Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Going away for a bit....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be leaving for vacation/holiday this weekend, so I won't be back on the forum until the first week of August. I just didn't want anyone to think I was being anti-social or anything! Laughing I'll just be relaxing & away from the computer! Very Happy I'll miss Lily's racy remarks! rofl But it'll be fun to catch up when we get back! Wink
PS - Anybody in Vancouver or Victoria, BC? What is the weather like there? What kind of clothes should I pack? It's been in the 90's here with really high humidity. I think it is supposed to be cooler up there? Right?
Thanks,
Darren Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Have a safe and happy trip Darren!!! Very Happy My family is from Victoria, actually, and said it is really beautiful right now. It will hot, 25 and could get hotter maybe, but not humid. wave

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Have a good time, I'm off to the welsh mountains on sunday so I may not be around for a bit either. Have a god time Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Have a great time - everyone!
pb -I think you'll love it.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Have a great holiday Darren! EDS is in Vancouver Wink but I have no idea what the weather is like there ATM.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Darren - Hope you have an enjoyable and relaxing vacation. Smile

Guapagirl - will you be stripping off again in Wales? Best warn the sheep. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Ohh lucky things!
Darren & Guapagirl - Have a lovely break!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:59 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Have a good time, I'm off to the welsh mountains on sunday so I may not be around for a bit either. Have a god time Very Happy

Liz,
Is Darren going on a religious holiday then Question
Are you going to be handing out the christmas pressies Question Rolling Eyes
Hope you both have a great time. Cool
Liz,
don't forget the wellies Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Have a great holiday Darren..

Guapa - Baa Baa!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Have a great time,good luck,hope you enjoy it,...javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
The welsh mountains sound great! I didn't realize that EDS was in Victoria....maybe I'll stop in for a facial! Very Happy That would be fun! I'm excited - supposed to be beautiful there. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
EDS is in Vancouver Wink , but it is just a little ferry ride away, so you could still fit it in. It is beautiful there. The longer I am away from home, the luckier I know I am to have such a nice, beautiful place to call home.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Have a great trip, Darren and Guapa too!

I'm in the interior of BC but I think our whole province is having a cooler and more rainy than average summer. The last few days have been really nice though and the trees and gardens are lush, just beautiful!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Darren!
I'm in Vancouver!!! It's beautiful here right now....finally! Temperatures are in the mid 20's or around 80 degrees or so. Pack shorts and T's and light clothes. Evenings are cooler ofcourse but you're coming at the perfect time weather wise. Have you been here before?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
No, I've never been there before. I'm really excited though. I know I want to see the gardens in Victoria & have tea at the Empress. But aside from that, I don't rally have anything planned out. There are supposed to be some tidal pools where starfish & aenemones wash in. I'd love to see those! Where are they?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Victoria is of course very beautiful and charming. But we vacationed in Vancouver this past May and all I can say is you're a lucky man -- it's one of the greatest cities I've ever visited!!! There are SO many nice parks, great restaurants and shopping, etc. Plus, even though the region is dramatically surrounded by mountains, the city itself is fairly flat so it's pedestrian-friendly. It's extremely clean and well-groomed, multi-ethnic, gay-friendly and classy for not being a HUGE city. We only stayed in the downtown area, but hope to return before too long. I'd LOVE to live there!

Caspers Mum posted this weblink -- I hope I've got it right:www.katkam.ca/

Have a great time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure where that is. Confused Across the street from the Empreess though, there is a really large tourist information centre. They should be able to put you on the right track. The whole Harbour Front near the Empress is pretty fun in summer. Butchart gardens is great! Be sure to go on a Saturday, but get there super early with a picnic for dinner, and get a good spot for fire works. I think they start at about 7, but people start crowding in around 4 just for t he fire works.

There are also horse and carriage rides around the city which I think are fun. Laughing I am a loser like that though. Wink

If you get bored in Victoria, you can drive up island; try Parksville or something. Really, really amazing beaches! When the tide goes out you can walk for an hour out to the ocean. They have little beach cabins too, which are great for a night or 2 if you want to just be in nature and relax. Serioulsy take your sunscreen though. I got the worst sunburn of my life there when I was 14.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Have a great time Darren and Guapa!!!!

We'll miss you here.

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Victoria is fabulous. It really is one of the prettiest cities. You should take one of the bus tours around the city, they are good. I like to go shopping on Government street and just hang out down by the water. There is a little fish and chip place called "Barbs" off the docks at the government warf in James Bay which is excellent. I always try to grab a bite whenever I'm over. Victoria also has a great museum right across the street from the Empress.

What are you into Darren? Gardens? nightclubs? Beaches? Shopping? Tell us what you like and we'll tell you where you should go. As for gardens, well you can't beat Butchart like Faith suggested, it's spectacular. I think you have to book tea quite far in advance for the Empress though so phone as soon as you arrive.

A drive up the Vancouver Island coast is also a great idea. If you go all the way up to Campbell river, you can catch a quick ferry across to Hornby Island and a spot called Tribune Bay which is so beautiful. I'm sure you'd see some incredible sea life there. How about a whale watching tour? Or go ferry hopping and check out the Gulf Islands. I guess it depends on how much time you have here.

On the mainland a trip up Grouse Mountain is nice...spectacular view, Capiliano suspension bridge, lunch at Granville Island market is fun too. Shopping on the very over priced Robson street, or spend the day down at English Bay.

Vancouver is a great city. One of the benefits of all the rain we get is that it keeps the city so clean.

I hope the people are good to you while you are here and you have a fabulous time!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I didn't realize there was so much to do. We'll only be there 8 days, so I guess we'll have to pick & choose what we do. I love gardens & antiques. Also I want to go to the art museaum, since I'm an art buff.
Shopping is a must! And I would love to do the high tea. I have a great off-white linen suit that I have been dying to wear! Where's a good place to get sushi in Victoria? Also my hubby wants to know if it worth the drive to go out & see Long Beach/Tofino? Where do they have the horse-drawn carriage rides? That would be sooooo nice! I can't think of any more questions right now, but I'm sure I will.
Thanks everybody!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't think high tea at the Empress should be a problem. I don't know how long in advance we usually make reservations, but I would call soon, just to be safe. A linen suit sounds like a fab idea! Very Happy

Long Beach is amazing for sunrise!...probably sunset too, although I've never been there for it. It is worth seeing, although if it is too far, you can just do the Parksville thing...looks really similar, and only about 2-2.5 hours from Victoria.

The horse and carriage rides are near the Empress. Sometimes right accross the street, near the harbour, or just around the corner, on a little side street. You will see them all around though, so you can just follow on till it stops. Laughing

Sushi?? Not so sure, probably on Government though. There is also a really good Cheesecake Cafe on Government that I *have to* go to every time I am home.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

Liz,
Is Darren going on a religious holiday then Question
Are you going to be handing out the christmas pressies Question Rolling Eyes
Hope you both have a great time. Cool
Liz,
don't forget the wellies Exclamation

Shock thank you for reminding me about the xmas pressies! I had totally forgotten them Confused
Just have to find them now Embarassed

Don't think I'll need wellies as the weather should be quite nice Neutral

Toe, I'll try not to scare the sheep, but if it's really warm, I'm afraid I'll have no excuse.

Liz Cool

PS, looks like we won't be going til next week now thanks to GB's family coming to visit Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm not a sushi fan but I'll ask around and find out for you Darren.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Cool! Thanks Dianne! Any tips you could give me would be great!
Very Happy Hey Liz - what are wellies? I have to add that to my new list of UK terms. I don't know what wellies are, but just from the sound of the name, they seem like they would be pants! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Cool! Thanks Dianne! Any tips you could give me would be great!
Very Happy Hey Liz - what are wellies? I have to add that to my new list of UK terms. I don't know what wellies are, but just from the sound of the name, they seem like they would be pants! Laughing

Wellington boots. Big rubber(not sexy) boots made for walking around muddy wet places. I will try to find a picture or linkhttp://www.asos.com/ProdWinz.asp?sku=BFCFT1011&img=image1xl&ns4=0[/img][/url]

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |