Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

question about Decleor balms???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I am most likely going to purchase Decleor Essential Balm Very Happy How do I use this? I have read that you are only supposed to use it for 2 weeks at a time, is that right Question What if you use it every night Confused Are all the balms the same, only use for short period and then stop or is there ones you can use every night....soooo confused Rolling Eyes
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been told only to use it for 2 weeks out of every month. Ideally, the week before and after your period. The reason for this is that Baume Essentiel has a drawing action and if used continuously it can start to dry the skin out. This has been the case with my skin when I've tried to use it for more than 2 weeks. However, some people don't find it too drying and can use it continuously. I think the other balms can be used every night. It all depends on how your skin reacts to the essential oils in the balm. I find that I can't use the Ylang Ylang continuously as it starts to dry out my skin. Therefore, I use it for 1 week then take a break and then use the Baume Essentiel for a couple of weeks.
To use the Baume Essentiel you scoop up a small amount on the spatula, spread it onto the tips of your fingers and then rub them together to melt the balm. Once it has turned into oil you then lightly sweep it over your face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. That actually sounds like a good idea cause that time is when I tend to breakout especially on my chin Smile
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Same problem here Smile . I get hormonal break-outs on my chin and around the mouth area. I find the Baume Essentiel really great at clearing them up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Great....looks like it is a definite buy now Laughing
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Any balm appropriate for me to use nightly??? Or just stick with the Essential Balm Confused

------------
29, normal-dry, slightly congested upside-down t-zone (chin/nose/between eyebrows), very fine lines on forehead, minimal sun damage
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:58 am      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
Any balm appropriate for me to use nightly??? Or just stick with the Essential Balm Confused

------------
29, normal-dry, slightly congested upside-down t-zone (chin/nose/between eyebrows), very fine lines on forehead, minimal sun damage
Actually, the Decleor balms are *supposed* to be used at night only. During the day, you're supposed to use one of their oils, but this could just be a marketing ploy. For the record, I use their Ylang-Ylang oil in the mornings and the Y-Y balm at night (every other night, otherwise it's too drying for even my greasy skin).

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I think cbrooke might be looking for a balm that she can use every night and doesn't have to alternate (that's how I took it anyway). I'm not sure that you would actually want to do this with the one balm though given that you said you do have some congestion. I would think that the Essential Balm would actually be the best one for you to try, even if it means that you only use it for two weeks in each month. The other two weeks you could try another balm if you wanted to or just another product all together.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I use the Rose D'Orient balm every night and have done for the past couple of months. I am suffering no ill effects as yet and I love it.

xRx

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |