Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Can someone please help me...I am confused...I am trying to order the 1000 hours lashtint, but I see the color midnight blue and black...Which one should I get to get this blue/black color everyone raves about? Is that a combo of the blue and black...? Thanks
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
KellyAlanaW wrote:
I see the color midnight blue and black...Which one should I get to get this blue/black color everyone raves about?
"Midnight blue" *is* the blue/black that we're all using.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you carekate.... Surprised

Another question I have for everyone is, Does it hurt when rinsing off the solution. I saw another members post, and I am now terrified that it is going to sting...Also, I have never had my eyelashes professionaly tinted...is it better if I do that at least once to see how the professionals do it...or is it fine if I just follow the directions...?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
KellyAlanaW wrote:
Does it hurt when rinsing off the solution?...is it better if I do that at least once to see how the professionals do it...or is it fine if I just follow the directions...?
If you follow the directions, including the part about applying a coat of vaseline to your eye area (but being careful not to get any on the lashes themselves), you’ll be fine. I would suggest that you do one eye at time for your first application, just until you get the hang of it. Even if you went to a salon and had it done the first time, you wouldn’t really be able to tell what’s going on because you’d have your eyes closed the entire time!

If you accidentally get any of the dye mixture in your eye while you are ‘processing’ (i.e.: waiting the allotted amount of time for the dye to “take”), it *will* sting and make your eye water a bit. Just dab away the tear/s as it runs down your cheek and continue waiting for the time to be up. If the stinging is *unbearable* then go to the bathroom and immediately splash/flood your eye/s with cool or tepid water.

Contrary to popular myth, this lash tint will NOT make you go blind if you get it in your eyes!! It stings no more than if you accidentally get soap/shampoo/etc. in your eye. There has only been one member who reported a severe burning sensation when she rinsed away the mixture and I suspect it happened to her because she is super-sensitive to using any type of products near her eyes.

If you are that concerned that you might react the way that she did, perform a patch test before applying the tint to your lashes by mixing up a small amount of the dye mixture and applying it to the skin of your inner forearm (i.e.: at the bend of the elbow, where the nurse sticks you to draw blood).

One thing: when I am removing the dye mixture from my lashes, I do it a little bit differently then the instructions state. I close my eye/s and then splash it repeatedly with cool/tepid water to remove the excess dye mixture, then I take a soft tissue or cotton pad to gently wipe away the sticky/greasy residue from the vaseline. Then I wash my lashes with my gentlest facial cleanser (i.e.: Decleor Cleansing Gel or Foaming Cleanser, or Yonka Nettoyant Gel) and rinse with cool/tepid water. Then I pat my lashes dry. After this, I like to apply my Lucia Essence lash serum, then either apply a coat of Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator if I’m going out afterwards, or else slather on a coat of plain Castor oil to my lashes and leave it on overnight as a “deep conditioning” treatment for my lashes.

HTH,
Carrie

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your reply...You have the best make-up tips...I just recently found this forum and I am already loving it... I have the ardell and 1000 hours ordered...can't wait to try them out...Am trying to place an order for Lucia with Faith and off-topic am going to try to run by the drugstore afterwork to pick-up some Aero Ear Drops for my teeth...Anyway once again thanks for your help...I can;t waittttt!!! Laughing
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...I got my 1000 hours lashtint yesterday in the ,ail, and it came so quickly. I was so excited to try it, but now I am feeling scared...very scared...Anyway I am going to shower and try it...will post and let u al lknow about the results...Wish me luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Ok..I have to hurry and type this cause i AM IN a rush, but I finished tinting my lashes. They look slightly longer, so I am very happy...plus it was funny, when I was putting on the dye and with the bright light shining on my lashes, I actually saw my naturally blonde tips...Anyway, it didn't hurt one bit...and I am happy....Bye

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
So here goes my "detailed" review for the 1000 hours lashtint in Midnight Blue/Black:

Okay, so I have to say that I don't notice a huge difference in my eyelashes, but I do notice a slight difference. However, it was my first time ever having my eyelashes tinted, so maybe next time it will be more noticable. Has anyone else found that the more they tint their lashes, the better they look?

I do have to say that my mascara does look better and my lashes do look longer, so I think I will buy this product again. I was sooo scared to put it on at first, but it did not hurt one bit. I even got a few dabs here and there of the dye on my skin, but I just used a q-tip dipped in vaseline to remove it right away, and I felt no pain.

The only thing that was slightly confusing was mixing up the dye. The dropper of liquid doesn’t work well to proportionally pour out individual droplets, so I ended up mixing two batches of the dye…a thicker one and a more liquid one and then mixed them together to put on my lashes. I also am not sure if I did the process correctly, but here is what I did:
I took a shower, and made sure I had no make-up on my face. I let my lashes fully dry out after the shower and used a q-tip to remove any natural oils from my lashes/skin. Then I put on the Vaseline all around my eye. I used one of those pointy q-tip make-up applicators to apply the Vaseline to the base of my lashlines. Then I used a clean q-tip to go over my actual lashes just in case I got a tiny bit of Vaseline on them.. I made sure to have slightly dampened cotton balls, saline solution, dry cotton balls, and the qtips with Vaseline prepared in case of any accidents. I also had two types of brushes to use to apply the dye. I used a thoroughly cleansed mascara wand, which was a thin one, from the Revlon Tinting Mascara. I also had a small, thick eye shadow type brush. Prior to putting on the dye I was trying to use thin strands of cotton balls to put under my eye as a protectant, but I couldn’t get them to stay. Although, I did notice that they stretched my lashes out to the full extent, so maybe next time when I have more time to work on my lashes I will try doing this as I apply the dye.

So next using the mascara wand I applied the dye to my bottom lashes first, then to my top ones. For the tops I coated both sides. During the whole process I kept putting more dye on (using both the mascara wand and the eyeshadow brush), so I am wondering if I was not supposed to do this…or does it not matter??????????

Anyway, when it was time to take it off (I think I had it on for about 20 minutes), I used the dampened cotton balls to wipe the lashes. Then after doing that I rinsed my eyes with cool water for about 30 seconds, then I used baby shampoo around my eyes and a teeny bit on my lashes to get all the dye off. Then I patted them dry and put the ardell on them (as I am still waiting for my Lucia to arrive). I have come to notice that if I put the ardell on my bottom lashes and let it dry, then apply mascara my lashes seem to look better.

Like I said my lashes do look slightly longer, but I don’t really notice that they look glossier. Although, everyone raves about the Midnight Blue/Black, I am wondering if anyone has tried the ebony black? I really wanna know how that one looks…or if maybe it will work better for my eyes (I have dark lashes already). It was also weird seeing those little blonde hairs on the tips of my lashes. I realized that since I am not sure where those tips begin at, I may have not got them fully coated during the process. I also would like to try doing the salon way( lying down), but I am way too scared…I practiced lying down and closed one eye and imagined putting the stuff…it seemed wayyyyy to dangerous, so I have no idea how Masby does it.

I really wanna try dying my lashes again today, esp. since I feel I have a better hang of it…does anybody know if that is safe to do?or is that a bad idea???
Also, right now my eyelashes are not super healthy seeming, as a few have fallen out. But once they grow back to their usual thickness maybe the product will work better.
I can’t wait to get my Lucia, cause I am sure once my lashes get healthier and thicker…they will tint much better. Also, I have had a lack of sleep lately so my eyes (esp. underneath) were puffy yesterday. Could this have affected the tint job? Also, I am wondering would a thicker type of mascara wand worked better?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
yoshko wrote:
I just applied the 1000 Hour lash dye earlier today. I didn't notice any difference in my lashes. I'm Asian with dark lashes. Maybe I applied it wrong because I kept reapplying the dye to make sure I was coating it well. Should I have it let it dry after applying it once. I left it on over 15 minutes. What did I do wrong?

Yoshko-I am half Asian, half Caucasian and I have dark lashes as well...I don't know if my review above will help any...but maybe it will Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm. so did anyone who's asian get good results here?
yoshko
5% products discount

Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'll try tinting my lashes again in a few weeks. I've been using the Ardell conditoner for just 2 weeks and have just started with the Lucia Essence for maybe a week now. Maybe when my lashes are in better conditon, I'll see better results. I think my lashes are getting already in better shape with the Ardell, Lucia combo. BTW,my teeth look so much whiter with the ear drops and I've only been using the ear drops for a few days. Thank you Alana for giving me details of your lash dye experience.
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
yoshko-u r welcome.... Laughing it seems like we are almost on the same routine..with me slighly behind you...I have been using the ardell for about 1/2 a week now (not everyday however)and the Lucia for 2 days now...I have also used the eardrops a few times since about a week and 1/2 ago..anyway good luck to u

5% products discount

Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:26 am      Reply with quote
To Kelly Alana,
Good luck to you too. I haven't seen any dramatic change in my lashes or eyebrows yet. I over plucked my brow when I was younger resulting in uneven brows that don't seem to grow in. So I'm hoping after reading some of the others good results that after time with the Lucia Ardell combo that I'll have big beautiful lashes and brows. It would be a dream come true not to have to wear mascara but I'm doubtful. I like the look of big dramatic curled lashes. My eyes are my best features. I can't imagine not putting on mascara and liner. Anyways, I'm glad I found this forum to know that there are others like my neurotic self.
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Yoshko-I shaved my eyebrows entirely when I was younger and even after they grew back they never returned the same. Then I was constantly over plucking them. So, finally I got some Rogaine (well imitation Walmart Brand Rogaine) and it actually worked. My eyebrows grew back, not quite the same as they were naturally, but almost. The only thing I would have to do was pencil in a tiny bit at the very ends, cause those didn’t fully grow back. And contrary to the rumors I have heard about Rogain causing facial hair all over, is not true. In my case it only made my hair grow where I put it (which was on my eyebrows). Also, they seemed to grow back rather quickly. Anyway, sadly I have come to overpluck my brows again (bad horrible habit, I should just let them grow and get them professionally waxed), so I have been thinking about buying the Walmart Rogaine again. However, I figured since I am using the Lucia and Ardell for my lashes, I will use it for my brows too and save the money. If they don’t work however I will buy the Walmart Rogaine again. Anyway just wanted to let u know in case it does not work for u as well.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
To Kelly Alana,
Have you tried yet retinting your lashes. I was curious since you were pretty anxious before about redoing them. I read in another topic review that you were having pretty good results with the Lucia with your lashes and eyebrows. Lucky you! I've been using the Lucia for maybe 2 weeks and the Ardell maybe 3 weeks. I haven't noticed yet any real big difference, maybe my lashes are a little healthier. My brows are still the same, I just really wish the insides of my brow would grow in, I would't mind the outer corners either. I apply the Lucia, then the Ardell every morning and every nite. I'm just patiently waiting and praying and hoping.
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
yoshko wrote:
To Kelly Alana,
Have you tried yet retinting your lashes. I was curious since you were pretty anxious before about redoing them. I read in another topic review that you were having pretty good results with the Lucia with your lashes and eyebrows. Lucky you! I've been using the Lucia for maybe 2 weeks and the Ardell maybe 3 weeks. I haven't noticed yet any real big difference, maybe my lashes are a little healthier. My brows are still the same, I just really wish the insides of my brow would grow in, I would't mind the outer corners either. I apply the Lucia, then the Ardell every morning and every nite. I'm just patiently waiting and praying and hoping.

I couldn't help myself and on November 6 I went ahead and retinted ...I still don't see much of a result, maybe on my top lashes they look slightly Better. When I was tinting I noticed that my bottom lashes touch my skin, so I think the Vaseline was getting on them. After examining all my makeup brushes I determined that the best one to use would be one of my Mac brushes. It worked great! It applied the dye better than anything else would seem to. I was thinking of taking a picture of it to show everyone how it looks. It is a semi medium sized eyeshadow or blending brush. The hair on it is thick, but laid pretty flat so it sweeps over and under lashes perfectly. I was even able to sweep it under the bottom lashes to coat both sides. Sadly, I ended up dyeing my Mac brush and the dye would not wash out. It also grabbed the dye perfectly and applied thick coats on my lashes without making any drip off. I will try to take a pic of all the applicators I used and considered using.

In regards to how well my second tinting worked-I don't know maybe the 1000 hours just isn't effective on me. Also, the answer varies per person, but some people (including my hair dresser) feel tinting doesn't really do anything to enhance naturally dark lashes..so I don't know...Or maybe with the help of Lucia/Ardell my lashes will grow, then I can tint them and there will be a noticiable difference. I also was looking at other tinting kits that actually have other products in them (like tint prep, etc.) that maybe salons use that will give better results, but I am too scared to buy them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Gather round, ladies, because I have an awesome new trick for you!
CareKate wrote:
I wanted to share my fave new trick when using my beloved Wella Color Charm DIY hair color: *before* dying my hair, I apply a homemade protein treatment consisting of avocado, jojoba, grapeseed and coconut oils and let it set in for 15-20 minutes, then I prepare my hair-dye mixture and apply it directly *over* the protein treatment (i.e.: without rinsing the oil out first).

You cannot even BEGIN to imagine how much shinier your hair turns out when you’ve finished and are blow drying and styling your glossy new color!!!! It completely blew me away because it looked like I had applied a clear-gloss "sealant" after I colored, or else slicked on some shine serum to my hair before blow-drying even though I hadn’t!

I actually came up with the idea for applying the protein/oil treatment before doing my color when I saw one of those Sarah Jessica Parker commercials where she’s hawking Garnier Nutrisse hair color and she says what makes Nutrisse so wonderful is the fact that the dye actually contains "nourishing avocado and grapeseed oils." That’s when the little light bulb went off in CareKate’s head and she had a brainstorm!

So anyway, even if you guys are only using some drugstore hair dye kit, you should really try applying the protein treatment first before you actually put the dye on your hair.

Alright, I know exactly what you guys are thinking: "Won’t the protein/oil treatment interfere with the penetration of the dye?" And the answer is a complete,resounding, "No!!!" If anything it makes the color penetrate more evenly so the weaker areas on the hair shaft don't "grab" too much color.

I really think I must be on to something with the protein/oil treatment before coloring because I’m a big fan of the Phytolagie line of hair products, specifically their Phytocitrus shampoo and Phytocitrus hair mask – it’s great for "refreshing" your highlights once they start to fade and get brassy looking. Although the Phyto line is actually best known as the hair products that all the "Baywatch Babes" used on the set to keep the sun and surf from destroying their peroxide-blonde hair.

Anyway, when I was at one of my beauty boutiques yesterday arranging a CP for an MUA member, they had a Phytocitrus shampoo/hair mask bonus set that included a sample of a pre-coloring intensive hair treatment and when I checked the ingredients, it was basically a blend of several oils (jojoba/avocado/grapeseed) and essential oils, and when I checked the instructions for usage for this treatment, it said something like "Bring this treatment along to your salon and tell your stylist to apply it immediately before any coloring service, do not rinse." And you won’t believe this: Phyto sells full-size tubes of this pre-color treatment for around $15 per vial!! You can make the same damn stuff from items that you probably already have in your kitchen or bathroom.

BTW, I also color my mom’s hair with my beloved Wella Color Charm dye which I custom-blend to give her what she claims is "the best home hair color results that I’ve ever used" and keep in mind that she’s been dying her hair since the early days when "Miss Clairol" was first born! Anyway, I colored her hair last weekend and this time I used the DIY protein treatment on her before I applied the dye, and again it gave her incredibly shiny, incredibly even-looking results! You guys have got to give this a try next time you color your hair!
Okay, so last night I needed to re-tint my lashes so I look great in the inevitable upcoming Thanksgiving family holiday photos so I started thinking and said to myself, "Self, I wonder what would happen if you applied a protein treatment to your *lashes* before you tint them...?" Now this sounded like a mighty fine idea to me and -- being your ever-faithful guinea pig -- I decided to try it:

I applied a bit of my L'oreal Natures Therapy Mega Moisture protein treatment (just because it was pre-made in a bottle so I didn't have to fuss with making a homemade version but a homemade protein treatment would work just as good) with a clean mascara spooly wand and let it dry completely, then I mixed up a bit of the 1000 Hours Lash Tint and applied it as I normally do using the "Application on Self" instructions and I rinsed my lashes and cleaned them with a bit of my Yonka Nettoyant Gel cleanser and looked in the mirror to see if the protein treatment beforehand had made a significant difference in the results....

Shock Great hopping fleas -- if you think your lashes look great after using 1000 Hours now, just wait until you get a look at the results after you apply it over a protein treatment!!!! Shock My lashes came out even darker and more glossy looking than usual. I mean REALLY darker and more glossy!

Please ladies: you've *got* to try this the next time you tint your lashes and see the difference for yourselves.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
To Caretake,

Weren't you nervous using the Loreal protein treatment around your eyes, You're brave. Also what was the ratio theavocado,jojoba,grapeseed and coconut oils. I'd be interested in trying to concoct the mixture. Thank You!!!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
yoshko wrote:
Weren't you nervous using the Loreal protein treatment around your eyes?

No, I wasn’t afraid using the L’oreal protein treatment around my eyes. If I *had* gotten some in my eyes, it wouldn’t have stung any more than getting some of the Lucia or Ardell, or even some of the 1000 Hours dye mixture, in my eye.

The L’oreal Natures Therapy protein treatment is thick enough so as not to be real runny. After I’ve warmed it (by dunking the bottle in a cup filled with near-boiling water), I squeeze out a bit of the L’oreal treatment onto the back of my hand, then swirl a clean mascara spooly wand in it to thoroughly coat the bristles and then sweep the spooly wand over my lashes, front and back, to ensure the lashes are coated on both sides. While I’m waiting for the protein treatment to dry on my lashes, I begin mixing up my 1000 Hours tint.

yoshko wrote:
Also what was the ratio the avocado,jojoba,grapeseed and coconut oils. I'd be interested in trying to concoct the mixture.
Well, when I make a homemade protein treatment for my hair (and now for my lashes), I always mix up enough to fill an 4-oz plastic bottle so it will last through a couple of treatments.

Recipe for Dr. Holland's Hair and/or Lash Protein Treatment:

What you’ll need:
----------------------------------
• Small, clean plastic or glass bottle (4-oz in size, or less)
• Jojoba oil
• Avocado oil
• Grapeseed oil
• Coconut oil

What you do:
-----------------------------------
• Fill bottle up 70% full with Jojoba oil, then
• Add 10% Avocado oil and another 10% Grapeseed oil, then
• Add 10% of liquified Coconut oil, then
• Replace lid on bottle and shake well to ensure all of the oils blend together.

How you use it:
----------------------------------
• Boil some water then submerge bottle containing homemade protein treatment in this boiling water for a few seconds in order to warm the treatment. You can also place the bottle of protein treatment in the microwave and nuke it for a couple of seconds, but be very careful as you don't want to microwave it so long that the bottle melts!

• If you are applying the protein treatment to your hair, you want to wash your hair and then towel dry then work a small amount of the protein treatment through your hair from scalp to ends, ensuring that all of your hair is completely saturated -- the longer your hair is, the more protein treatment you'll need to use. Leave protein treatment on your hair for at least 30 minutes or as long as possible -- personally, I sleep on mine and shampoo it out the next morning.

If you color your hair, apply the protein treatment to freshly washed hair and apply the hair dye mixture directly over the protein treatment for spectacular results!

• If you are applying the protein treatment to your eyelashes before tinting, warm the protein treatment as directed above; then

• Pour a little of the warmed oil mixture onto the back of your hand; and then

• Swirl a clean mascara spooly wand in it to thoroughly coat the bristles; then

• Sweep the spooly wand over my lashes, front and back, to ensure the lashes are coated on both sides. While I’m waiting for the protein treatment to dry on my lashes, I begin mixing up my 1000 Hours tint.

Please note: coconut oil solidifies when it is cold so you have to heat it a bit for it to become liquified. Therefore, I always scoop out a bit of the coconut oil solid and place it in a microwave-safe dish and nuke it for a few seconds until it becomes runny and liquidy at which point I mix it with the other oils which help prevent the coconut oil from hardening back up into solid form.

HTH,
Carrie

5% products discount

Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
To Carekate,
Thanks for the new tip. I can't wait to try the new protein treatment for my lashes. Unfortunately I had just tried dying my lashes for the second time a few days ago without much luck. Also I get my hair done by a salon.Wouldn't it be weird to come with my own solution? Also where do you purchase all the different oils? A health food store. Sorry for all the questions but I appreciate all your great advice. Thanks again
sernx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome tip. I can't use it on my eye area (still can't find ardell near me!) but I'll use the protein treatment next time I color my hair!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I need your opinion!

I have dark blonde hair and a fair complexion. And my eyebrows are medium blonde. (plus I have blue eyes and the original color of my lashes are light blonde).

Should I go with:

Brown or
Midnight Blue?

Has anyone found out anything about the discontinuation of the sale of 1000 hour to non-licensed people? Is it true?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
I need your opinion!

I have dark blonde hair and a fair complexion. And my eyebrows are medium blonde. (plus I have blue eyes and the original color of my lashes are light blonde).

Should I go with:

Brown or
Midnight Blue?

Has anyone found out anything about the discontinuation of the sale of 1000 hour to non-licensed people? Is it true?

It depends because the midnight blue is pretty dark, like a black/blue. So if you use black mascara and like how it look, and don't feel it is too dramatic or dark then I would say the midnight blue. However, if you don't like the look of blackish mascara then I would recommend you try brown so it won't be as dramatic. As, far as I know I was able to get the product back in October.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an update on my third tinting using the midnight blue 1000 hours. I retinted again two nights ago, as my lashes are finally pretty and healthy looking again. Thanks to the ardell/lucia they are getting longer/thicker. Again, I don't really notice results from the tinting. Maybe, a there is a teeny difference, but I can't really tell. Maybe it just doesn't work for me cause my lashes are dark despite the blonde tips. My hairdresser said tinting doesn't benefit dark lashes people...so oh well. Maybe in a few weeks I will try it again, but if it doesn't work oh well... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
KellyAlanaW wrote:
amnis wrote:
I need your opinion!

Should I go with:

Brown or
Midnight Blue?

It depends because the midnight blue is pretty dark, like a black/blue. So if you use black mascara and like how it look, and don't feel it is too dramatic or dark then I would say the midnight blue. However, if you don't like the look of blackish mascara then I would recommend you try brown so it won't be as dramatic. As, far as I know I was able to get the product back in October.

oops. Forgot to mention that I usually where black mascara. I like the dramatic effect. (But usually I don't have time to put on eyeshadow). I am thinking the Midnight Blue (blue/black).

Does the color/dye actually fade over time or are your eyelashes just replaced by new growth?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |