Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
montrealgal wrote:
Re: using the jojoba or olive or almond oil before the tint -- wouldn't that interfere with the tint *sticking*?
As for the oil, no, it doesn't inhibit the tint at all. In fact, it will make them darker and glossier! You don't want to drown your lashes, just swipe to condition. I use the same mascara wand to apply both the oil and tint (squeezing w/tissue between steps to remove most of the oil).

Just to expand upon what ScalawagGirl said – regarding the pre-tinting oil treatment – here’s the skinny on this idea, it originally started as pre-HAIR coloring treatment but then I tried it on my lashes before tinting and the results were just as astounding!
CareKate previously posted, many, many times wrote:

I wanted to share my fave new trick when using my beloved Wella Color Charm DIY hair color: *before* dying my hair, I apply a homemade protein treatment consisting of avocado, jojoba, grapeseed and coconut oils and let it set in for 15-20 minutes, then I prepare my hair-dye mixture and apply it directly *over* the protein treatment (i.e.: without rinsing the oil out first).

You cannot even BEGIN to imagine how much shinier your hair turns out when you’ve finished and are blow drying and styling your glossy new color!!!! It completely blew me away because it looked like I had applied a clear-gloss "sealant" after I colored, or else slicked on some shine serum to my hair before blow-drying even though I hadn’t!

Alright, I know exactly what you guys are thinking: "Won’t the protein/oil treatment interfere with the penetration of the dye?" And the answer is a complete,resounding, "No!!!" If anything it makes the color penetrate more evenly so the weaker areas on the hair shaft don't "grab" too much color.

Okay, so last night I needed to re-tint my lashes so I look great in the inevitable upcoming Thanksgiving family holiday photos so I started thinking and said to myself, "Self, I wonder what would happen if you applied a protein treatment to your *lashes* before you tint them...?" Now this sounded like a mighty fine idea to me and -- being your ever-faithful guinea pig -- I decided to try it:

I applied a bit of my latest homemade hot oil treatment mixture(i.e.: olive/jojoba/avocado/grapeseed oils infused with dried Rosemary leaves but any type of oil mixture will do!) with a clean mascara spooly wand and let it dry completely, then I mixed up a bit of the 1000 Hours Lash Tint and applied it as I normally do using the "Application on Self" instructions and I rinsed my lashes and cleaned them with a bit of my Yonka Nettoyant Gel cleanser and looked in the mirror to see if the pre-color oil treatment beforehand had made a significant difference in the results....

Great hopping fleas -- if you think your lashes look great after using 1000 Hours now, just wait until you get a look at the results after you apply it over a protein treatment!!!! My lashes came out even darker and more glossy looking than usual. I mean REALLY darker and more glossy!

Please ladies: you've *got* to try this the next time you tint your lashes and see the difference for yourselves.

Anyway, if you tint your lashes or color your hair, I BESEECH you all to try this – trust me, the results will AMAZE you!!!!

P.S. When it comes to removing the excess Vaseline afterwards, I just use either my Yonka Nettoyant Gel (facial) Cleanser or my Jurlique Foaming Face Wash.

Also, as most of you have noticed, the Vaseline is very thick and gloppy and sometimes it’s difficult to prevent a bit of Vaseline from getting on your lashes which – in turn – can prevent the tint from penetrating evenly (this is ESPECIALLY true if you’ve been using the JM lash serum and your lashes have doubled in length and are now so long that they actually brush your skin, especially in the corners of your eyes!). For this reason, I’ve been looking for something else that I can use to create a barrier to prevent the lash tint from staining my skin, but which is still thinner in consistency and therefore easier to work with. To that end, I’ve found that applying a thin layer of my beloved Burt’s Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser with a Qtip is much easier to deal with than the Vaseline and it still creates enough of a barrier to prevent it from staining, so I just thought I’d share in case anyone else is frustrated with the Vaseline....

Has anyone tried carekate's tip of using an oil before tinting your lashes?
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my blue-black dye and I couldn't wait to do it and the result is fabulous!!!!

I would recommend using a clean mascara wand to apply the dye but other than that its great!!

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
jersey girl

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you get yours?
Thanks
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Reposting here they are.

DarkMoon wrote:
Maryana wrote:
I've emailed okmart in Australia to get to know the shipping costs for my order, and the answer is: $19,95, so that will be a total of $34,90 for one kit.
I think that's very expensive. Does somebody know a cheaper online seller?

Cross posting here are all the online sellers I found

Here is the link to their site

http://www.1000hour.com/eyelashdyekits.html

In Australia

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp?id=52692&pname=1000+Hour+Eyelash+%26+Brow+Dye+Kit+-+Blue%2FBlack

In NZ

http://store.pharmacy-nz.com/EyeLashandBrowTint.html

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for those links Darkmoon, think I will be giving this a go..xx
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
Thanks so much for those links Darkmoon, think I will be giving this a go..xx

You are very welcome Bermie, Good Luck, Happy Lashes Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
got my new shipment of 1000 lashes blue/black and it is significantly more BLUE than previous batches.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
got my new shipment of 1000 lashes blue/black and it is significantly more BLUE than previous batches.

sister sweets, is that good or bad?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi metaphora - well, it doesn't seem to dye as dark as I'd like - the color when mixed is more greyed black, than a black/blue. It's lighter. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 1:30 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi metaphora - well, it doesn't seem to dye as dark as I'd like - the color when mixed is more greyed black, than a black/blue. It's lighter. Confused

Oh, no! Such a shame as it was so wonderful! Crying or Very sad

You don't think that the product is out-of-date, perhaps? How awful if they've "improved" the formula by making it worse, as is so often the case with formerly fab things.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

You don't think that the product is out-of-date, perhaps? How awful if they've "improved" the formula by making it worse, as is so often the case with formerly fab things.

Maybe it's just a bad dye "lot" let's hope, I guess we have to see if others who buy have the same odd color? Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I just got it - and I ordered two! Maybe I'll open the other and check it out. Unless they're both from a bad dye lot. Hope not. I'll let ya'll know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Most things have a lot number on them, if they came from the same "batch" I would expect that the off color would be identical in both packages unfortunately. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I just wanted to get back to you guys about the dye... Although I LOVED the results, it seemed not to last no more than a couple of days, after that everything looked regular again.

I dont think I will be buying again, I cant dye my lashes weekly, I dont think that would be a good thing. Oh well, back to the drawing board. And yes, I agree that the color is not as dark as I wish it were.

I might take before and afters if I remember too tonight or tomorrow.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
That's a shame to hear bombshellbella as this has been such a favorite for so many on the forum for a long time now. Rolling Eyes

Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Product recalls
Updated: 1000 Hour eyelash & brow dye kits 22 Jun 2010 .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated - recall extended to pharmacies nationwide.

The problem
The kits do not comply with the Cosmetic Products Group Standard 2006.

Details
The following products are affected:

1000 Hour eyelash & brow dye kit, natural black (APN 9313312073015)
1000 Hour eyelash & brow dye kit, blue-black (APN 9313312073039)

www DOT consumer DOT org DOT nz/recalls/view/1000-hour-eyelash-brow-dye-kits
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
4GR8SKIN,

Thanks for posting that information. Very Happy

That really stinks though, I hope they fix it!

Hello and Welcome to EDS. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
4GR8SKIN wrote:
Product recalls
Updated: 1000 Hour eyelash & brow dye kits 22 Jun 2010 .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated - recall extended to pharmacies nationwide.

The problem
The kits do not comply with the Cosmetic Products Group Standard 2006.

Details
The following products are affected:

1000 Hour eyelash & brow dye kit, natural black (APN 9313312073015)
1000 Hour eyelash & brow dye kit, blue-black (APN 9313312073039)

www DOT consumer DOT org DOT nz/recalls/view/1000-hour-eyelash-brow-dye-kits

Thanks for posting this. I found a little more info - apparently the recall is because the dye is using banned ingredients, although it doesn't say which ones.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10653552

I only found references about the recall in New Zealand sources.
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I finally found this product and actually tried it today.

I wasn't very successful, what should the consistency be when mixed? watery? creamy? I think I was doing something wrong, the colour would not dissolve very well, it was lumpy so matter how much I tried to mix it. Is this normal?

if its this much trouble I don't think I could be bothered!!1
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I bought this product and tried it. I love it! It's wonderful to be able to leave the house without putting on mascara. I got the blue/black for my lashes and brown for my eyebrows. I would recommend this to anyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Bermie, it was creamy for me. It definitely took a lot of stirring. Mine was lumpy just like you said ands I thought I'd never get it all mixed in. I just kept stirring and it finally became a creamy texture. Hope that helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I bought this product and tried it. I love it! It's wonderful to be able to leave the house without putting on mascara. I got the blue/black for my lashes and brown for my eyebrows. I would recommend this to anyone.

How recently did you buy the blue/black Tonia, I checked a few months back and they didn't even list it only brown or black?

TIA Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I ordered this about three weeks ago and used it about 10 days ago. So, they have it now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Hmmm, I ordered this about three weeks ago and used it about 10 days ago. So, they have it now!

Thanks so much Tonia, I think they pulled it for a while and maybe reformulated, there was some safety issue.

Good to see you, been a while. Smile hope all is well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, DarkMoon! It's good to see you too. It's good to be back.

I love how you casually mentioned a safety issue with a product I used on my eyes. You know, you only get two of those (eyes) in your whole life! I had a panic moment until I realized the safety issue was before my batch. Laughing

Thanks for the laugh!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |