Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Bira wrote:
carekate wrote:
Because you are Asian, your hair (assuming you’ve never color-treated it) is also naturally such a pure jet black with a midnight blue sheen when you view it in the sunlight because it has absolutely no red tones in it. And the overall effect is, quite simply, stunning!!

How come my hair which is pretty black shines with red tone in it (like mahogany) in the sun? Never been color treated. And I'm Asian.
Huh. Is there any chance that you have some Caucasian blood in your lineage somewhere? That would be the only explanation I could think of, if you've never color-treated or permed your hair.

Haha...maybe it's that white milkman. Just kidding! No, there's no chance I got any Caucasian blood in me although I often joke that I'm part Italian (total BS). I did perm my hair 12 years ago and colored my hair 3 years ago, but all my hair now has no perm or color left except my original color which used to be pitch black, but now it's lighter with the red highlights. Do you mean that your hair color will be changed forever as soon as you permed or colored your hair even if the hair now is no longer colored or permed (you cut all the permed and colored parts out)?
orionomega
5% products discount

Fri May 25, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading an anime reference book last week and the author was talking about the rainbow range of hair colors that many anime characters have.

Then the author wrote that native Japanese hair color is deep brown, black or occasionally a very very dark mahogany red.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ordered from that Australian company recently? The prices seem very reasonable considering they include shipping. $25 for the lash dye kit.

Years ago I bought a tube of black dye from Germany at my local beauty supply. They filled a small bottle, maybe an ounce, with No. 10 developer (or something like that) and charged me $10 for it. So together this Oz kit might be cheaper.

I recall squeezing a 1/4" piece of the paste in the tube and adding four drops of developer, stirring it up and applying for 10 minutes. It was a subtle but definite effect. A lot easier to use than any liquid, which can run into your eyes. I had my eyelashes dyed professionally once and that was enough. I trust myself more!
Miche

Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, SoftSkin, I ordered the 1000 Lash stuff from Australia for the first time about a month ago. I consider it an excellent purchase! Before that I had been using the Revlon lash dye kind off an on for quite a few years(I hated applying it so I avoided doing it but rarely)but never again! Yes, it is an extremely resonable price including shipping. In fact the Revlon one was twice that much and it was so much more difficult to use. It's not totally fool proof applying(if you want to get all the way down to the roots anyway)and you'll want to be very careful about it still, but its much easier and worth it imo.

Just like the kind you tried it squeezes out like a paste and mixes with a developer so that it's a nice gel like consistency instead of runny liquid(like Revlon's). The spooly thing works well and I like to also use one of those little dental brush-picks. I usually start out with a tiny bit of cotton from a cotton pad wrapped around the dental brushpick and then pull it off when I want to get more precise application. I'm so happy I took the advice here and got it. It was quick shipping too even though it was all the way from Australia. It's so nice to have dark natural looking eyelashes...you just can't mimic that with mascara. So Basically I Love the 1000 lash dye! Very Happy
VR4Jen

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my results... tinypic. com/r/n4dslh/6 (remove the space between tinypic. and com. sorry, the forum won't let me embed the url!)

I give it a B-. My lashes are naturally darker so it doesn't make a huge difference. I think it would be very beneficial if you have lighter lashes though. It is absolutely NOT a replacement for mascara though, not sure how people can think that. It doesn't thicken at all.

So there you have it.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
VR4Jen wrote:
Here's my results... tinypic. com/r/n4dslh/6 (remove the space between tinypic. and com. sorry, the forum won't let me embed the url!)

I give it a B-. My lashes are naturally darker so it doesn't make a huge difference. I think it would be very beneficial if you have lighter lashes though. It is absolutely NOT a replacement for mascara though, not sure how people can think that. It doesn't thicken at all.

So there you have it.

Your lashes look wonderful VR4Jen. What kind of mascara do you use?

I just used the dye again this weekend and it makes a hugh difference in my lashes because mine are very light. I use the black/brown and have discovered that if I dye them twice, the color is much darker. I have that much dye anyway so it's not a big deal.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
VR4Jen wrote:

So there you have it.

I think the fact it darkens lashes for most is what gives the illusion of thickness! The same way darkening the blond tips makes lashes look longer when really it just makes the light tips visible!

IMHO
DM

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
VR4Jen wrote:

So there you have it.

Your lashes look wonderful VR4Jen. What kind of mascara do you use?

I just used the dye again this weekend and it makes a hugh difference in my lashes because mine are very light. I use the black/brown and have discovered that if I dye them twice, the color is much darker. I have that much dye anyway so it's not a big deal.

Thanks, I use L'oreal Voluminous.

I had originally written a more detailed review but it was deleted after the forum didn't let me embed the pic Sad I didn't feel like typing it all over again.

I am pleased with the results on my lower lashes, that's where I really notice the difference. I think it does help improve the overall look a bit with mascara so I'm pleased with that.

My fingers and fingernails are stained purple though so I suggest using gloves!
lovemore
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:09 am      Reply with quote
VR4Jen wrote:
Here's my results

VR4Jen, results are awesome! This is off topic, but what kind of camera did you use? It looks like a professional studio shot
Maryana
5% products discount

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

On a seller's website I read "1000 HOUR Lash Colour may cause an allergic reaction in certain persons".
Now I've read a lot of pages in this thread (not all pages, I got so tired), but couldn't find anything about this kind of troubles.

I wonder how dying dead stuff like hairs could cause an allergic reaction.
Do some of you have any idea?

I would eternally be thankfull. Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Maryana wrote:
Hi Ladies,

On a seller's website I read "1000 HOUR Lash Colour may cause an allergic reaction in certain persons".
Now I've read a lot of pages in this thread (not all pages, I got so tired), but couldn't find anything about this kind of troubles.

I wonder how dying dead stuff like hairs could cause an allergic reaction.
Do some of you have any idea?

I would eternally be thankfull. Wink

I think that's a standard warning for many products, there is always a chance of getting some on the skin and a remote chance of an allergic reaction. Many members here use this and I have never seen any reports of problems of any kind. Smile

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Maryanna,
I've used this for probably two years. Just keep it on your lashes. You'll be fine. I've gotten it on my eyelids - lower/upper, etc but it is such a minute amount that to cause something is absurd to think about. Avoid your eye area and you'll be fine.

it's really a neat product, especially before a trip or event - really gets those lashes to stand out Wink
~~Sis

5% products discount

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
For a lot of years I am using 2 components color shampoo for my hair without problems, also with hydrogen peroxide (don't know which percentage), and I got the impression that this product is nearly the same.

Thank you for reassuring! Now I will go find the best online seller. Smile
Maryana
5% products discount

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I've emailed okmart in Australia to get to know the shipping costs for my order, and the answer is: $19,95, so that will be a total of $34,90 for one kit.
I think that's very expensive. Does somebody know a cheaper online seller?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Maryana wrote:
I've emailed okmart in Australia to get to know the shipping costs for my order, and the answer is: $19,95, so that will be a total of $34,90 for one kit.
I think that's very expensive. Does somebody know a cheaper online seller?

Cross posting here are all the online sellers I found

Here is the link to their site

http://www.1000hour.com/eyelashdyekits.html

In Australia

http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp?id=52692&pname=1000+Hour+Eyelash+%26+Brow+Dye+Kit+-+Blue%2FBlack

In NZ

http://store.pharmacy-nz.com/EyeLashandBrowTint.html

HTH
DM

5% products discount

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Maryana wrote:
For a lot of years I am using 2 components color shampoo for my hair without problems, also with hydrogen peroxide (don't know which percentage), and I got the impression that this product is nearly the same.

Thank you for reassuring! Now I will go find the best online seller. Smile

I ordered the lash tint and heated eyelash curler
from 1000 lash tint in Australia yesterday. They did not charge shipping! Site says "Free Worldwide shipping". Very Happy Can't wait! Notch is making my lashes longer and filling in the bottom outside edges where I haven't had any for a long time. Now I need the tips darker.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Gini,
You are going to have gorgeous lashes! Smile

5% products discount

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot DarkMoon! I'm gonna check those sites. Smile

Gini, I also thought there was free worldwide shipping, but this is what they wrote in their email:

Dear Customer

19.95 dollars for one packet, 5 packet or under cost 25.95 dollars postage

If I would order on their eBay-site it would cost me $22,65 for shipping (for 1 kit).
Gini
5% products discount

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Maryana wrote:
Thanks a lot DarkMoon! I'm gonna check those sites. Smile

Gini, I also thought there was free worldwide shipping, but this is what they wrote in their email:

Dear Customer

19.95 dollars for one packet, 5 packet or under cost 25.95 dollars postage

If I would order on their eBay-site it would cost me $22,65 for shipping (for 1 kit).

My Pay Pal bill was the total of the 2 products, no shipping added. I don't think they can add anymore on with Paypal.
G
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
On the first link official site it says free worldwide shipping *minimum order 20$ USD? I would hold them to what the site advertises!?! hmm

DM

5% products discount

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, now I ordered from 1000hour dot com, your first link, easy, and paying with PayPal. Very Happy
I ordered only one package, cause I want to try first, before ordering more.
Those other links are hopeless: at epharmacy you have to try calculate the shipping costs for other countries yourself (while you don't know the weight of the package!), and the one in NZ does not show shipping to the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc.etc., and does not work with PayPal.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Maryana wrote:
DarkMoon, now I ordered from 1000hour dot com, your first link, easy, and paying with PayPal. Very Happy
I ordered only one package, cause I want to try first, before ordering more.
Those other links are hopeless: at epharmacy you have to try calculate the shipping costs for other countries yourself (while you don't know the weight of the package!), and the one in NZ does not show shipping to the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc.etc., and does not work with PayPal.

Sorry the other sites are such a pain! I also ordered from the official site, too bad my daughter confiscated my kit and dyed her lashes and her friends, awww daughters Smile I will have to order yet again. I just posted the sites that sell it. Anyway I am glad you managed to order the kit!
DM Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the Blue/Black kit from epharmacy.com.au for $24.00 including shipping!! I cant wait to get it and try it out.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
I just ordered the Blue/Black kit from epharmacy.com.au for $24.00 including shipping!! I cant wait to get it and try it out.

Keep us posted, I am sure you will love it, just about everyone does. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:

I just got my order of the Blue/black and love it. I would have never thought about getting that color but it is everything that others claim it to be. Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |