Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Actorella
5% products discount

Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I just got it in the mail...I will be experimenting this weekend, wish me luck!
--Leslie
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Rita wrote:
How often do you ladies re-tint your lashes with the 1000 Hours Tint?
If I recall, the instructions say it lasts up to 6 weeks, but I re-do mine every 3 weeks or so because my lashes are growing so much from the Lucia/Ardell cocktail that I’m actually getting obvious roots! Shock Not that I’m complaining, mind you!

Also, I have this one rogue eyelash on the right side that is completely blond from root to tip, as opposed to my natural dark brown with only blond tips. Whenever I notice “blondie” beginning to show up obviously lighter than everybody else, that’s when I whip out the 1000 Hours and redo the color.

Some people might think that doing it every 3 weeks rather than waiting the 6 would maybe be damaging to my lashes, but I look at it this way: A) it couldn’t be anymore damaging to my lashes then back in the days when I was wearing waterproof mascara every day (because all the other types would leave me with raccoon eyes before lunch time), B) the color “developer” in the 1000 Hours kit is only 3% peroxide, as opposed to the 20% solution that comes in the average drugstore DIY hair color kit, so it’s pretty gentle as these things go, and C) I’m using the Lucia/Ardell cocktail everyday which is conditions my lashes so I’d like to think that it helps cancel out any damage that I might be causing....

I would like to note, however, that if I was getting my lashes permed AND using the 1000 Hours (or having my lashes tinted in a salon), I definitely wouldn’t do it any more often than every six weeks because it’s my understanding that the perm solution is a bit more harsh and damaging. In fact, the reason that most women report that when they have their lashes tinted at the same time as they’re getting them permed, they tend to say that the color tends to be much more intense and I think this is due to the fact that the perming solution is completely opening up the cuticle of the lash hairs so that the dye can penetrate all the way to the core.

Anyway, that’s my take on things.

Rita wrote:
I'm still waiting on my 1000 Hours Tint Kit.
Rita – how long has it been since you placed your order? For me, my package always arrives from NZ in 7-10 business days – it’s never taken any longer than that.

Hey, I just had a flash of brilliance: those of us that briefly panicked over the rumor that the company had gone out of business and bought up a half-dozen 1000 Hours kits each, I bet we could make a little profit on our investment by hawking a couple of the kits on Ebay! I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ve had my original 1000 Hours kit since early last Spring and I’m still not even halfway thru the tube of colorant so it would probably take me a half-dozen years to go through the six kits that I bought – for all I know, the stuff could “expire” before then (*does* hair dye go bad?) so mayhap I ought to try to get a little return on my investment....

BTW – *CareKate meanders off-topic* – does anybody know anything about how to obtain a government loan to start up your own business? Have you ever seen that wacky guy in those TV ads and infomercials, or on the shopping channel, hawking his book that claims to tell you all the secrets about getting “free money from the government”? I wonder if it’s really as easy as he claims... Why am I curious? Because I’m starting to get flooded with requests from brand new EDS members who tell me that they’ve only joined the forum so they could contact me to buy my ACV toner! Is that not wild or what?! Shock I’ve literally been going through bottles of Braggs ACV almost faster than I can get to the store to buy more just to keep up with the sudden demand! I know that I’ve jokingly mentioned around here a couple of times that as soon as I hit the jackpot that I’ll take my lotto winnings and call in rich to my job one day, so I can stay home and play with my potions and brews all day, but now I’m beginning to think that maybe I really ought to start thinking seriously about trying to make some real money with this little hobby of mine, but unfortunately I lack the funds necessary to start up a home business.... Think

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Carekate,

Sorry, I don't have any knowledge about how to apply for a government loan, but I wanted to send my encouragement to you on this possible new venture.

Like everyone else on this board, I'm always impressed by your recipes and think that you could definitely do well selling your products. Plus, I'm all for getting paid to do what you love!

Just my two cents... Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thanks for the info. Carekate. I wonder if my lashes will last 6 weeks with the tint kit application. Oh, I just placed the order this past weekend, so I'll probably receive it this weekend or early next week.

How long does one bottle of Lucia last you? I realized that I was wasting a bit with my old application routine...(using the bottle itself to apply). So, yesterday while purchasing additional Ardell at my local CVS, I also purchased ---Essence of Beauty Synthetic Fiber Eyeliner Brush--- to apply the Lucia. I highly recommend this brush. It's tip is angle cut and thin. I was surprised at how little of the Lucia I actually needed for my lashes/brow after using this eyeliner brush. At first I was concerned that the brush might soak up much of the Lucia, but it didn't. My lashes got plenty liquid.

My Lucia is almost gone, and this brush is a fabulous applicator which cost between $2 to $3. This Essence of Beauty brush is near the Ardell section in the CVS Store.

Here's my new application routine and suggestion for you all that will make the Lucia last twice as long...

1. Remove lid from Lucia, place finger to
cover tip, shake once.
2. Gently squeeze the Lucia bottle till some
of the liquid shows up on the edge of
bottle.
3. Gently stroke the eyeliner brush over it,
and apply to lashes and brows adding a
little more as needed.

No wasted Lucia. At first, I tried placing a few drops in the palm of my hand, then dip the brush, but you know what? I ended up wasting the Lucia, cause my skin soaked some of that Lucia up, and the liquid ended up running through the creases in the palm of my hand. I think my hands got more Lucia than my lashes did. The Lucia had only lasted me a month with my old application routine. Now that my new bottle is coming in the mail any day now, I'll definately be using the brush.

Rita Smile
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rita,

Not sure if your kit has arrived yet, but just to give you some info about how long mine took to get here, I placed my order on 9/19 & received the package yesterday (9/29). A note was included that said there was a delay in shipment because the package was identified as possibly containing dangerous goods.

I bet they were pretty disappointed to see that it was just an eyelash tinting kit. I'm SO excited, though!!! Can't wait to try it. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
This morning I decided to take a close look at my lashes. My lashes are so much fuller than they have ever been. I love the Lucia/Ardell. It's working out perfect using the Lucia at bedtime and Ardell in the morning. I can only imagine what my brows/lashes will look like after I use the tint kit. Oh, and my eyebrows are looking fuller and fuller... even the bald spots have filled in nicely. Hurray! I don't have to use brow liner anymore. Very Happy That's so wonderful for me... I got so tired of applying brow liner daily. And I have wished for fuller brows for years. I know they'll look even better after I tint them. I'll keep you all posted on how the 1000 Hours Lash turns out after I recieve it in the mail... any day now.

Rita
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I don't have any helpful advice either on loans or anything, but just wanted to say go for it, Carekate!

I've heard of a couple of British lasses who set up website to sell homemade products, after lots of people wanted to buy their items through beauty forums.

I think it's a great idea. Best of luck if you decide to go ahead! Very Happy
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Quote:
Hi Debra - I use the Dark Brown and my lashes are (were) very light like yours. They dyed to a very, very dark almost black color. It's been several weeks now since I first dyed them and still do a double take when I pass a mirror because my bottom lashes are so visible - it almost freaky looking. It's been probably 20 years since I last wore mascara on the bottoms so I'm not used to the look but I do love it, although I do wish it was somewhat lighter.

Thanks for the feedback, Penelope. Sounds like you love the results! Do you like the dark brown? Did you do your brows also? As I shared, I have "clear" eyelashes and brows. I do have them, but they're see through! I've used blonde brow powder/pencil for decades. Even when I go without makeup on the weekends, I do my brows! Without makeup, I look young.....not a good kind of young, but a little kid kind of young.

If I do my lashes, I do think I'll have to do my brows too, or I'll look freaky! HAHAHAHA! Just thinking about me makeup-less, dark lashes and no eyebrows makes me laugh!
rexmanning

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, newbie here *but longtime lurker* as well as on MUA and all I gotta say is that my credit card finally ran into the corner last night and curled up in the fetal position. And now I've gotta have some of this tint. I have been using Ardell for three weeks and the difference has been amazing. My lashes are actually brushing up against my sunglasses! Of course I'm eyeing the Lucia too.

Oh and confession time. Carekate I live in Austin too and I uh, bought quite a few of those Ardell tubes from around town to distribute to my friends. And now they're addicted and buying 'em too. The power of the internet!

So thanks to you all. I've learned so much!
Mabsy

Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
rexmanning wrote:
Oh and confession time. Carekate I live in Austin too and I uh, bought quite a few of those Ardell tubes from around town to distribute to my friends.

rofl rofl rofl I still remember Carrie's post suspecting that others are reading the thread and buying it out Laughing Have you tried the DreamLash?

Best wishes for a quick recovery to your credit card Smile The lash tinting kit is worth it and it doesn't look like you'll be able to get it for that much longer....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Debra,

Yes, I do like the brown - anything darker would be too much of contrast and as it is I think the dark brown looks black on me. About the eyebrows - glad you mentioned it as they are "cooking" right now. My hairdresser has been touching up the eyebrows and just didn't think of trying it myself. Will let you know in about 10 minutes Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Just washed everything off and my eyebrows look exactly the same as if I had them done in a salon. Thanks for the reminder, Debra. I had totally forgotten to try this on my brows.

Unfortunately, I may have to give up on tinting my lashes because it burns way too much when I remove it. This time I showered it off with my eyes squeezed very tightly and it still got in. Took almost 4 minutes of steady flushing to get it all out. OUCH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK Mabsy !!!! Why did you say that she won't be able to get the tinting kit for that much longer???? Are they going to make it contraband or something????

Sad
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering the same thing, Katee. You must elaborate, Mabsy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh, Mabsy.... please tell us!!! This kit isn't going to be discontinued is it?

I had forgotten to check my mail yesterday during the day being Saturday. So, late in the evening I decided to check, and there it was... my 1000 Hours Lash. So, this morning I applied the tint to my lashes and brows and... OH MY GOSH, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! I have a tan complexion... the Brazilian in me... and my lashes are naturally dark brown to black... and my eyebrows are dark brown. My eyebrows were naturally sparse, and it was such a pain over the years having to pencil in the brows to darken and fill them in. And now... WOW! My eyebrows are absolutely perfect! The contrast against my skin is beautiful. My brows have never been impressive till now. After using the Lucia/Ardell combo., the brows have filled in, and with the dye darkening the new growth along with the rest, my eyebrows are beautiful! My eyes and lashes literally "Pop" when I look in a mirror. My lashes look so lush, I think I'll be glancing in the mirror quite often today till I get used to my new and improved look. I love the fact that my lashes and brows looks better than my best day using brow liner and mascara. My lashes look as if I have the perfect black mascara on... except I don't need any. I'm so pleased with the results. All I can say is thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! I don't have to envy other people's perfectly filled in brows anymore. And my lashes are still growing fuller and longer as I continue using the Lucia/Ardell. I did trim them alittle about 3 weeks ago to even them out. It has grown back, plus it's longer.

I hope this 1000 Hours Lash continues to be available to us all, at least till I someday die and go to heaven someday and receive a much better looking body. After 3 kids Very Happy , stretch marks Confused , saggy boobs Sad , I look forward to that day. I'm 37, so the Lord willing, I have a ways to go Wink . I've never dyed my lashes before, but after seeing the beautiful results, I know I'll continue tinting my lashes for many years to come. Thanks everyone for your wonderful recommendations! Very Happy Very Happy

Rita
Mabsy

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I was wondering the same thing, Katee. You must elaborate, Mabsy.

It's the 1000 Hours kit we're talking about, right? If so, this is an Australian product and it now seems to have been banned in Australia - the only place you can get it is select pharmacies in NZ, that seems to be it. I've looked everywhere and can no longer find this here - I've been told that shops are no longer allowed to sell this because it encourages people with no experience to put chemicals too close to their eyes (basically). Have a look at page three of this thread Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
rexmanning wrote:
Oh and confession time. Carekate I live in Austin too and I uh, bought quite a few of those Ardell tubes from around town to distribute to my friends.

rofl rofl rofl I still remember Carrie's post suspecting that others are reading the thread and buying it out Laughing
A-ha – I *knew* I wasn’t simply being paranoid!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it's safe to assume that if it is banned in Australia where it is manufactured, New Zealand will eventually run out and no longer carry the 1000 Hours Lash. Just when I really loved the outcome of my lashes too.

Rita
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Rita wrote:
I guess it's safe to assume that if it is banned in Australia where it is manufactured, New Zealand will eventually run out and no longer carry the 1000 Hours Lash.
Not necessarily. It’s illegal to sell it to non-licensed people in Oz, but it’s not illegal for them to manufacture it. So long as there’s other countries around the world where it remains legal for them to sell their product to non-professionals, then we should still be able to obtain it. If worse comes to worst, if we can find an EDS member in Oz who has a cosmotologist’s license (or whatever they call it down there), perhaps we could convince that person to buy our little contraband goodies and ship it to us....

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Carekate, that's wonderful news! I thought that 1000 Hours Lash wouldn't be manufactured or sold anymore. WHEW! We're okay ordering it from New Zealand. And as you said, maybe down the road, someone who has a license may help us if it gets banned in New Zealand. Oh what a relief! I had actually gone to Sally's Beauty Supply today to check out their Bigen Permanent Hair Dye and Water Works Permanent Hair Dye thinking to myself, "Well, I don't want to stop tinting, so I might...very carefully apply this once 1000 Hours Lash is discontinued." Big NO,NO I know, eventhough they don't contain ammonia or peroxide. Hmmm. Just out of curiousity, I'm gonna compare ingredients to the 1000 Hours Lash just to see the difference. I'll also check to see if the Bigen or Water Works have any of the harmful ingredients that was listed on the first page of this thread. Just for research sake cause those two dyes aren't damaging to hair as regular hair dye can be. Bigen is an Oriental powder formulation that only requires some water, I think the Water Works is powder also. I'm gonna check it out for curiousity's sake. I'll give an update once I find out ingredients.

Rita
Mabsy

Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
So long as there’s other countries around the world where it remains legal for them to sell their product to non-professionals, then we should still be able to obtain it.

I hope you're right. My main worry is that since they haven't tried targetting other markets (apart from Aus and NZ) they may not do so (particularly if they need to pay for extra export approvals etc). I don't see this item being big with cosmetologists either since they tend to buy standard sized products rather than kits, so that demand by itself would not keep the product alive. I hope that's not the case but I'd be stocking up....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out the ingredients I was curious about on the Bigen and Water Works Hair colorants that are powdered and wrote each ingredient down while in Sally's Beauty Supply to compare them to the 1000 Hours Lash. Neither one of these products contain the harmful Isopropanol, Thiosulfate, or Surfactants. Unless there's another name or term for them that I'm not aware of. Perhaps one of you may recognize any other potential hazards in the following ingredients for eyelash use in the Bigen or Water Works brands? I don't know a whole lot about chemicals, but I noticed neither contained ammonia or peroxide either.

Wink 1000 Hours Lash has these ingredients:

Liquid- 3% stabilised hydrogen peroxide
Cream- distilled water, cetearyl alcohol, peg-40, sorbitan lanolate, sodium cetearyl sulfate, diaminobenzene.
Dyestuffs: c176545, c177499, c177007, fragrance.

Wink Bigen has these ingredients:

Sodium perboate,cellulose gum, p-phenylenediamine sulfate, sodium sulfate, tartaric acid, disodium lauryl sulfosaccinate, m-aminophenol, magnesium stearate, fragrance.

Wink Water Works has these ingredients:

p-phenylenediamine sulfate, sodium perborate, sodium silicate, xanthan gum, 2, 6-diaminopyridine sulfate, m-aminophenol sulfate, 1, 5-naphthalenediol, silica, sodium sulfate, sodium laurel sulfate.

What do you all think of these ingredients?

Rita
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
carekate wrote:
So long as there’s other countries around the world where it remains legal for them to sell their product to non-professionals, then we should still be able to obtain it....

I don't see this item being big with cosmetologists either since they tend to buy standard sized products rather than kits, so that demand by itself would not keep the product alive.
Well, considering that a bunch of us freaked out last month and bought a half-dozen kits each, it probably would’ve been cheaper for us to have bought the standard-sizes!! So long as I can still get the colorant/dye and the 3% peroxide developer, I don’t care if it comes packaged in a neat little kit or if I have to buy it in a separate, hurky tube and bottle!! But again, I think we’ll be okay so long as it’s still legal to sell it in NZ. Maybe one of us should contact the company directly – didn’t I post the URL for their website in the very first post in this thread? – and ask them about their future plans rather than speculate and worry ourselves silly. And if they tell us that it soon won’t be available at all, then we can flood that poor Kiwi pharmacy with another deluge of orders!!

5% products discount

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Hi Carrie,
Thanks for all this great information!
I was trying to openwww.1000hour.com.au website but I couldn't, is it correct?
Thanks again!!! Wink
Stella
yoshko
5% products discount

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just applied the 1000 Hour lash dye earlier today. I didn't notice any difference in my lashes. I'm Asian with dark lashes. Maybe I applied it wrong because I kept reapplying the dye to make sure I was coating it well. Should I have it let it dry after applying it once. I left it on over 15 minutes. What did I do wrong?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |