Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr H CC/Demalogica Microfoliant?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am currently using Dr. H CC, and I love it. I am thinking of adding Microfoliant to my cleansing regimen for deeper exfoliation. I have 2 questions:

1) Do I need it?
2) If I do add it, how often should I use Microfoliant and Dr. H CC?

My skin is oily.

Thanks
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there
Let me ask you this are you using Dr H CC as a weekly thing (scrub) or an everyday cleanser? if you feel you need the extra clean do dermalogica as well they are both so gentle i think you'd be fine. becareful tho if you're breaking out(common with oily skin). I went thro a whole tube of the CC i just felt like It wasn't doing anything for my face(felt dirty). but i'm glad you're loving it!
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks skinprofusion for your response.

Currently, I use Dr.H CC twice a day. Do you think I should still use it twice a day if I use Microfoliant once a day, or would that be too much exfoliation for my skin?
Mabsy

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you need it, but I used to use it together with the Dr H CC anyway because I just love my Microfoliant too much and love the results Embarassed In order to do this, I would skip using the Dr H CC that day (day&night) and replace it with the Microfoliant (day OR night). In all honesty, I think many people would be able to pull off using both without problems but I do worry about overexfoliating my skin so I'm on the more conservative side.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy for your response.

I was looking forward to reading it, as I know that you like both products. I think I'll start as you suggested (use microfoliant once in a while, and skip Dr.H CC), and take it from there.

Thanks a bunch!
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love Microfoliant and but I also looovve Jurlique Face Wash Cream (which I'm told is very similar to Dr H CC) so I do the same as Mabsy and alternate, that way I get to use both without over exfoliating. My skin can be sensitive and this hasn't irritated me at all (though I don't ever use both on the same day - it is always one or the other and sometimes I just use Microfoliant every third day or something like that).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I have both products as well.....and i love them. I think it would be great for you to use the microfiliant since you have oily skin. I'd suggest using the microfiliant every 3rd day or so.
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks skinprofusion, Mabsy, princesita and BCGirl. I will definitely use your suggestions.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Quacko - thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...I am crazy about both of these products and use both nearly every day Embarassed (but only once daily) I love the results I get -- keeps my skin bright and clear...(cleanse/microfoliant/Dr HCC)....I use the microfoliant every day and the Dr HCCC probably 3 to 4 x/weekly....These are wonderful products!!
Pudoodles
quacko
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pudoodles for the information. And the fact that you like both. I started using Microfoliant like every other day, and I think it is great. And of course, I like Dr. HCC and use it on the other days.

Thanks everybody.
Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
i have pretty dry skin....the Dr. H CC is awesome for that, but when i find with the microfiliant it is too drying for my skin type.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:18 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I use the Microfoliant in the mornings, I mix it with a bit of my Decleor Cleansing Gel to make the “paste,” then I add a dash of french green clay to help absorb my excess oil.

I use the DHCC in the evenings, after removing my makeup with Decleor Cleansing Gel. I’m sure that this can be construed as exfoliating overkill, but I doesn’t seem to bother my particular skin type...although if I were normal or dry, I probably would probably be content to use one or the other and not both!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Halfie and Carekate.

Thanks for the info.

I have used Microfoliant, and did not find it drying at all, but I have oily skin.

Carekate, so far, you are the only one that uses both the same day. I alternate between both of them. I may try them both one day and see how that works, since my skin is oily like yours.

Thanks!
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I finally bought my first Dermalogica and its the Microfoliant... !!

I really love this and how it makes my skin squeaky clean and bright...

Carekate : Mm...Interesting tip on mixing it with other pdts to make paste, it does tend to be runny and disappear quickly if washing my face under the shower. Thanks Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |