Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for drugstore eyelash growth serum!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:14 am      Reply with quote
The full name of this product is "ARDELL LASH & BROW GROWTH ACCELERATOR," but that wouldn't fit in the product line and probably wouldn’t have grabbed your attention and made you want to read this thread, so I used certain keywords that I was pretty sure would grab your attention...now let's get down to business:

I tint my own lashes with an amazingly simple DIY lash tint kit in blue/black and I use three different lash conditioner/growth products (Starlash, DreamLash and the Ardell) - although I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of my “Lucia” lash growth miracle stuff that our lovely Faith has sent me from Japan. In the past, I’ve also used Talika Lipocils and Mavala Eyelite Doublelash eyelash growth serums, so this isn’t my first foray into those types of products.

My eyelashes are getting so dense and lush – not to mention longer – that they are actually getting tangled up when I try to apply any type of mascara or lash treatment so that I actually have to use the metal Sonia K. lash comb both before and *after* I apply them!

Golly, what a terrible problem to have.... nanny, nanny, boo-boo: my eyelashes are longer than your’s are!! The trouble is, I don’t know which one of the three is responsible for it, or if it’s a combination of all of them. But I don’t want to stop using any one of them to try and find out.

Anyway, the combination of my longer, lusher lashes, and the glossy colored results I get from the DIY lash tint kit means that I no longer feel the need to wear a traditional mascara during the day. I’ve been searching for a clear mascara that will impart a look of glossiness for a completely natural look.

Believe it or not, the best product that I have found for this is Ardell's Lash Growth Accelerator which isn't even a mascara, but a lash conditioner that is supposed to encourage growth. I've found that this stuff actually gives my bare lashes some definition (for the "natural, daytime look") and it also holds a curl all day with one of those traditional clamp-type lash curlers, so that's what I've been using the last week or two and so far I'm very pleased!

This product is clear, but it somehow defines the lashes and – I know this is my imagination because it doesn’t contain any ingredients that would do this – I swear it also makes my lashes look a bit longer. It’s the damnedest thing, really, because this stuff actually gives me the natural and healthy, but still defined, look that I’ve always wanted from a traditional mascara. Maybe what I’m actually seeing is simply the increased length of my lashes caused by the growth serum/s. In other words, the Ardell is simply emphasizing exactly how long my lashes really are becoming...?

It’s also a lash conditioner, so it’s going to give them moisture. And so long as you don’t apply anything on top of the Ardell, this stuff holds the curl all day long, regardless of whether you use a crimp-type lash curler or a heated lash curler. In my opinion, this stuff out-performs any “prestige” brand of mascara or lash conditioner that is on the market regardless of whether you’re talking $5 or $150.

I’ve also used Lamas Lash Masque in the past for a “natural” look in the daytime, and although I liked it well enough, the Ardell blows it out of the water! The fact that this stuff costs less than five bucks makes it all the more remarkable. Ulta stores and most CVS Pharmacy locations have this stuff in stock and you’ll find it in the aisle/area where they sell the false eyelashes and false eyelash adhesives and the like.

Personally, I’ve cleaned out two Ulta stores and one CVS of the Ardell that they had in stock, but I imagine you can find it at the other locations that I haven’t visited yet!! Wink

*** ETA: I want to clarify one thing: the Ardell holds the curl in my lashes all day, but only if I do not apply any other product or mascara on top of the Ardell. If I use the Ardell as a lash "primer," then apply some brand of mascara over it, then the curl in my lashes (from a traditional crimp-type curler) goes limp within minutes. Fortunately, IMHO, I don't need to apply any kind of mascara on top of the Ardell because my lashes look just great without it! *** Bottom line: this stuff is fantabulous because it can do double-duty as a lash conditioner/growth serum and as a clear mascara. If you’re looking for a cheap, effective way to grow your lashes, then this is your product – the only thing cheaper would be if you smeared (cold-pressed) castor oil on your lashes before bedtime, but the Ardell is much less messy!!

The lemming-master says you must rush out and buy this now!! Remember, in the U.S., I know you can get this at Ulta stores (and probably fromwww.ulta.com) and at local CVS pharmacy locations, although I couldn’t tell you if this is available outside the States....

Your ever faithful guinea pig in beauty,
Carrie

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |