Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Breakout Busters! - How do you deal with them?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
For me, the best way to deal with a break out is to take a completely gentle and natural approach.

When my skin starts to flare, I will go on a 3 day juice cleanse. When juciing though, I will mix vegetables (celery, cucumber, spinach) with the more sugary ones likes carrots and apples.

I drink 5 different concotions each day, and nothing else. It's hard i know Smile. (Well I also take some fresh fruits, seeds, etc if I'm hungry. just nothing cooked and no meat)

During the breakout period, I also wash my face really gently 2-3 times day with just a soothing lotion and water. (I use dermalogica ultracalming cleanser). Apart from sunscreen, I won't put anything else on my face. Maybe some mineral make up to cover up if needed.

If my face is hurting with a breakout, I won't exfoliate either. Just get's it more angry. The best way to wash your face is to treat it like soft jelly. be really really really gentle.

Drink lots of water, distilled is the best, (boiled water is dead water) just like when you have the flu.

The most important thing though, is not to fret about it! Go for some light excersice (nothing too vigorous though as it can stimulate more hormones) in the mornings and evenings and let the blood flow to your face.

When I do this, my breakout gets better in no time at all Very Happy.

Of course, when it gets better, try your best not to let it come back again! =D

(PS: I am on this supplement called clear pores. I got it about a month or so ago and promised to tell you all how it is going. Well, I am not sure whether it is this which is helping to keep my breakouts to a minimum or my new lifestyle habits. Either way, I must say that with this clear pores thing, i have much lesser breakouts and my pimples heal much faster. Although it has not cleared my skin completely, I think it has played a major role in prevention. Its supposed to be an acne free guarentee in two months or you will get your money back. Well, i'm going on it for two months and if it does not make me 100% clear, i'll try to get the refund. But i have my hopes on it Smile Either way, i'll let you guys know again at the end of the 2 months. If its good or if its bad and if you can really get a refund. http://www.clearpores.com
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
sometimes i think it's so hard to keep up a good routine of healthy eating.

when my skin clears up, i am really happy and start eating all this junk food Sad and then it gets a bit bumpy here and there, but i can't pinpoint it to anything in particular - was it those burgers, or takeaways, or is it the 'friend'.

and believe it or not, most doctors (every one i've been to, even the dermatologist) says diet has NOTHING to do with skin condition.

but somethings gotta give right? i find that eating healthy = feeling better = clearer skin...
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:03 am      Reply with quote
oh and i'm wondering about that clear pore stuff you're taking..

on the ingredients page on the website, it says it's 100% natural, and lists a bunch of herbs.. is that ALL that is in the pill, or are there more ingredients?

if you dont mind, could you give me a list of the ingredients?
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:55 am      Reply with quote
hey mira,

its ingredients are exactly as listed on the website. however, other ingredients are:

Partially Hydrogenated Cotton Seed Oil, Kosher, NF, Magnesium Sterate, Gelatin Capsule

However these are not listed under the 1500mg proprietary blend and are in smaller print. hmm.

hope this helps!

cheers,
tynkerbell!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I thought I would add my two cents since I have been dealing with sensitive acne for the last 5 years. Before that my skin was great, great!!

I have a strong educational background in Holistic health & Esthetics.
In my reasearch and trying everything on myself I have reduced the regular flare ups to maybe 90% Clear!!!!!!!!!!

My tips, why do we break out. So many reasons especially being woman we are more sensitive to hormone fluctuations and our digestion is weaker than mens. Stress is also a huge factor.

If you tend to break out around your jaw & chin this is hormonally related, cheeks definitly digestive and forhead can be more colon toxicity.

I used to break out everywher so I try to eat healthy as little fatty foods as possible, sugar is also the devil.

There is a company called New Chapters I started taking their Tumeric & Holy Basil -I take around 2-3 caps of the tumeric a day and 2 of the basil and this has reduced the inflammaiton and breakouts a lot.

Prodcuts: I have tried so many from Bioelements, Dermalogica, Dr. hauschka, Jurlique, Yonka, Biologique Recherche and many other lines out there.

I find a happy balance using more of a naturally based (Jurlique products: Tea Tree face wash, Rose Water freshener, calanedula cream mixed with Juvenile from YOnka in the day and at night I used medicated clearing gel from Dermalogica or Skin Renewal booster. I have to say these are my holy grail. What a difference!!
I love skin care and especially problem skin conditions, feel free to ask me questions on products or supplements I am more than happy to give advice. Everyones skin is different so there are different things that seem to work for different people.

Feliz
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
If i have acne on my cheeks and forehead, what should i do?
shirl
5% products discount

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz,
Can you tell me how to order from New
chapters I? I couldn't find them on line. thanks for any info. Shirley
glistenxz
5% products discount

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I break out on my forehead and cheeks too, just like you, tynkerbell, so what should I do Feliz?

blah. breakout sucks :X

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tynkerbell & Shirl,
www.newchapter.info you can find their products at Wholefoods, Capers and should be in most larger supplement stores. I also take the Every Woman Multi Vitamin. I have tried so many herbal products over the years and have to say I am so sold on this line, wow. You will feel the results.

Acne on the cheeks and forhead. Cystic acne in woman is usually caused from Androgen hormones which is relased from stress. They act like testoterone and around stressful times you will break out more. THis one I know all to well. UNfortuanatly there is not a lot externally you can use to reduce such internal disharmony. FOr stress the Holy Basil product has worked wonders for me, and I have to pay full price as well.

Smaller, inflamed acne is most likely digestive disorders most often due to food intolerance. You would benefit from watching what aggravates it, foods, emotions, products. I found all deep fried, oily, buttery foods were so bad. Ofcourse I am not 100% strict but pay the price when I indulge. Dairy (cheese, milk, yogurt), wheat, all could be causing you problems in your digestive tract. Taking some type of fiber really helps, not laxitive but fiber.
New Chapter Tumeric as I said is my favorite products as it works to cleanse the blood and liver as well as strengthening your blood (all women need this). Probiotics are also important due to too many antibiotics and stuff. Natren has the best product yet you do pay for it in Canada, the U.S it is more affordable. Probiotics will help the digestion and absorption of nutrients. I have taken a lot of these products and seen changes.

Externally - products (I admit I love products and try try try them I do) as I seem to do a lot of persoanlly reserch into ingredients, what they are and how they work I have learned a little over the years.
Salisilic acid works really well in conjunction with natural products.
The acne line from Bioelements worked wonders for my skin, wow, cleared my acne in three months clear, yet due to the strength of the products they did aggravate my sensitive skin. So you would benefit from trying samples of products like Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel at night.
Products are so personal to each individual it is difficult to just say use this, if you want results fast use stronger products. If you are sensitive mix more natural products.

I tried for years to use only Jurlique or Dr. Hauschka, living Nature or other "organic" natural products - did not help my acne. I tried stronger products and they damaged my skin by increasing couperose.

Yonka's Juvenile is nice to mix into a natural cream like Jurlique Calendula cream, this works well. Dr.H Clarifying toner is one of my favorite, facial steam and Clay mask.

I hope this helps, if you want more specific let me know exactly what type of skin you have and type of acne.

Feliz
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I found that I had food intollerences and my skin improved after cutting out all Dairy and wheat products. Anything containing yeast also irritates my stomach.
I take a multivitamin with high B vitamin content (due to being on the pill), Zinc, Bacteria capsules and fish oils every day.
I love Dr Hauschka rejuvenating face mask for when I get a breakout, a layer of this on the affected area works wonders.
Oh and lots of water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I breakout mostly around my jawline and on the neck area near to jaw and on my cheeks towards my ears...and am pretty sure it is hormonal. Any idea what can I do?Thx
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mithai

Rosebud has good advice because these things help acne.

The jaw is definitly hormonally related. You will have to see if it is from the pill or if you dont use it then you could check out some natural products to help regulate your break outs. Evening Primrose oil from the company Effamol (25 year old company is the best) I have seen this help also with bad PMS. It takes at least a month to work and once it does you will see it clear up. YOu need to take 3000mg a day. The box will tell you.

This forum is product based but hormonally skin problems will not be cured by products, although I love products.
Eminence organic skin care has a 8 greens youth serum and 8 Greens Whip moist as well as mask - one of my teachers said is helped her skin more than anything and she is the worst product junkie I have ever met.

Hope this is helpful.

Feliz

Hope
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Cool Yes listen to Feliz, good advice Very Happy Cool Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I find juice-fasting really helps my skin, too. It's amazing -- I see a result during the first day! I've heard that it's hard to digest fruits and vegetables at the same time, so I avoid juicing apples with my veggies, but I do something throw in some carrots.

When you say "boiled water is dead water" what do you mean? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Hehe, personally I don't think I want my water to be alive. Wink
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:22 am      Reply with quote
lol. its actually bad. the heat kind of changes the molecular structure, making it harder to digest. the best is distilled water.

anyway, carrot is a vegetable right? a root one. so it should be alright. haha. its very hard to drink pure veggie juice as the taste is really potent and kind of bitter.

btw, after i stopped my juice fast, i got another breakout. dealing with it now. I shouldn't have reintroduced all those cooked food and fried chicken and peanut butter THAT fast.

So my tip is, after a fast, add foods back slowly, then you can see what breaks you out. the best it, go RAW! =D

so i guess i will restart this breakout buster again. Although I must say it is very hard to do a juice fast for 3 days. my willpower is just too weak and i'm afraid i will dissolve into air if i get any thinner. :s

i'm still growing so i'm extremely worried that this sort of cleansing will stun my growth. best not to overdo it Smile

but this breakout!!!!!!!!! lol.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Tynkerbell you may enjoy books by Leslie Kenton, she is a huge advocate of the Raw Diet:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-8620316-4151844

Skin Revolution is very good Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Cool (: - i can't seem to access the link though. the page says "Browser Bug?"
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

I love skin information and seem to have more than I can use. I have a wonderful web site you may both find interesting.
www.acne-advice.com

The woman is based in the UK. I bought her book and her 7 day fast really made my skin clear. I just found lack of energy eating too much raw foods as I am thin already. Her book and web site as you will see has so much information its unreal. Another you may want to look at iswww.bion-research.com the products are okay but the info on acne is the best I have found.

Acne is such a challenge in life, as you are always trying to find the balance.

Thanks also for the homemade cleansing cream, I will try it.

Feliz
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:00 am      Reply with quote
i bought the book too. was there a 7 day fast in it?
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tynkerbell,

The book has tons of information and she gives you all the foods, what they do as well as a seven day fast. You will find it very valuble as she really knows about acne. I think when people suffer chronic skin diseae they find a way that helps them.

Let me know how the Skinceuticals are for your skin, they look like good products.

Feliz
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Tynkerbell -- regarding veggie juicing, from my research I have found that carrots are perfectly fine! It's just the fruits that make it harder to digest when mixed with veggies. It is always better to take it easy when you stop the fast. You should always break fast with something very simple and easy to digest, such as fresh fruit. Take some time to work your way back to fried chicken, otherwise your body will have a worse reaction to those foods than when it does normally!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |