Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
besides, some of those ladies are SCARY looking and I wouldn't WANT them doing my makeup, ya know?! Shock

ah, come on!!! it's fun to be a drag queen for an afternoon!!! Bad Grin
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Carekate and La Vie en Rose.
slap a big "d'oh" on my forehead.

I just realized that Sephora always has a ton of spoolies. And it's usually crowded so I won't feel conspicuous grabbing a few.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
ok quick question, for those also using JM and experiencing shedding, could it be due to the lash tinting? I've been using jm since July and have had fab..well unreal results with no shedding at all, that I am aware of. I'd love to use the tint now, but am worried it might start the dreaded shedding?

serendipidity. tint your lashes (use blue/black or i'll shoot you!) and be happy. those of us that shed did so because our lashes were getting into sync. or in my bald spot's case, needed to strengthen.... i was a premie (way back when they didn't survive) and barely had hair the first years of my life (my mum used to tape a bow on my scalp so people would know i was a girl Laughing ). when i was about five, she took me to her hairdresser every week and he trimmed my hair. i've not got the thickest main imaginable! i kind of think JM works this way and you, lucky girl, obviously didn't need it. tint to your heart's content!

Ok bows down no shooting please, blue/black on its way, Carrie was kind enough to sell me one of her boxes!! Now off to swipe some mascara wands!!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
ok perhaps my dumb question of the day, but here goes, has anyone tried taking scotts magic tape (yes kind you wrap presents with) and using this as a barrier? Seems to me it would stay in place...
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
ok perhaps my dumb question of the day, but here goes, has anyone tried taking scotts magic tape (yes kind you wrap presents with) and using this as a barrier? Seems to me it would stay in place...

sure thing!!! never mind the copious amount of tears that would form when you TORE it away Rolling Eyes i'd personally prefer to look like an extra from Braveheart Bad Grin
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

sure thing!!! never mind the copious amount of tears that would form when you TORE it away Rolling Eyes i'd personally prefer to look like an extra from Braveheart Bad Grin

OMG too funny...actually that tape doesn't hurt at all, its great for using what u'd use frownies for. But has to be the "magic" tape or it won't work. My mother in law..use to use this nightly, and trust me she was in her 80's with the face of a much much much younger woman (she owned her own shop and sold hauska & tons of other stuff, and man at the tricks she taught me on mixing up diff hauska products to create diff creams, wish I could remember them). I'd see her forhead all taped, and she'd say it helped her migraines....LMAO!! anyhow its also great for those pesky blackheads on nose, lay it down, lift and wala....
So knowing it won't hurt what ya think..? oh wait I can hear it now....u go first dear, let us know Laughing
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
*mental note: hit DFS on the way home... mission: to swipe spooly wands* Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

OMG too funny...actually that tape doesn't hurt at all, its great for using what u'd use frownies for. But has to be the "magic" tape or it won't work.
You heard my tale of woe about Scotch Tape, right? My mom's father's family invented it back in the day, but Gramps' father -- being such an insightful man -- said "Ah, that'll never take off!" and declined to participate in the initial investment so the rest of the family got wealthy beyond their wildest dreams while Gramps' side of the family went on to become paupers.... Sad

Gramps later carried on the family tradition of "missing the boat" by selling for a mere pittance a huge parcel of land in the section of Houston now known as "Piney Point" back in the 50s -- man, you should have seen my face pressed up against the car window in disbelief as my mom slowly cruised through her former "stomping grounds" on a visit through town a couple years ago and poor CareKate pondered "what might have been." Confused

Maybe the family's misfortunes are finally about to turn as CareKate restores pride in the family name with her future cosmetics' company that will go on to rule the world.... Razz Razz Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
wow 6 degrees of seperation, I grew up in Piney Point, lmao!!! Spent most of my life there, minus, ur wonderful place of Austin, for school!

So what do you think on the tape??? Not sure why the "magic" versions different, but it is.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to order the lash tint in blue black, but the damn things in new zealand dollars. Its free shipping and the cost for the lash tint is 25.00. How the hek do I know what to deduct? I don't know what 25.00 NZD dollars are converted into USD, and it dosen't show you.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.gocurrency.com/currency-conversion.htm
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much jumpingball. Thats cheap enough... Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
The Scotch “Magic” Tape as barrier scares me because A) isn’t the skin around the eye supposed to be the most delicate so you aren’t supposed to pull/tear on it (is if it’s okay to pull/tear the rest of your face!) and B) I’d be scared I might accidentally get some of my hard-earned lashes caught in the tape and have ‘em yanked out! But I may give it a go – if I can bring myself to buy some of that special tape to make “that” side of the family even richer! Bad Grin Right now I’m still rocking the Burt’s Bees Orange cleanser applied with a sponge-tipped (eyeshadow-type) applicator which is working pretty well (BTW - I sent you one of those, plus a spooly wand and a plastic spatula to mix with)....You ought to get your kit by the weekend so we expect a full report on Monday of your bat-worthy blue/black lashes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
The Scotch “Magic” Tape as barrier scares me because A) isn’t the skin around the eye supposed to be the most delicate so you aren’t supposed to pull/tear on it (is if it’s okay to pull/tear the rest of your face!) and B) I’d be scared I might accidentally get some of my hard-earned lashes caught in the tape and have ‘em yanked out! But I may give it a go – if I can bring myself to buy some of that special tape to make “that” side of the family even richer! Bad Grin Right now I’m still rocking the Burt’s Bees Orange cleanser applied with a sponge-tipped (eyeshadow-type) applicator which is working pretty well (BTW - I sent you one of those, plus a spooly wand and a plastic spatula to mix with)....You ought to get your kit by the weekend so we expect a full report on Monday of your bat-worthy blue/black lashes!

aww muchas gracias, thanks for adding the extra stuff, it appears I'll need!!!! I can't wait, hope I don't end up looling like what was that...braveheart extras Laughing !!! Ok I will brave the scotch tape, or at least attempt, if I find it rough going I'll revert to good ole something or another. So excited, get to have a home beauty day this weekend!!!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and Carrie if someone shows up at ur door in Austin, looking like an extra from braveheart (sry to steal that la vie a rose, I just love that visual) land carrying a big stick, you'll know something went VERY wrong Laughing
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
ok serious question, before I embark on my venture!!! If I've been using vasiline on my off nites with JM, is that considered conditioning? Or should I still do a conditioning session?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
If I've been using vasiline on my off nites with JM, is that considered conditioning? Or should I still do a conditioning session?

By "conditioning," do you mean the pre-color protein treatment? Or do you mean conditioning AFTER you've tinted?

Either way, using Vaseline is good and so long as your lashes are in good health (i.e.: no wearing waterproof or harsh mascara everyday), neither pre- or post- tinting treatments are NECESSARY...they're just very, very nice extras!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
If I've been using vasiline on my off nites with JM, is that considered conditioning? Or should I still do a conditioning session?

By "conditioning," do you mean the pre-color protein treatment? Or do you mean conditioning AFTER you've tinted?

Either way, using Vaseline is good and so long as your lashes are in good health (i.e.: no wearing waterproof or harsh mascara everyday), neither pre- or post- tinting treatments are NECESSARY...they're just very, very nice extras!

great thanks, I think I can safely assume they've been pre-conditioned. No WATERPROOF mascara for me ever!! I'll def remember to slap vasaline on that nite as well...thanks!!!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
OMG! Can I tell you how much I love this stuff? Go ahead, laugh. A guy using lash tint! But seriously...my eyelashes lighten up so much in the summer, and I am convinced that my contact lense solution bleaches them. I used the 1000 hour LT only twice so far, but I am sold! I have only previously used the Roux lask tint, which I hate. But this stuff blows it away! Finally I have eyes again! Shock I can't beleive all that time I went around looking like an albino bunny rabbit. Why didn't you girls tell me about this sooner????? Laughing
-Darren

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
OMG! Can I tell you how much I love this stuff? Go ahead, laugh.

Why didn't you girls tell me about this sooner????? Laughing
-Darren

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think I already asked you this, but what color are you using? I'm guessing the brown or black is more "manly". Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
I can't beleive all that time I went around looking like an albino bunny rabbit.

ah! but albino bunny rabbits can be pretty darned cute! i'd rub your tail any day Bad Grin
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
pbsadhaka wrote:
I can't beleive all that time I went around looking like an albino bunny rabbit.

ah! but albino bunny rabbits can be pretty darned cute! i'd rub your tail any day Bad Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Darren - its totally cool that a guy uses lash tint! I used to date this gorgeous, hunky guy who was a model and he had blonde hair/blue eyes. Typical of a blonde, his eyelashes were non-existant and I was totally sympathetic to the idea of darkening them; still, imagine my surprise when we were getting ready to go out one night and I caught him using MASCARA on his lashes! And the worst part was it was HIS OWN mascara, not mine! That's only part of the reason why we're no longer together! Laughing

That said, there's this waiter in a restaurant over in Santa Monica who has the whole rockabilly look down pat - and he's tall, dark, handsome and super sexy with the most amazing eyes and lips ...... oooops! Where did I just go? Where was I? Oh yeah, anyhow, he was waiting on me and some friends one day and they could not figure out what the deal was with his eyes and why they looked so fabulous. I knew that he had his lashes tinted, so it was our little secret, but let me tell you, they looked divine and very natural (much better than Model-Boy and his mascara!).

So tint away!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie,
I use the BROWN/BLACK. It isn't as dark as I thought it would be, maybe a shade darker than my eyebrows. But you can get away with lashes being slightly darker I think. It is a really neutral brown. it looks really natural. Me likey! Laughing
Laughing
carekate wrote:
pbsadhaka wrote:
OMG! Can I tell you how much I love this stuff? Go ahead, laugh.

Why didn't you girls tell me about this sooner????? Laughing
-Darren

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think I already asked you this, but what color are you using? I'm guessing the brown or black is more "manly". Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Soooo funny! I am LOVING your story. So I guess I don't feel too bad. I mean, I could be using mascara! Embarassed
MermaidGirl wrote:
Darren - its totally cool that a guy uses lash tint! I used to date this gorgeous, hunky guy who was a model and he had blonde hair/blue eyes. Typical of a blonde, his eyelashes were non-existant and I was totally sympathetic to the idea of darkening them; still, imagine my surprise when we were getting ready to go out one night and I caught him using MASCARA on his lashes! And the worst part was it was HIS OWN mascara, not mine! That's only part of the reason why we're no longer together! Laughing

That said, there's this waiter in a restaurant over in Santa Monica who has the whole rockabilly look down pat - and he's tall, dark, handsome and super sexy with the most amazing eyes and lips ...... oooops! Where did I just go? Where was I? Oh yeah, anyhow, he was waiting on me and some friends one day and they could not figure out what the deal was with his eyes and why they looked so fabulous. I knew that he had his lashes tinted, so it was our little secret, but let me tell you, they looked divine and very natural (much better than Model-Boy and his mascara!).

So tint away!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |