Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
The mascara shield looks great. Shipping is almost $6 though..
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
The mascara shield looks great. Shipping is almost $6 though..

yeah, $6 shipping for a 59c gadget is kind of silly. You have to find something else you want to order and throw the shield in with it. They have lots of fun items though. I am a child of the late 70s and was charmed by the Lauren perfume myself Very Happy
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
PS: Something else I discovered tonight, if you, um, accidentally stick your hand in the dye tray whilst 'cleaning up', St Tropez Self Tan Remover will get the purple stains off your hands. Embarassed

I've also found scrubing with Proactive cleanser will work.
anixia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
This thread reminded me that I hadnt dyed my lashes in *gasp* 6 months. Ran and did them, and I see again why I was so happy I bought this product in the first place. I use the brown, mostly because it matches the color of my lashes and I wanted subtle color. But now reading over this thread again, I may just buy some blue-black and see how that looks, especially now that Im using Ardell, Im sure soon Ill have lashes I really want to show off!

5% products discount

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Arrrggg - I finally got around to try and order some of this lash tint, and their PayPal shopping cart seems to be on the fritz Sad
It keeps saying that the session has timed out when I hit the Pay Now button??? Tried several times and gave up.
I was at thewww.1000hour.com.au site - is this the right one?

CG
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Cowgirlzz wrote:
Arrrggg - I finally got around to try and order some of this lash tint, and their PayPal shopping cart seems to be on the fritz Sad
It keeps saying that the session has timed out when I hit the Pay Now button??? Tried several times and gave up.
I was at thewww.1000hour.com.au site - is this the right one?

CG

I just PMd you with an alternate website to order from.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

I just PMd you with an alternate website to order from.

Thank you, I PM'ed you back Smile
CG
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone PM me with the alternate website also. I've been dying to try this stuff on my lashes.

For anyone that dyes their brows, how do you keep the dye from getting on your skin? My brows aren't very dense/thick so I have spaces between hairs and keep getting dye on my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
mom2eloise wrote:
For anyone that dyes their brows, how do you keep the dye from getting on your skin? My brows aren't very dense/thick so I have spaces between hairs and keep getting dye on my skin.
Professionals tell you to use vaseline, but I personally prefer using shampoo as a barrier. Just swipe on a THICK layer of el cheapo shampoo (save your expensive stuff for washing your hair!) around the perimeter of your brows -- if the dye should migrate outside of your brow hairs, the shampoo keeps it from penetrating and staining your skin.

I also use the shampoo trick when tinting my hair, as I LOATHE getting shampoo near my hairline! I do NOT recommend using shampoo as the "barrier" when tinting your lashes though!

FYI - if you want a blue-black lash tint kit, I have a couple extras I'm willing to part with (I always order at least 6 kits each time so I have extras for EDS or MUA members) -- just PM to work out the details.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be tinting my lashes tonight for the first time, with many thanks to CareKate! I understand how/why to use the Vaseline, but do you also place Kleenex or paper towels over the Vaseline? Thanks a lot.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I also use the shampoo trick when tinting my hair, as I LOATHE getting shampoo near my hairline!
Whoops - that'll teach me to be in a hurry! I loathe getting VASELINE near my hairline so shampoo is a great alternative!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:
I understand how/why to use the Vaseline, but do you also place Kleenex or paper towels over the Vaseline?
Some do (hence the little pattern on the instruction sheet for you to make cutouts from papertowels), but I don't bother. I just use vaseline and -- with my trusty eye-shadow sponge-tipped applicator -- get it as close to my lashline as possible without getting the vaseline on the lashes themselves.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
cedar wrote:
I understand how/why to use the Vaseline, but do you also place Kleenex or paper towels over the Vaseline?
Some do (hence the little pattern on the instruction sheet for you to make cutouts from papertowels), but I don't bother. I just use vaseline and -- with my trusty eye-shadow sponge-tipped applicator -- get it as close to my lashline as possible without getting the vaseline on the lashes themselves.

Ahhhh, I was just going to ask how you avoid getting it on your lashes...that's my problem.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I finally got my lash tint in the mail. I could swear that I had DARK BROWN before but what came was BROWN BLACK. Is this going to be ok for my brows? I use blue balck for lashes and dark brown for brows. did they change the name of brown and is it too dark for brows? Anyone use this color before for lashes????

HELP!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
I finally got my lash tint in the mail. I could swear that I had DARK BROWN before but what came was BROWN BLACK. Is this going to be ok for my brows? I use blue balck for lashes and dark brown for brows. did they change the name of brown and is it too dark for brows? Anyone use this color before for lashes????

HELP!
Given the fact that it took so long for you to get your order (because it was out of stock and PP was waiting on the distributor/manufacturer), my guess would be that they renamed that 1000 Hours renamed the dark brown to black/brown because they did the same thing to my blue/black (at one point they called it "midnight blue" then the package said "blue/black" and currently the package just says "blue" but it's all the same shade). Perhaps you could email 1000 Hours themselves and ask....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well the last time I emailed them with a question, it took 10 days for a response so I thought I'd get quicker answers here.

Hoping someone use the black brn on brows and came out ok.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to order the 1000 Hour Lash and was wondering if anyone could recommend what color I should get. I have light blonde hair, fair complexion, brown salon-tinted eyebrows (true color is blonde) and I wear brown/black mascara. Would the blue/black color for my eyelashes be too dark? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I am going to order the 1000 Hour Lash and was wondering if anyone could recommend what color I should get. I have light blonde hair, fair complexion, brown salon-tinted eyebrows (true color is blonde) and I wear brown/black mascara. Would the blue/black color for my eyelashes be too dark? Thanks!

I would go for blue/black. That's what I use. Before I ever used it I was worried that it might be too dramatic and dark on me but it's perfect. It just depends upon how subtle you want it. For instance when I go out at night with friends or dates I still use mascara for a more dramatic effect. (What I am trying to say is that blue/black isn't that dramatic if you are worried about going too far with lash coloring.)

HTH.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
can anybody provide a before and after? or maybe just an after?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Radius pharmacy lists both Midnight Blue and Blue/Black as color choices. Are these both the same thing or do I specifically want the Blue/Black??

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Amnis!

I will try out the blue/black. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
You guys have sold me on this product. The blue black seems to be the most popular. The picture on their website though really makes your lashes look blue...is that the case? I don't want "blue" eyelashes that remind me of the blue eyeliner I wore in the 80's! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
anixia wrote:
Radius pharmacy lists both Midnight Blue and Blue/Black as color choices. Are these both the same thing or do I specifically want the Blue/Black??

Blue/Black = Midnight Black = Blue

rcascone wrote:
You guys have sold me on this product. The blue black seems to be the most popular. The picture on their website though really makes your lashes look blue...is that the case? I don't want "blue" eyelashes that remind me of the blue eyeliner I wore in the 80's! Smile

The Blue/black just makes your lashes more glossy than using just black. The picture is a bit disconcerting, I know, but take my word for it, you won't end up with bright blue lashes!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Because you are Asian, your hair (assuming you’ve never color-treated it) is also naturally such a pure jet black with a midnight blue sheen when you view it in the sunlight because it has absolutely no red tones in it. And the overall effect is, quite simply, stunning!!

How come my hair which is pretty black shines with red tone in it (like mahogany) in the sun? Never been color treated. And I'm Asian.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
carekate wrote:
Because you are Asian, your hair (assuming you’ve never color-treated it) is also naturally such a pure jet black with a midnight blue sheen when you view it in the sunlight because it has absolutely no red tones in it. And the overall effect is, quite simply, stunning!!

How come my hair which is pretty black shines with red tone in it (like mahogany) in the sun? Never been color treated. And I'm Asian.
Huh. Is there any chance that you have some Caucasian blood in your lineage somewhere? That would be the only explanation I could think of, if you've never color-treated or permed your hair.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |