feel tight in the winter). I might still consider buying it and simply use an eyemake remover (argh, that will be another research). And the price is very reasonable.

Dr H cleansing milk: the least effective and I hate that sticky/greasy feeling after, not to mention it doesn't take up mascara well. It's just not for me. I have actually bought the whole bottle, should have bought a sample first, I learnt my lesson now.

How about Jurlique? Some of you love it and said it takes off even mascara? Does anyone have experience taking off waterproof mascara with it?

KK

I personally like La Mer cleanser but it is too expensive for a cleanser, so I tried Eve Lom although it is quite pricy also but it last longer than La Mer. It removes make up easily even heavy make up.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya Skincare Smile and sorry for the late reply. I will check out the Sonya Dakar as you suggested. When I mixed Microfoliant with my regular cleanser it somehow felt grittier than usual. I'll give the baking soda a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Try something gentle like Cetaphil and baking soda.
crazyskin wrote:
I'll give the baking soda a try.
If you’re going to use baking soda on your face, you need to remember that it will completely strip away your skin’s natural acid mantle with protects it. Therefore, I recommend that you immediately followup with a product that is going to *restore* that acid mantle, such as the homemade ACV toner.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya Carekate Smile I have been hesitant to try the baking soda because of that very reason. Thanks for the tip, nice to know how I can minimize the risk of upsetting my temperamental skin.

This is OT, but -
I'm loving the aspirin mask you recommended in another thread so much I have to restrain myself from using it everyday. Very Happy Muchas gracias amiga!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Why not keep the Yonka cleanser and then use something like pure jojoba oil to remove your waterproof mascara?

Or, if you're still intent in using one stone to kill all the birds, how about trying a cleansing *oil* such as the ones from Decleor or DHC? I found those products to be effective at removing both my facial makeup and my waterproof eye makeup....

ETA - a cleansing oil would be an even better bet for you because you said your skin is dry!! Smile

HTH,
Carrie

I have decided to use the Yonka gel nettoyant because my skin feels so soft and clean afterwards, the gel is so gentle. And then use a makeup removal to take off the stubborn waterproof mascara, but still using up the old one, haven't decided on which one yet. I guess I will probably get the Lacome one so I am sure it will take off it's own stubborn mascara. BUT I am DEFINITELY going to try the jojoba oil and EVO first, if they work, I will save some $$$! Thanks everyone. I tried DHC and feel so so about it. I just don't like oily products, I always need to use another cleanser after using cleansing oil just to get rid of the oily feeling, arrr maybe that's why my skin is dry Think . I do have combo to dry skin, but it's ok in the summer, it's more problematic in winter.

What is Cetaphil?
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil is a brand frequently recommened by derms for gentle cleansing. Here's a webpage on it -

http://cetaphil.com/Products/Cleansers.aspx

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi!Smile

Please don't be afraid to try baking soda! You have control od the amount that you mix with Cetaphil and Cetaphil softens the baking soda. Please try and feel the texture on your hands.

With Sonya Dakar they have a good organic scrub that does not leave any waxy feeling on your skin. I use Omega 3 oil/serum to repair the skin.

P.S. I just got samples of Cellcosmet eye cream and gel; their famous ultra vital; mask; and bust cream. I will continue to report my review for everyone to see.
My goal is to find another eye cream because I don't like to buy Re Vive eye renewal serum from Ebay. But it really works!Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |