Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
The lash tint probably wouldn't fade over time, and if it did, it wouldn't be by much. It is permanent tint dye and usually u should retint every 3-6 weeks. So the tint would just grow out as your new lashes grow in, and when it becomes obvious that is when u would retint.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
My brain! Where did it go?! I wasn't even thinking about your eye lashes actually growing... so that the dye would grow out and show roots. I had it in my head that as your eye lashes fall out, they are replaced by another... I didn't even logically consider that they have to actually grow- they can't just (poof!) reappear! What an idiot! (where's the cross eyed, tongue sticking out, goofy faced smily?) Laughing

Yeah, so anyway, I get it. I have had way too much on my mind lately. Guess that's why I have been more active in this forum the last couple of days; it's an excuse not to think about other things.

Thanks you guys!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
KellyAlanaW wrote:
My hairdresser said tinting doesn't benefit dark lashes people...
I disagree with that. I think even those with the darkest lashes can benefit from lash tinting because – if nothing else – it’s darkening the blond tips of the lashes which helps the lashes look even longer. If you don’t believe it works, some time you ought to tint just one set of lashes and leave the other alone and then go outside and look at them in the direct sunlight for comparison and then I bet you’d really be able to tell the difference! Then you can scoot back inside and tint the other set of lashes so they match!!

BTW, Kelly, you mentioned that you had a single lash that grows on top of your normal lash line (that has now sprouted into 3 such lashes). I have one of those lashes too! And not only does he stick out slightly behind my normal lash line, but the sucker is stark light blond so he’s really obvious if I’m checking my lashes outside in the sunlight. And he seems to be really resistant to the lash tint – hey, maybe he’s actually grey rather than blonde?! – so I have to make sure I really slather a lot of the tint mixture onto that one lash to make sure he gets dyed along with the rest of them. In fact, that’s how I’m able to tell when it’s time to re-tint my lashes: if I can clearly see “Blondie” when I’m looking in the mirror, I know it’s time to break out the homemade protein treatment and mixup a batch of tint!

Anyway, next time you tint: I challenge you to do only *one* set of lashes and then step outside in direct sunlight with a mirror and compare the lashes of each eye side-by-side and I'll bet you're be able to notice the improvement! And I'm glad to hear that your lashes are getting longer and healthier. Smile

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but for all of you who tint your lashes, do you tint the lower lashes as well as the upper ones?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:02 am      Reply with quote
possum wrote:
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but for all of you who tint your lashes, do you tint the lower lashes as well as the upper ones?
Yes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Tinting your lower lashes is great because that's where mascara often flakes off and smudges. Having them tinted means there's no need at all for messy mascara there.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I just got mine today, I´ll try it out tonight. Cool
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
I just got mine today, I´ll try it out tonight. Cool
Just don’t forget the vaseline and you’ll be fine!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Oh, thanks for reminding me. I would have looked like a raccon with midnight blue circles. Laughing

Btw, how great is that Anastasia pencil? My God, I look awake for once in my life! And with plump, lush lips to boot!
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Hah, goodbye mascara! I´ve dyed my lashes, curled them and applied some Ardell, and I can´t see the difference between this and my Stila FiberOptics mascara. Or any other mascara for that matter! Shock

My new morning makeup routine has been severely simplified over the past week. Now all I need is some Ardell, lipfusion, a bit of JI pressed powder and perhaps a bit of blush and I´m out the door. Luuverrly.

Carrie, you are the best!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Hah, goodbye mascara! Íve dyed my lashes, curled them and applied some Ardell, and I cańt see the difference between this and my Stila FiberOptics mascara. Or any other mascara for that matter! Shock
You seriously need to try curling your lashes AFTER you apply the Ardell: I swear it “locks” in the curl so it stays ALL DAY!!! Shock Just apply the Ardell and wait a few minutes for it to dry, then curl them with any crimp-style or heated lash curler – and before you ask, no the Ardell *won’t* make your lashes stick to the curler and accidentally get pulled out as happens if you try to curl your lashes after applying traditional mascara!

BTW, did you use the midnight blue lash tint or did you opt for the basic black?

ETA:
Sharkbait wrote:
Btw, how great is that Anastasia pencil? My God, I look awake for once in my life!
Oh good, I’m glad you liked the Anastasia eye highlighting pencil because I’d been fretting over it since I more or less “forced” you into trying it even though it wasn’t on your original shopping list! You need to go cast your “vote” for the Eyelight pencil in this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10156&highlight=eyelight

I never would have tried the EyeLight pencil if it hadn’t have come as one of the items in the Anastasia 7-piece brow kit – it never even occurred to me that I needed anything like it! I mean, if I couldn’t see any actual difference or benefit from applying the light colored eye shadow to my brow bone like they teach us in the beauty magazines since the time we all started wearing makeup, what possible benefit could using a stupid pencil provide?!

But now I consider it a must-have item for every woman’s makeup bag even though the price is a bit obscene. You don’t realize how much of a difference it truly makes until you look in the mirror and see for yourself how “bright-eyed and bushy-tailed” you look no matter how much sleep you missed the night before and surely that should be considered quite priceless!?

I consider it my new mission to convince as many EDS-ers as possible to try the EyeLight to witness the transformation their selves!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I did the midnight blue, as I´m darkhaired and my lashes are quite dark to begin with. Amazing difference! They look so much longer. Oh, and curling after the Ardell sounds great, will try that in the morning.

By the way, that mouthwash stuff really brightened my teeth! I kick myself for not taking pictures, but I swear I have much whiter teeth, fuller lips and longer lashes than I had last week. Hubby even commented on the teeth and lips. You´re a lifesaver, sweetie.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add my rave about 1000 Hr lash tint...

it!!!

It has very much simplified my life when it comes to makeup application and removal time. This is absolutely fabulous for a swimmer! And when I am makeup-less I don't look so albino-ish and weird looking. I also love the fact that I don't have to deal with the annoying mascara debris getting into my eyes and interferring with my contacts.

Also, I dye my bottom lashes. I ALWAYS smudged there with mascara. NO more racoon eyes for me!!!

Btw, I use midnight blue.

p.s. Thanks, Carrie! Wink

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Mabsy

Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I went shopping this morning and saw this back on Chemist shelves here

If there's anyone in Brisbane looking for this then I found it at Terry White's in Garden City (Au$17.95 - it even went down in price since it was taken off the shelves!). Of course I got excited and got myself a pack of the midnight blue again Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I order it also and love it!!

I have long lashes but half of the lenght was blond and you really couldn't see how long they were until I used this.

I had many compliments ..many!!!

It's been a month and still going strong.

Blue
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Before and after photos of 1000 Hour....my first time ever to dye my lashes...

The before shot is in artificial light and was taken about 3 weeks ago. All three photos are w/ completely bare skin and lashes, except in the two after shots my lashes have been dyed the Blue-Black tint and I’m wearing Ardell Lash & Brow.

I like it...will see how long it lasts...was very easy; wouldn’t mind doing it every couple of weeks.

Hope this link works....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=10yltch3.as5u8h2r&Uy=qalmvz&Ux=1

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing, CyndiK! think i might buy myself a mug Very Happy
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

I know, I know! So excited about its return here...do you think this board single handedly prompted return to sale? Carrie your influence is indeed worldwide. Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:28 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
Quote:

I know, I know! So excited about its return here...do you think this board single handedly prompted return to sale? Carrie your influence is indeed worldwide. Very Happy
It’s funny you should say that, because one of our European members for whom I did a custom purchase is having trouble getting her package from the customs officials there! They won’t deliver her parcel until she produces an invoice because “CK Holland” must be a corporation and couldn’t possibly be an individual!!! It would make me laugh if I wasn’t so outraged on this member’s behalf....

P.S. Cyndi - your lashes look great!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
CindiK your eyes are beautiful!

Couple of questions:
First of all , does the midnight blue look blue outdoors in sunlight?
Carrie, does the oil/protein treatment actually "dry"? since it consists of oils, it doen't seem like it would. How long do you leave it on before tinting? All in all it sounds like another sroke of genius! Idea Thanks, Carrie!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
mimsy wrote:
First of all , does the midnight blue look blue outdoors in sunlight?
It doesn’t look bright blue, but it has a blue-tinge to it. Have you ever seen someone with TRUE jet black hair? Hair that is so black that it has a blue sheen (i.e.: there’s no redness in the hair whatsoever), like a raven’s wing in the sunlight? True Latin or Native Americans have hair like this. That’s what the midnight blue looks like on your lashes in direct sunlight.

mimsy wrote:
Carrie, does the oil/protein treatment actually "dry"? since it consists of oils, it doen't seem like it would. How long do you leave it on before tinting?

It doesn’t become dry, per se, but it doesn’t stay “sopping wet” either. I think you’ll know when the time is right, but if not, waiting 10-15 minutes is about right.

FYI - if you don’t want to bother ordering from Oz or NZ, I have an extra 1000 Hours kit in Midnight Blue available, just PM me for details.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome and THANK YOU for the compliments!

Wanted to add that I used the pre-treatment suggested by Carekate....using what I had I used 1/2 teaspoon of jojoba and a couple of drops of grapeseed and applied w/ a clean mascara wand before I began mixing the dye. Probably began dyeing about 5 minutes after applying the pre-treatment.

I need to order another kit immediately as the one I have will quickly be used up by my friends wanting to try it (and their teenage sons!)...thinking of trying the other kit that was reviewed today for a comparison...no blue-black though....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to order some of this in the blue/black.. When I went to the companies website and read the how to use section, it clearly states
"Make sure your lashes are completely clean by removing natural oils as well as make-up with a non-oily cleanser"
Now I totally agree that applying oils to hair before coloring it does make it glossier.. so it makes sense for eyelashes as well. Carekate said she tried the Loreal treatment and had great results... did anyone try the oil concoction before dying their lashes yet? I don't know why the website says to remove all oils first if the oils would help. I want to try the oil method, I just want to make sure first that others have done it successfully.
Can't wait to try this, wouldn't want to get discouraged my first time.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ha. That's real cute. I finally got around to ordering the lash dye today. Clicked the link provided at the beginning of this thread and now it won't load. I went to the site about a week ago, but now it appears the website is no more. Tried it quite a few times now with different web browsers... Anyone have their contact phone number? I really wanted to order some of this stuff.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Can someone please pm me with the new zealand pharmacy that accepts Paypal? I found a million new zealand pharmacies selling this stuff but I can't find the one that uses Paypal. I finally got the original website to load to order this stuff and when I tried faxing in my order, a lady answered my fax. I don't know what's going on...
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |