Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MMU - Aromaleigh
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Well after trying JI, BE, Cory, Pure Luxe, Pure Minerals UK, Youngblood and Sheer Cover I have yet to find my HG of Mineral foundation - if the texture suits me the color is not quite right. Sad I have managed to get a reasonable foundation by blending several of the samples I have but would love to be able to get one 'off the shelf'. After reading the reviews on Aromaleigh I had a look at the website - got really excited with all the fabulous colors and choice of texture/finish etc then read up the customer service area....to find they don't accept international credit cards only US bank cards and don't ship internationally either. Crying or Very sad
Is there anyone on Ebay that sells it?

Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Can't help you with the Aromaleigh problem - sorry! Just wanted to sympathise with you. I am still searching for the perfect MMU. I am pretty happy with Pure Luxe but feel the need to keep on searching just in case I find that perfect mineral foundation. I had looked at the Aromaleigh site too, very annoying that they don't ship internationally. Perhaps one of the lovely U.S. members of the forum can help you out Wink. I notice that Carekate is very generous in helping out forum members with their shopping lists. Perhaps you can PM her. Smile
I am going to get some Alpha Skincare samples as this seems to be popular on Mineral Make-up Mania. Just need to figure out what colour is the closest match. hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toe! wave
It's a pain isn't it!!!
Oh well on the bright side its fun looking and getting new samples to try!! Very Happy

If I 'discover' any new brands I'll let you know!!!

ETA - Anyone tried Au Courant Minerals?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls -

Let me know how I can help you!!! I love Aromaleigh, order from them all the time, and I'm in the states.

I will gladly send it to you if I can.

I can be Carrie's helper!!! lol

Maria Laughing

Toe - Edited to add - yes, some of the girls really do like ASC foundation. For me, it was a little too heavy (it didn't budge tho!), but the customer service is super and they are really nice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I always like to help people out..though i am not experienced with how pricing goes with shipping over there...I have found aromaleigh the absolute best so far in mineral makeups, and their foundation selection is amazing to say the least. wearing it right now, and it goes on flawless;)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:55 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
and their foundation selection is amazing to say the least.

It is quite extensive, isn't it? Smile
You usually only get offered a selection of cool, neutral or warm colours.

Thanks for the generous offer to help out, Maria & Purpleturtle. Very Happy
You don't know how hard it can be over here not being able to access all of the MMU companies. Some serious cases of MMU deprivation going on. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Maria & Purpleturtle - You girls are soooooo lovely to offer!!!

How would it be best to do it? paypal?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok - If the girls are still up for being my 'postie' in the US I'm going to need some help with colors as they are hard to see on the website!
I'm definitely 'Ivory' but what tone? I don't seem to fit exactly their descriptions! I have red hair, blue eyes and VERY pale skin prone to freckles.
Youngblood 'Pearl' is too dark and too yellow, BE 'Fair' and Sheer Cover too dark, Cory Cosmetics "Frosted cream" (warm/yellow undertones) is the best colour match I've found so far but I don't like the finish!
I'm not sure what Aromaleigh colour to go for! I would say anything too pink will look odd on me but anything too 'yellow' makes me look jaundiced! My veins are greeny blue. Oh prescriptives say I'm a 'Blue/Red' but I look best in 'warm clothes'. Please help you Aromaleigh fans - I'm looking at '1Y' '1N' but thinking that '1Y/1L' or '1W/1L' would be the safest bet - are the colours close to the on screen colours? If I get the alabaster I can always blend it lighter! Confused
Help Please!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Here's my 2 cents, Lucia!

Okay, I would order samples of the following:

In the one range - 1y/l
1 Neutral
1 Linen
1 w/l

The Y/L tone seems to work for many, many of the fair-skinned red heads. It is not too yellow at all - quite neutral actually.

You are right on the bean to order Alabaster as well. It does help lighten up a color.

Are you going in Glissade or Voile?

If you wanted to sample blushes, may I suggest Romance at Dusk or Rosewood? They're sooo pretty for fair skins! Champagne is lovely as well. Nectar too if you like peach. Don't get me started, I could go on all day!!!

Once you are done "shopping" you can PM me with your list!

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Maria!!!
Will have a browse tonight and then PM you!
Thanks so much - what lovely people there are on the EDS Forum!!

Very Happy

I really wanted to get a full size as I dont' want to put you out too much - may get the 1Y/1L full size plus the alabaster and 1W/1L full size as they're such good prices - I can always mix or pass on the one that isn't so good - The other other colors dont' look quite right where as those two look more like they will suit me.

ETA - I'm probably going for Voile - but not sure!!!
Also want the illuminating powder and a small jar of lilas - lilac makes white skin really dreamy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use the glissade, due to my dry skin. its just slightly more emmollient, and glides on really nice. I mix the 1c/ivory with the alabaster (which would be the lightest possible mixture), and i look lovely. and yes, white skin looks really good in lilac...i personally love plums and pinks hehe

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maria - have PM'd you!! Very Happy

PurpleTurtle - have bought the voile as my skin is combination in 1Y/1L, the alabaster, a illuminating powder and a lilas + a sample of Romace at dusk blush. I know its bit mad but I don't want to put Maria out too much so thought one big order would be fairer as she's been so nice! (Thats my excuse for sp;urging on aromaleigh products and I'm sticking to it!! Laughing )

Ohh SO excited!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Did you remember to request your 3 free samples, Lucia?

According to the Aromaleigh website you can order 3 free eyeshadow samples when you place an order. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
No - Maria has to place the order for me as she has kindly offered to get my goodies for me then send them to me in the UK. I guess she would remember to request any freebies (think she should keep them anyhow as a thankyou!)as she orders from them regularly.

Aren't folk lovely on here?

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Oh Gosh, Lucia!!! I forgot about the three freebies!!!

One thing they do request is that you specify what you want - So go ahead and have yourself a little search on the shadows, pure hues, etc., and let me know the three you want!! I'd never keep them from you, sweetie!!! You would KEEL OVER if you saw the amount of MMU I have floating around here - especially Aromaleigh!!!

Let me know!

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia,

Did you get my emails? I can't find them in my "sent" box? Let me know....I don't know if something's wrong, but I'm ready to order for you whenever you are!

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I love Aromaleigh, I am still using the samples they sent me a couple of months ago, but that's only because I don't use them everyday. They are very generous too, when you make your selection, they will ask you if you want samples of eye shadows and will send you three, I got a sample of lipstick too.

Goodluck.
msjam
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maria - Yes did get your PMs just didn't have access to a PC for a bit!! Have answered now!!!
Oh no - now I'm going to have more choice (samples) - eek - too many nice things to choose from!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maria! wave

Did you get my PM's?

Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Lucia Laughing

I'm so glad you wrote here.

I was waiting to hear back from you on your three free samples (what colors you wanted) then I was ready to order!!!

(I have a couple of things I'm getting too - what else is new?!)

I haven't rec'd any recent pm's from you. Crying or Very sad I wonder if there's something up with my computer.

If you want, you can put your three free sample choices here, and I'll order today or tomorrow!

Oh, BTW, my paypal is not set up to take credit cards (including debit), but I remember I had set up a bank transfer account that takes money right out of my bank and sends it to the ebay-seller. Do you have that? I believe they charge a fee to receive payment by credit card.

Just let me know, and I'm ready to go!

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I tried most you have and I had no luck with Aromaleigh. All the products I tried were pigmented too light for me. Now that I will be making my own eyeshadows I am learning a few things and mine will not have fillers in them so they should be richer in appearance.
I do like the idea that they offer different textures of mineral foundations because some don't like BE/shine which mine has in it. I love it but others prefer matte.

Actually I find it interesting that minerals can be that different. Alot has to do with the ingredients that are added or not added.

Sorry they don't ship overseas. Good Luck you may get lucky on Ebay.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maria!
That's weird.

Do you mean like BidPay? I've used that before to pay for auctions in the US where the seller doesn't accept Paypal - it sends you a money order. Would that work? I would need your full name and address but you could email that with the invoice ( will PM you my email addy).
As for the eye shadow samples - quite like the look of Aloe, Foxglove and Snow.
What do you think?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I actually don't have those colors, but I often see the girls raving about Foxglove. Hey, they're freebies right? lol!

I'm trying to remember the paypal deal. I think I had sent paypal my bank account information so that when I bid on an item, it would just come right out of my bank account and go to the seller. I'll go back and check my paypal account, but I think I can only accept non-credit card payment....

I'll order for you later today, and let you know the total.

I hope you love everything.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Maria,
The way BidPay works is that I pay them using my credit card and they charge me a small fee to do this - they then issue an international money order which they post to you - you can take the money order to your bank to cash etc just as if I had written you a cheque! Wouldn't have to use Paypal at all. It obviously takes a while longer but its all guaranteed and signed for. I've used them several times and its been fine.

How does that sound?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Perfect!

I'm off to order you stuff!

Laughing Maria

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |