Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pics with aromaleigh
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
so this morning i decided i really liked my makeup. i just got some eyeshadow samples from aromaleigh and am wearing wine frost with baby frost in the pictures...also wearing the foundation which suits my skintone perfect. I hope i dont look conceited posting pictures...im not, i just want to give people an idea of what line is like...

i look a little weird in some pictures...but i hardly had 4 hours of sleep, and you can sort of tell hehe. thats all:P

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
yeah,nice shade... Wink You look verry much like a frind of mine.... Very Happy
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Don't care for the reddish color on anyone! It really does makes a person look tired! I think neutrals would look good with your coloring.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think it looks really very nice, somehow I couldn't imagine you in neutrals!! Your skin is gorgeous too, purpleturtle!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think it really makes you eye colour look amazing, especially in the first pic! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
im pretty fair so wearing neutral colors...particularly browns makes me look horrid. I love wearing vibrant colors on my eyes to bring them out..and im very happy that i can find them in mineral makeups. its funny because im fanatic on any red in my skin, though i dont think twice about wearing or putting red or pink on my eyes...just dont like it in my skin:/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I always thought that wearing red or certain shades of pink too close to one’s eye would make one look like one is suffering from pink-eye but after looking at PurpleTurtle’s pix, I have to revise my opinion and say that I guess ladies with certain skin and eye color can pull it off (i.e.: I don’t think it would work well on someone with very pale hair, eyes and lashes/brows for the above-named reason) and I admire your courage for trying something new.

I guess all that’s left to say is to remember that in all those fashion/beauty magazine do’s & don’ts columns, that they say when one is wearing very strong eye colors that the rest of the face should be done in neutrals so that your look doesn’t become overpowering. I’m thinking back to some of the looks we tried to pull off back in the 80s with heavy pink and purple eyeshadow and bright fuscha lips and have to agree that it always looks better to emphasize one or the other but not both at the same time unless you want to frighten small children and animals!!

Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is that those colors actually look very nice on you, so bravo!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
carekate-

I definitely agree that some people cannot pull that off. I dye my hair, and darken my eyebrows (Which are naturally blonde), so if i didn't put the eyeliner on, darken the eyebrows or keep the rest of my hair up i would look a bit ugly with that shade of eyeshadow. I'm a bit of a follower of paula begoun (Paula's choice), but even she disagrees that being daring with shades is a good thing. If you can pull it off, that is great. But some people don't look right with it...on the other hand, if you do, it gives more courage to ladies out there to try something new:)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Purpleturtle! I think your makeup looks deliberate (not tired) and sassy Wink Stylized looks are fun.

I've learned a lot from Paula, even though I disagree with probably 50% of what she promotes. (Inadequate sunscreen protection; silicones are good for oily skin (NOT!); 80's-style, newcaster-ish heavy makeup application with unsophisticated color choices in her line; the list goes on.) But I do like that she has taught me to think critically about skin/makeup/beauty in general, and to make an effort to understand the ingredients list.

I do look like I have pink-eye if I wear pink eyeshadow! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I recently emailed cosmeticscop.com about a new edition of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter..." and they said they are not publishing another edition, that you just have to subscribe to their e-newsletter for updates. So now I guess I'll go buy the old edition Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow...I think it's exotic looking.....very pretty for the right occasion. And, although I don't know you, your screen name and haircut give me the impression that you may be somewhat daring, bold, outgoing, individualistic, and this color fits your personality and sense of style. This shade somewhat reminds me of Chanel Fluid Iridescent eyeshadow in BAY, an orangish color, which I abosultely adore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I was actually wondering when she was going to come out with a new edition:( I have the latest one..my sister gave it to me for x-mas. I disagree with her as well on some topics...she does not seem very keen on mineral makeups..which, after trying them i absolutely could never go back to trying a liquid on my skin. eek! I just enjoy the ingredient list she puts in the back of the book and her knowledge of them. If i didnt have such sensitive skin i suppose it wouldnt matter as much; my skin has never looked better though Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I love that color! And what a great idea to take pics of it so we can all see what the results are! Maybe I will be inspired to post some of my own when my organic makeup company order arrives. Smile
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes its a great idea posting up pics, purple turtle I love your look, pics of people wearing Jane Iredale would be good Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Now I'm getting off topic . . .

Purpleturtle, I'm with you on the mineral makeups vs. Paula. Also she says that the SPF in liquid makeup is adequate sun protection - also recommends oily gals wear liquid makeup! And she seems to think that ALL essential oils are bad. Now, I do think that there are a LOT of EO's out there that are bad and that I don't want to put on my skin. But there are a FEW that are good - and it's absolutely infuriating when she writes in a review, "contains plant extracts which are potentially irritating" without telling us which ones so we can make an informed decision for ourselves.

I do love the ingredients list - I actually wrote to her company and asked if they could just publish the ingredients list so I could take it with me shopping, as there's no way I'm lugging that beast around. I'd look like even more of a geek . . .

But I have learned a lot from her books and website. I appreciate the research she does and her efforts to inform consumers about the industry and clinical evidence in general.

But I'm still holding out for a 7th edition!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
She has never done an opinion on my sunscreen...skinceuticals physical SPF 30..which does have plant extracts...i get so paranoid thinking that they are bad for my skin because of her. But when i looked at them in her ingredient list, a lot of them were just used as thickeners..strange. I've read her section on sunscreen and am surprised she would consider an SPF in a foundation to be alright for protection. She knows that some sunscreens are photostable and some aren't...i think maybe she just doesnt push it as much as she should. But i think its imperative everyone should do research of their own on sunscreen. Not many people even know what a liberal amount is! Poor people..

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use the same sunscreen (until I can upgrade to one of BadBird's recommended imports!) It's way greasy, but the titanium/zinc is very soothing to my skin when it's reactive and flared up and angry red. No, she hasn't rated it - that's why we need a 7th ed, since there are so many new products always coming on the market!

I would also like to hear her reviews on the IS Clinical line (I requested a review via email!) - I know she'd have a few choice words about the Active Serum since it has menthol. Menthol is probably a very bad idea for hyper-sensitive skin like yours - but my kind of skin sensitivity is different from yours, and menthol is okay for me (while regular Cetaphil is bad for me, yet good for you.) She makes no differentiation between the different types of skin sensitivities when it comes to rating products, and that drives me nuts!

I understand she can't make skin-specific recommendations for each and every product - just wish she wouldn't make quite so many blanket statements.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
What is your skin sensitivities? breakouts? The sunscreen is loaded with silicone and the titanium definitely together with that could cause someone with oilier skin to breakout. My skin works well with it; and i dont get nasty heat rashes like i did when i used sunscreen with avobenzone. Nothing sexier than coming home from a day in outside and seeing red patches all over your face! I've been dying to try sunscreens with better ingredients; unfortunately, i use mineral makeup and even if i didn't, i am very much afraid it would aggravate my skin. so im stuck with mineral sunscreens:( Hmm, you email her asking her for reviews? I should ask her what she thinks of the physical formula...thanks:)!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:11 am      Reply with quote
There is a function on her website where you can request a product review. No guarantees, of course.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Purpleturtle -- you are all Gauthier catwalk and calendar girl! Your cheekbones are just magnificent!!....so much so that if I were you, I might be inclined to extend my brow slightly outward and upward (at least outward a bit more)....but just a bit... your eyes are just gorgeous and I think I'd be inclined to take advantage of your brows justa bit more (just so that they don't have to compete with those crowd-drawing cheekbones of yours!) At any rate, thanks for posting the pics - you are a gorgeous doll (I can't get over your bone structure!!) and I always appreciate getting to see pics of forum members!
Pudoodles
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Aww, thank you so much for the compliment pudoodles! I darken my eyebrows...and it was 8am in that picture..i was very tired..normally when i have more time i extend them outward more indeed. I used to be insecure about my bone structure until about 3 years ago...some people tell me i remind them of kirsten dunst, which im not sure how to take considering I don't find her all too attractive. They say i sound like her and when i smile the dimples and cheekbones remind them of her...erg Crying or Very sad I will definitely take your advice and spend more time on defining my brows;-)

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |