Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ordering today, need some advice over here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm a teenager and my problem right now is:

oily skin
post acne marks (those annoying red spots)
pimples (nothing cystically terrifying, just slightly bumpy around cheeks, chin and forehead)

Well, in my quest for skin perfection, I have decided to order these few products Very Happy! But I'm kind of in a dilemma now so I do need some advice.

Whats in my cart now are:

Jane Iredale Warm Sienna PressedBase
    Jane Iredale Dissapear
    Jane Iredale D2O
    Skinceuticals Simply Clean
    Skinceuticals Vit C Serum 10

Btw, If any of you have had experiences with the above products (bad or good) could you please share them here Smile
Ok. So now on to my dilemma... (what would I do without you guys!)

1. The skinceuticals simply clean contains 1% AHA. I'm presuming it acts as a gentle exfoliant? anyway, i'm afraid it would be stripping to the skin, causing more 'oilies'?
Also, can this be used in conjunction with dermalogica daily microfoliant? Or will I be exfoliating too much?
*Currently I am using dermalogica ultracalming cleanser. I find that for my skin, LESS is MORE. For a period, I have been using only this cleanser and the daily microfoliant and my skin really cleared up. (recently, i started on the decleor ylang ylang oil and I got bumpy again). However, the post acne marks do not seem to be fading, so I thought i should use the simply clean cleanser, which contains AHA, as it can exfoliate and also remove my make up more effectively. But i don't know whether i should stick to the gentle approach (current regime) which is good but does not get rid of scars well enough, or use the skinceutical regime (which seems much more intense). Any ideas before I press the check out button?

2. Should I add vitamin C into my regime? Mabsy has helpfully let me know that it speeds up the "getting rid of scars" process. However, as my skin is those "less is more" kind, will this do more harm, or more good?
Besides, what other benefits does the vit c serum have?

3. Do spray ons (like the D20) work well? How do spray ons compare with creams and gels etc? Is it a misconception for me to think that spray ons are not very effective? For eg: Spray on hydrators and sunscreens - do they really work?
Also, when people say the d2o helps to set make up, what does that mean exactly? :s Does it mean that the make looks less powdery? Stays longer? More dewy? I have no idea Very Happy

4. Do you think there is anything else I should get, or is there anything you would suggest me to remove from my cart? I'm trying to put as little stuff as possible on my face. So all i'll be doing is - Mineral make up, sunscreen, Cleanse, Vit C. no moisturizers, no toners. (i will do some hydrating masks though) is that ok? Or am i making a huge mistake here? For me, my skin seems to breakout whenever i apply too much and besides, where I live is really humid so moisturizing seems redundant. But talk show people constantly say that youshould cleanse, tone and moisturize as the basics! now i'm confused.

Alright, i'm so suuuuperbly sorry to take up ur time! i'm such a newbie when it comes to skin care!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! XD

tynkerbell
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if I should add the B5 hyrdating gel? My skin is oily, but i think it is a little dehydrated as well. because when is wrinkle my nose i can see those really fine lines on my cheeks.

has anyone experienced break outs using these products?
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
ok. ifi use the ultimate uv defense spf 30 (skinceuticals) which is extra greasy, do i still need the b5 gel?

is the b5 gel really good?
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
ok. since theres no response, and i really need to order because my mom is fuming that i've been spending too much time humming and haaing, im going to bravely proceed to checkout! btw, i got the gel too! i'll let everyone know how it goes! wish me all the best Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, it's a bit late to reply now I guess. I think the B5 gel will be a good addition. Even though you do have oily skin, the C serum is a bit drying and the B5 gel is really weightless anyway so it's not going to feel heavy on the skin.

I tried and like each of the products you had on your list in the first post - except for the cleanser. As I said in another post, I haven't tried that one.

I think 1% AHA is really low so I don't think you have to worry about anything there. You will find out if this and the Microfoliant is too much once you start using these. Each skin is different and some might find it ok, some won't. Just pay attention to the changes in your skin and you'll know if it's just right or too much.

I use the JI D2O for setting my JI pressed base (which I love btw). It makes the makeup look more natural, less powdery, and I think it does make it last longer. I have normal skin so I would not be using the D2O as a moisturiser equivalent. If you have oily skin then I don't see why not - again this is something you'll figure out once you start using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tynkerbell!
You must have posted at an usually quiet time - usually at least a few people are on the board!
Re: The SkinC AHA cleanser with the Microfoliant: I'd try the SkinC cleanser and use it solely - without the Microfoliant just to make sure that your skin is OK with it (for a week or so?) - then slowly incorporate the microfoliant into your routine...(use MF every second or third day to start out?)RE: Vitamin C benefits: it acts as an antioxidant and increases collagen synthesis....I wouldn't be without it (even though all of the talk about oxidation is making me squirrely!)...good vitamin C serums have a really low ph - so they can "sting" a bit upon application....if you incorporate one into your regime just know this in advance so you don't panic when you feel it tingling...use it first before anything else following cleansing...
Re: B5 Gel: optional (but great!) product that can be used with VC to counteract the slightly drying effect...or without VC to counteract dryness...it's a light serum-y product....excellent for dehydration - and shouldn't increase oiliness....it acts as a water magnet for the skin...I wouldn't bother with it right now though if your skin doesn't respond well to lots of new product at one time - see how your skin responds to the VC without the B5... I suspect that you will love the SkinC V10 serum....but don't freak out if it stings a bit when you put it on!
Enjoy your EDS order!
Pudoodles
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks mabsy, your post came right after i hit order though Smile lol. nonetheless still v helpful.

well, about figuring out after trying, i don't know if i can afford that all the time! lol. but i think i've done my research. what i did should be alright don't you think ? Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I think you did well. You'll also find that those products will last you quite some time so it's not like you have to spend this much money every two months or anything like that.

Btw, just make sure you try to integrate all these items into your routine step by step if possible. Sometimes when you change everything about your skincare routine and you end up breaking out, you have no idea if it's just from the change or if you're reacting to a product. It's much easier to figure out things like that when you add one product at a time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:58 am      Reply with quote
wow. 2 replies at a go. before i pressed hceckout i was eagerly waiting for replies, but now i'm getting a bit scared! lol, i'm afraid someone will say something horrible about what I just got and i will fall completely into despair thinking i've just wasted 287 dollars!

anyway, i'm crossing my fingers! =D

and as my skin does not react well with two many products at one go, will someone kindly tell me how i can slowly incorporate the items i ordered into the regime?
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:59 am      Reply with quote
good idea mabsy. which should i start first?
Mabsy

Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it matters too much as long as you take it step by step. I'd chose the product that I'm least likely to react to and go from there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I think your new regime will be quite simular to mine. I also have oily and a bit bumpy skin, and I have been using the SC cleanser for a couple of months now. I think it is a good basic cleanser, it makes my skin feel clean and it takes off make-up easily. It does not have enough AHAs to make it effective as a "bump remover" though. It is slightly exfoliating, but I am still able to use the microfoliant. Lately I have only been using it every other day in the morning and ultracalming or dermal clay in the evening. I also use the SC Vit C, and I have not experienced any drying. I think that the B5 gel will be good if you have dehydrated skin.

I also use the JI pressed base. I have tried spritzing with D20, but I found that it made my skin shiny and it went oily a lot faster. It also broke me out a bit.

Here's what I would do:
I would start with the cleanser. Use it every other day (in case every day will be a bit much for your skin). The second week I would try the microfoliant (on the days when you don't use the SC cleanser). Then I would add the Vit C and the JI (those are the ones that are most likely to break you out, pretty sure that won't happen though).

Anyway, I think you did a really good job choosing products, they are all really good.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |