Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
How many shampoo's do you have in your shower?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
My hubby thinks I'm crazy to have the tub lined with several different shampoos, he's happy with just one brand...I find if I switch shampoos my hair doesn't get built up from using the same shampoo everyday...my collection is as follows...
-suave healthy shine (just purchased yesterday due to the great reviews from caspers mum)
-aussie moist
-neutrogena anti-residue shampoo
-eufora pure cleanse
-lanza urban elements remedy shampoo
-biolage hydrating shampoo
-aubrey organics primrose and lavender scalp soothing shampoo
I think thats it, I need a bigger shower,I also have a massive collection of shampoos I don't really like under my bathroom cabinet, I think I have a problem Embarassed
What do you ladies and gents have in your shower, one or several?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I only use one shampoo at a time, but I have a collection of conditioners and treatments in the shower; about 6 ATM. I live with 2 guys, and they constantly harass me about the product over load in there, and how it makes it hard to shower 'cause it's so *girly* in there. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I have quite a few also, my hairdresser says that my shower must look like a salon backbar!!

I have:

2 Pureology shampoos
3 Pureology cond.
2 Kerastase shampoos
2 Kerastase cond.
1 Kerastase mask

Things that I buy and don't like/can't use get put at the other end of the shower for my husband to use. Lucky for me, he will use anything I put there for him. Right now he has Aveda Rosemary Mint and SapMoss shampoo.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Both are from Aubrey Organics. I have their Calagula Ferm and Selenium shampoos. Now the amount of shampoo in my CLOSET is another story.....
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
my problem is to chose a shampoo...javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
Rolling eyes i think ill try Victorias secret...read some good reviews here,and on mua....
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:23 am      Reply with quote
way too many,off the top of my head I know I have these....there will be others

aveda black malva & conditioner
aveda brilliance shampoo & Con.
aveda sap moss Sh&con
aveda hair detoxifyer
aveda shampure
TIGI moisturing Sh&Con
heipoi shampoo
REN monoi conditioner
Jason jojoba conditioner
MillCreek henna shampoo

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:04 am      Reply with quote
EErrmm....

I have "Take it as red" as well as the John Frieda "Red" range, but yesterday I bought "Botanics deep red Shampoo" thats quite nice. Aveda Madder Root Shampoo! My partner is frightened to use any of my shampoo incase his hair turns red! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Quote:
I have "Take it as red" as well as the John Frieda "Red" range, but yesterday I bought "Botanics deep red Shampoo" thats quite nice. Aveda Madder Root Shampoo! My partner is frightened to use any of my shampoo incase his hair turns red!

I've always been curious about the color depositing shampoos for red hair. I tried one years ago, and after several uses, my strawberry blond hair turned a dark pinkish color....not too thrilled with that! Sometimes I miss my darker red hair, and would love to darken it up a bit. Do those shampoos work well?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
They work well for me....

Every 8 weeks I have 3 Colours of Damson/Purple put through my hair as well as a few golden and deep red highlights on top...My colour always stays more true if I use the shampoo's for deep red hair not vibrant red..

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:15 am      Reply with quote
The answer to how many shampoos do you have in the shower is: TOO DAMN MANY!! In addition, I also have an equal, if not greater collection of conditioners in my shower, as well. Below the standard litmus test to determine if one has too many hair products in one’s bathtub or shower:

If one is in danger of smashing one’s foot, severing an artery (glass bottles only) or being knocked unconscious if a bottle accidentally gets jostled and falls off the rim of the bathtub or the ledge of the shower door/s, then one has too many bottles in one’s tub/shower.

Here’s my list:

SHAMPOO:
----------------------
• Paves No Sulfates Allowed Shine Repair shampoo
• Pureology Volumizing shampoo
• Phytologie Phyto-Citrus shampoo (great for brightening and refreshing those beginning-to-look-dull-and-faded highlights!)
• Phytologie Phyto-Jojoba shampoo
• L’oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture shampoo
• White Rain $1 shampoo in Coconut (this one is my son’s)

CONDITIONER:
----------------------
• Goldwell Definitions Color & Highlights Conditioner
• Goldwell Color Glow (Copper) color-depositing conditioner
• Aveda Annato color-depositing conditioner
• Pureology Volumizing conditioner
• Pureology Repairing Treatment
• L’oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme
• Sebastian Laminates conditioner
• bottle of honey to mix with conditioner choice du jour

Now the remarkable thing to remember here, folks, is the fact that I’m (still) living at a hotel right now, so this is just a partial list of the products that normally reside on every available shelf, ledge and caddy in my shower at home!!

Can anybody top me?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:33 am      Reply with quote
OK, you people make me feel really moderate Laughing
Shampoos:
Kerastase Resistance (My HG!!!)
Kerastase Bain Reflection 2
Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions Purifying Shampoo (to get rid of all the gunk)

(OK, in the cupboard, I also have Alterna s&c (Hemp Seed, for chemically treated hair, plus Sebastian Xtah s&c)

Conditioners/treatments:
*Kerastase Resistance
*Kerastase Reflection
*KMS Moisture Replace Reconstructor (this stuff smells BAD!)
*Joico Moisturizer
*Fudge Dynamite

And BF has two shampoos:
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi
Eucerin shampoo

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Gucci wrote:
Quote:
I have "Take it as red" as well as the John Frieda "Red" range, but yesterday I bought "Botanics deep red Shampoo" thats quite nice. Aveda Madder Root Shampoo! My partner is frightened to use any of my shampoo incase his hair turns red!

I've always been curious about the color depositing shampoos for red hair. I tried one years ago, and after several uses, my strawberry blond hair turned a dark pinkish color....not too thrilled with that! Sometimes I miss my darker red hair, and would love to darken it up a bit. Do those shampoos work well?
In my experience – and trust me, I’m very experienced!! – the color depositing conditioners work better than the shampoos. I’ve tried nearly all of them, and I’m most impressed with the ones from Aveda (my holy grail is the Annato color conditioner for deep, dark reds and brunette tones); the ones from Biolage, I think they line is called “Earth Tones;” but my newest fave is the Goldwell Color Glow line of which I am currently using “Copper Glow” to refresh my red and gold highlights.

By virtue of actually depositing color, these shampoos and conditioners are more drying to the hair so it is important to regularly use a deep conditioner when you use these color depositing products on a regular basis to prevent your hair from becoming too dried out.

If you’ve simply got your heart set on a color depositing shampoo, the only one that I can really recommend is the L’oreal “Iridescence” line, but it can be difficult to find. My least favorite color depositing products are the ones from the Artec line: completely worth, IMHO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate wrote:
Quote:
In my experience – and trust me, I’m very experienced!! – the color depositing conditioners work better than the shampoos. I’ve tried nearly all of them, and I’m most impressed with the ones from Aveda (my holy grail is the Annato color conditioner for deep, dark reds and brunette tones); the ones from Biolage, I think they line is called “Earth Tones;” but my newest fave is the Goldwell Color Glow line of which I am currently using “Copper Glow” to refresh my red and gold highlights.

By virtue of actually depositing color, these shampoos and conditioners are more drying to the hair so it is important to regularly use a deep conditioner when you use these color depositing products on a regular basis to prevent your hair from becoming too dried out.

If you’ve simply got your heart set on a color depositing shampoo, the only one that I can really recommend is the L’oreal “Iridescence” line, but it can be difficult to find. My least favorite color depositing products are the ones from the Artec line: completely worth, IMHO.

Thanks, Carrie, for the information. I'm not set on using a color depositing shampoo. Conditioner is fine. I may try the Goldwell Copper Glow. Even though my hair is highlighted, I still feel like it looks one dimensional at times. I'm losing more and more of my natural red each year.....turning a sandy blond color, instead of gray. Maybe this color depositing conditioner will bring a little bit of my red back. (?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what I have right now:

Bumble and Bumble:
Thickening shamp and cond - haven't tried yet
Super Rich cond - haven't tried yet
Sunday shamp
Alojoba shamp and cond on the way

Paula's Choice shamp and cond - great no-build-up

Farmica Smoothies for Hair Fig, Ginger and Honey cond - yummy smelling, use it on my ends.

Psoriasin beta hydroxy shamp

Redken Extreme cond - love this stuff!

Aveda Shampure shamp and cond. - won't repurchase Paula's Choice is a much better version of this type of product

I'm growing my hair out and have recently become obssessed with hair products. Very Happy

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've been pretty good these days, and only have a few things in my shower. I used to be a product junkie, but grew out of that phase.

Right now I have Suave Healthy Shine Pro Vit. B-5 shampoo & conditioner for colored hair, AG's purple-tinted shampoo for my highlights, and a sample size of Terax Crema.

(Patting self on back!)
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Casper's Mom, I looked at that Suave stuff today at the grocery store! Would have bought it too if I hadn't so many on the go already. Laughing I went for years and years with short hair and only used Fructis 2 in 1 shampoo, I love trying all this new stuff now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie, I'm on my way over to your hotel to take a shower! Laughing

I have Shampoo: Pureology Volume
Pureology Hydrating
Pureology Clarifying
Sebastian Body Double
Dove shampoo (hubby's)notice how I spend the big bucks on him Very Happy
Garnier Fructus? (did someone leave that at my house? I don't recall buying it.)

Conditioner: Pureology Volume Condition
Pureology Reconstructor
Graham Webb Thickening Conditioner

That's all she wrote!

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have

finess clarifying (use once a week)
Nioxin protectives cleanser (daily)
Nioxin protectives scalp therapy (daily)

I also have a cupboard full of countless shampoos and conditioners. I ought to swap them but postage would be a ton for those!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
• bottle of honey to mix with conditioner choice du jour

What does the honey do for your hair exactly, Carrie? Sounds yummy! But sticky. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Well I think I beat you all hands down in fewest shampoos Laughing

*Faith in Nature Shampoo
*Faith in Nature Conditioner
*Redken spray conditioning treatment

Seriously guys that's it!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm even with Rosebud:

L'Oreal Serie Expert Vitamino Shampoo for fine hair
L'Oreal Serie Expert Vitamino Conditioner for fine hair
Burt's Bees Avocado Hair Butter

Mind you, I am cheating a bit. I hate clutter in my shower so I have some hair products stashed under the sink. They only come out when I finish (or get bored with and consequently give away) what is in the shower. I would probably have them in the shower if I had a nice large shelf to neatly put them on but my current shelf is taken up by about 10 perfumed shower gels and the bottom of the shower is off limits.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:48 am      Reply with quote
The Faith in Nature is the only shampoo that is cheap and doesn't irritate my scalp.
If I try anything else I always return to this anyway Wink
Burt's Bees sounds like it might be worth trying.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I used to be one of those people who continuously bought new bottles of shampoo and conditioner even though I was only halfway through the ones I already had in the bathroom. I have managed to curb that behaviour (for the moment). Smile

J/A/S/O/N Jojoba shampoo
Aveda Curessence shampoo & matching conditioner
MOP Mixed Greens conditioner
Tresemme Vitamin E conditioner
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine shampoo & matching conditioner
Lee Stafford Poker Straight shampoo
Inecto Moisture Miracle shampoo
Superdrug Coconut Oil Intensive conditioner
L'Oreal Elvive Nutrileum conditioner

Thankfully, I have one of those telescopic stands in the corner of the bath that holds lots of stuff.

I've had the Garnier Fructis products for ages. I don't like using them as something about the smell reminds me a bit of cat pee. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I am the odd one out..I only have one -redkin KMS restructuring shampoo. I have really fine hair and hardly use any..I used to have alot more..but I went out of the hair product phase (mind you..I left myself with plenty of texturising products and thickners - Sebastian double body think spray light is a god send for my thin flat hair, as well as defrizzers etc etc...), oh and replaced with the skincare phase (EDS are loving that, I'm sure).

To my horror, my other half INSISTS on washing his hair with.....SOAP!!!!! Shock Maybe its a boy thing, but he swears by it. Such a man..... Rolling Eyes
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:22 am      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:

To my horror, my other half INSISTS on washing his hair with.....SOAP!!!!! Shock Maybe its a boy thing, but he swears by it. Such a man..... Rolling Eyes

My guy used to do that too, until his barber told him it could cause hair loss. I don't if that's true but he's been using my stuff ever since. Laughing

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |