Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Intensifying Mascara...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:08 am      Reply with quote
If you are happily walking or frolicking through the store and you happen to stumble across this seemingly innocent looking unwieldy tube of mascara... RUN!! Quickly!! Don't even think about it, just run!

It's awful! And I'm not even a big mascara buff! Sad

The most recent Victoria's Secret mail promo that I received was for a free tube of that Very Sexy Intensifying Mascara. I was currently out of black mascara, which I don't wear that often (mmm... brownish black...) so I figured what the hell.

This stuff is crap. Utter crap. First off, the brush is bigger than Mabelline's Great Lash brush and has more bristles on it. But the bristles are so thin and dense that they don't even comb through your lashes to get the product on it (let alone evenly.) Using it felt like using one of those test tube cleaners that have a cylinder of white bristles attached to a twisted metal base to enhance my lashes. Needless to say, the product didn't get even coverage and looked clumpy and splotchy, and I had a helluva time unclumping my lashes at work (I sometimes put my mascara on at work, I don't know why I wait that long) without having a lash comb available. I spent about 10 minutes working on them and they never looked good. Some places would look thick on the base, but not on the tip, and vice versa, and there wasn't an easy way to even out the application.

The mascara on the other hand didn't bleed at all and stayed in place like it should for the rest of the day, but I felt goofy looking because of how crappily it coats. I didn't lose any lashes, fortunately, but they did break in a couple of places and now I'm still trying to do damage control.

*twitch*

Even though I'll spend a lot on make-up and skincare, I deliberately don't spend much on mascara anymore because I'm more inclined to throw it away every 30 days before it dries out (and causes my lashes to get damaged more easily.) If I spend $30 on a product, I'll try to use it until it runs out. The VS mascara is only $11, which would be convenient if it rocked, but it doesn't.
Mabsy

Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:46 am      Reply with quote
-rusalka- wrote:
If you are happily walking or frolicking through the store and you happen to stumble across this seemingly innocent looking unwieldy tube of mascara... RUN!! Quickly!! Don't even think about it, just run!

Laughing Thanks for the warning.

I'm sorry you find yourself in the position of having to do damage control Sad I'm still in damage control over my last mascara experiment so I know how you feel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm like you, I don't like to spend much on mascara because more times than not I am utterly disappointed and end up throwing the tube away after a few uses. Why can't someone create the ULTIMATE mascara? If anyone finds it, please let me know.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
Why can't someone create the ULTIMATE mascara? If anyone finds it, please let me know.
You know, there used to be a website where you could submit your list of specifications for the ultimate mascara, and this company would custom-make a formula containing your criteria just for you. And, if I remember correctly, it really wasn’t all that expensive...I believe the price was about the same as you’d expect to pay for a tube of department-store mascara (i.e.: Lancome, YSL, Clinique, Chanel, etc).

My personal ultimate mascara would be water-resistant/proof, a lengthening and curling formula with a curved spooly-wand and would be dark burgundy or eggplant (read: purple!!) in color. I never did end up ordering my personal ultimate mascara because something else came along that distracted my (fickle) attention...I wish I could remember the name of the website, but maybe you can google and find it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I foundwww.reflect.com but it isn't working on my computer. Maybe if you can get it to work for you, this was the site.?.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Man, that review was hysterical. Thanks for heads up. I shall continue to only purchase undies and the like when I'm at Vicky's and steer clear of mascara.

I too am always on the hunt for the mascara that is the be all end all. How rich would I be if I could find it?! Ah, the possibilities.

My ultimate mascara should curl, (and stay curled), lengthen, thicken, look natural, be water resistant, smudge proof, but easy to remove. Now is THAT too much to ask?

I think Carrie mentioned in a recent post the complete unfairness that men have when it comes to lashes. My DH has the most gorgeous fringy, black, perfect lashes - top and bottom....grrrrr.......that's just not right.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I can’t remember if I ever shared this with you guys before, but one day I called Victoria’s Secret to place a catalog order when they were having one of their “semi-annual bra events” and the customer service rep-chick who answered my call said *hand on my heart, swear to God* “Thank you for calling...my name is Clitoria, how may I help you today?” It doesn’t happen very often, but at that moment I was rendered completely speechless and totally forgot who I was calling and why I had called....

Oh, and Faith? I think that was the website I was talking about because it sounds familiar.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |