Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need help here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I have oily skin and I am using the decleor ylang ylang oil. After that, to absorb the oil, i use the jurlique rose silk dust. Is this a bit of a contradiction?

Does this render the ylang ylang oil to waste as I am absorbing it away with a powder?

Also, i read on the Jane Iredale website, that powders which give a matte finish are aging. Now this jurlique rose silk dust does exactly just that! (and very well in fact) So will this powder have negative effects?

Also, is this powder considered a make up? Is it advisable to sleep with it on? Will it hinder the skins breathing? Can you wear it while you exercise? I'm really confused!

So it all boils down to the question of whether the jurlique rose silk dust is good in the long run (healthy skin), or just like some make up product which gives a matte finish, but is ultimately harmful.

Thanks a bunch!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

tynkerbell wrote:
Ok, so I have oily skin and I am using the decleor ylang ylang oil. After that, to absorb the oil, i use the jurlique rose silk dust. Is this a bit of a contradiction?

I think for this, if you allow skin to absorb oil for a few mins, then that would be more beneficial for the skin, as it can actually utilise the oil. Your skin, if given time, will absorb all the oil it needs. And the rest which is absorbed will be excess anyway.

tynkerbell wrote:
Also, i read on the Jane Iredale website, that powders which give a matte finish are aging. Now this jurlique rose silk dust does exactly just that! (and very well in fact) So will this powder have negative effects?

I think that any product that has harsh ingredients will be aging the skin. And I have never heard that matte makeup causes aging, perhaps it can enhance the look of lines/pores if your skin is quite 'rough', with lots of dead skin cells, or if you don't apply it properly. The silk dust is very pure, with a few botanical ingredients too (ingredients taken from Saffron Rouge) -

Zea mays (Corn) Starch; Oryza sativa (Rice) Starch; Silica; Herbal Extract Mixture from: Calendula officinalis, Arnica montana, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Salvia officinalis (Sage), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary), Iris florentina (Orris); Rosa centifolia (Rose) Flower Oil; Lauroyl Lysine; Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil.

tynkerbell wrote:
Also, is this powder considered a make up? Is it advisable to sleep with it on? Will it hinder the skins breathing? Can you wear it while you exercise? I'm really confused!

I guess, for the girls, it is a makeup, but more of a touch-up. I would use it alone if just for mattifying effects. From reading others review of the silk dust, it seems to be very fine and translucent, so I guess the corn starch particles are very small.

And sleeping with it on? Is that just to keep oil under control? I wouldn't try to do that! It may clog pores, if your face is all pressed on the pillow, and if you use a moisturiser too. Best to just use an oil or moisturiser at night.

As for exercise, I find it uncomfortable to wear even powders for exercise. It may feel a bit 'yuck' afterwards. Especially for oily skins. But you can always try it yourself.

Well, just my opinion from experience as an oil-head!
Mabsy

Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:19 am      Reply with quote
First off, I do not think that using the Silk Dust counteracts the Ylang Ylang oil. Apply the Ylang Ylang oil, leave it to sink in for a few minutes and then apply the Silk Dust to give you a matte finish.

I found the "matte powders are aging" thing on the Jane Iredale website and what she is talking about is that they make you LOOK older, they don't actually speed up the aging process at all. Her argument is that matte powders accentuate wrinkles and people should use something "softer" or more "glowy" to distract away from the wrinkles. So, don't worry, the Jurlique will not damage your skin in any way. I also do not see any problems with wearing it while exercising although I don't particularly like to sleep with powder on my face. Is it considered makeup? I would call it a setting powder and people can argue either way if it actually falls into makeup category.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:24 am      Reply with quote
haha. thanks you very much! =D that really cleared some doubts!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi there - matte make-up (whether powder or liquid) doesn't allow for any light bounce back - so you can't get a line-blurring effect when using them.
Pudoodles
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |