Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mariva,
Ok off to buy the tint. I have been using the ardells and do see a bit of an improvement in health and color of lashes already.
Melissa
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:14 am      Reply with quote
vegas gal wrote:
carekate wrote:
Mine typically arrives in 7-10 business days from the date I ordered it.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Did they email you when they shipped it?
No, I didn't get an email letting me know it had shipped. I only got an email the one time that I ordered and it took them a couple of days to get the product back in stock so they could ship it out. Unless you get an email like that, you can assume it'll arrive within 7-10 business days.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, I can't wait to get this!!!

The mail just came and so did my lash colour . That was fast and the shipping was only $5.00 Shock . What a great deal!!!
CityGirl

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the link given in the original product review, but it seems to be broken.

How can I call the company directly? Thanks!!
glittergal
5% products discount

Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well I dyed my eyelashes the other day, and I have to say that I hardly noticed a difference, because my eyelashes are already pretty well black, but I might notice it more after some more of them have grown in, with the use of the other wonderful products that everyone has been using. So ya here is my tip tho, when you apply the vaseline I suggest you use a q-tip, as i used my finger and got it all over my eyelashes, and had to wash it off and start again. Neutral The reason I say this is because I dont think that the dye would take if it has vaseline on it first.
so that was my little leearning experience. Confused

Now a question, does anyone know of anything like a conditioning mascara that still darkens but does not dry out your mascara? I have been wondering cause my maybelline great Lash is probably not so great for your lashes. Rolling Eyes
Any help would be appreciated, I live in Canada and something I can get at the drugstore would be great.

Thanks again Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
My Lucia just arrived today from an eBay seller in Japan. Can't wait to see if it works as well for me!

As for a conditioning mascara, the one that I like best is Molton Brown's Eyes Wide Open Natural Look Mascara. It really enhances my lashes, but leaves them feeling soft, silky and healthy. (Probably because it contains wheatgerm oil and panthenol to condition lashes.) There are some gorgeous colours to choose from and it doesn't seem to clump at all on me.

The only problem I've found is that, whilst it stays put on my upper lashes, it does seem to flake slightly (although not as badly as most other non-waterproof I've tried) when applied to my lower lashes.

Here's a link if you'd like to find out more about it:

http://www.moltonbrown.co.uk/uk/product.html?productID=89
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I used the lash colour and love it. I used this little brush (oralgel) that is used to brush in between the teeth. You can get them at most drugstores in the oral health section, they work great. My dentist had given me a few of them and being the clever person that I am, thought this would work great for appling my eye colour Very Happy And no, I didn't use them on my teeth first....
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered this stuff, whoo hoo! Smile It's exactly what I want for my lashes, I would love to not use mascara during the day. My lashes are blonde and some are now going grey, oh aren't the 30s wonderful? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Received my order last week - how much are you suppose to put on your lashes - globs of it? I tried applying with a mascara wand but it doesn't seem to coat the lashes adequately. Thanks for any tips you can provide.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
...how much are you suppose to put on your lashes - globs of it? I tried applying with a mascara wand but it doesn't seem to coat the lashes adequately. Thanks for any tips you can provide.
Mabsy said she applies her’s using the set of instructions in the kit for performing the tint on another person/client (i.e.: eyelids closed, a paper pad placed under the bottom lashes, putting the dye mixture on her lashes using the little mixing stick/wand-thingy that comes in the kit then sits with her eye closed during the processing time).

I apply mine using a clean mascara/spooly wand:

First, you want to slather your eye-area with a thin layer of vaseline as this will prevent any drips from staining your skin. I apply the vaseline by covering the tip of a Qtip with vaseline and use that to swab all around my eye area, from the "dark circle valley" all the way up to your brow bone, and all the way up to the very base of your lash-line on both top and bottom, but you want to be careful not to get any vaseline on the lashes themselves as this will prevent the dye from penetrating.
After you mix your lash tint and apply your vaseline, swirl your mascara wand in the dye mixture and scrape off the excess (a mix mine on a small saucer) and then apply to your lashes just like you would mascara. For your top lashes, you want to coat both the front and back of the lashes, but on the bottom you'll only be able to coat the front lower lashes.

This is the point when I start the timer for the processing time, keeping my eyes open the whole time (if you blink it doesn’t matter). After that, you just sit there and vegetate while lashes process. I know the instructions say that when you're applying this to yourself, only keep it on for 10 minutes, but I always leave it for 15-18 minutes.

Sometimes, I’ll continue sweeping additional dye mixture on my lashes with the spooly wand for the entire processing time, just to ensure that each lashes is going to be thoroughly coated.

Hint: I keep a vaseline-covered Qtip hand and swipe up any drips of the dye while I wait for the time to expire.

When it's time to rinse the dye from your lashes, I don't do it the way they suggest in the instructions. Instead, I go to the bathroom and splash my eyes with lukewarm water for about 45 seconds, then I use some of my makeup remover/facial cleanser (i.e.: Decleor Cleansing Gel, Yonka Nettoyant Gel, Decleor Foaming Cleanser, etc) to cleanse my eye area, rubbing my lashes gently to remove the dye as well as the vaseline. Then I pat dry. Afterwards, I like to apply one of my eyelash growth/conditioning serums like DreamLash or Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator, but this isn't mandatory.

I hope this info helps and I know your lashes are going to turn out great!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the application tips Carrie. I can't believe how beautiful my bottom lashes are now that I can see them! They are just as long as the top ones, almost freakeshly so. I never, ever put mascara on my bottoms because of the smudge factor - now there is no need to. Fantastic stuff - thanks again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Okay people...I am very impressed. Now can somebody tell me if this thing makes a difference to lashes which are already dark...black. If so, how?
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what Carekate wrote at the very start of this thread:

"Everybody, regardless of one’s natural eyelash and/or brow color, has little blonde tips on their lashes and these lighter tips can make your eyelashes appear shorter than they actually are, but if you tint your lashes, it covers up those blond tips and therefore showcases the true, actual length of your eyelashes."

Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,

I am a newbie here and I am only posting because I was looking up information on the 1000 Hours Lash Tint. Been looking for it here in the chemists (I am in Sydney, Australia). My mother and I have been using it for years and years (we naturally have light eyebrows).

Got so desperate I rang my husband today and told him to check Priceline (for the usually have it) and the girl there just told him it has been discontinued for someone used it (incorrectly, I am assuming, as I have been using it for ages with no problems...) and got a bad reaction, sued the company and now they have gone bust Sad

I hope it isn't true as I do not want to be the bearer of bad news. But if it is, better snap up whatever you can find on the shelves for it may be the last time.

Louise.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Aw, man! It really annoys me when people who probably don't read product instructions mess up, sue and end up discontinuing great items for the rest of us. Mad

Okay, that may not have occurred in this case, as I don't know the full circumstances, but I bet that's what's to blame.

Thanks so much for letting us know. I was really desperate to try some, too.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Louise77 wrote:
I am a newbie here and I am only posting because I was looking up information on the 1000 Hours Lash Tint. Been looking for it here in the chemists (I am in Sydney, Australia)....got so desperate I rang my husband today and told him to check Priceline (for the usually have it) and the girl there just told him it has been discontinued for someone used it (incorrectly, I am assuming, as I have been using it for ages with no problems...) and got a bad reaction, sued the company and now they have gone bust Sad
Thanks for the warning!! I just submitted an order for half a dozen kits from my "secret" source in NZ....

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Runs off to buy more from carekates "secret source" Very Happy
Louise77

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thats right,I remember reading somewhere in this post that there is a New Zealand site that is selling them....God bless them Kiwi's.

I was emailing away last night to try and find something similar so I could still do it at home. Found some suppliers but they emailed me back saying that now the government has changed the rules here and they can only sell to qualified beauticians working in a salon Sad
I am just so use to doing it myself.

Well I shall check that Kiwi place and if all else fails there is always Ebay Smile

Louise
Louise77

Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
A HUGE THANK YOU to all the girls on this site.

I just put my order in with that Kiwi Pharmacy and emailed them asking if they knew about 1000 Hours going out of business. She told me that they are still selling to them for she just had the rep in last week and she never mentioned anything Smile Whooo hoooo. It just must be that they are not selling it here in Australia anymore.

Damn Priceline, they gave me a heart attack Shock saying the company had gone competely out of business, they should have been more precise and just said that the government here had changed the legislation Rolling Eyes

Sorry if I gave any of you girls a scare thinking 1000 Hours was completely gone.
I just so happy it isn't....might have to have an extra morning coffee to celebrate Wink

Well, I am off to tell my poor mum....put a smile on her face for the day too. Thanks again girl, if not for this web site....well, I just don't want to think about it LoL!!

Louise.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I am glad to know it was just a false alarm! Bought 5 boxes yesterday though...

Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I so so sorry Sad

I had a panic attack yesterday, I thought when I saw their web site was down that it was true and the company went bust. Just told my husband next time he goes to Priceline (he delivers goods there) to give that woman there a good talking to for misinforming him.

Maybe if anyone has extra's they can put them on Ebay for Australia. Since we can't buy them in normal shops here anymore, there might be a little market out there for them.

Louise.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Don't worry Louise! I think its funny. Laughing It will all get used up! Now I don't have to worry about it for a year or 2. Laughing There was probably a mad rush to the online *secret source* and they are wondering why the h*ll is everyone buying so many boxes today. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
...There was probably a mad rush to the online *secret source* and they are wondering why the h*ll is everyone buying so many boxes today. Wink
Ah, the power of the internet – it amuses me greatly to think that we are able to cause these tiny seismic shockwaves throughout the global marketplace!! Yesterday alone, we probably accounted for over half of the secret source's monthly profit earnings....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
LOL! I bought a few boxes, too! Laughing

Still, I'd been thinking about trying it for a while and this gave me an added impetus to actually getting around to doing it. Very Happy

I'm very glad to hear that the company haven't gone out of business.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
faith wrote:
Laughing I am glad to know it was just a false alarm! Bought 5 boxes yesterday though...

I did the same thing Very Happy. I went into freak out mode.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |