Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
i dunno anything.. bad skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KEnshin

Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
hi im new to this forum and i suffer from alot of skin problems... and im only 17.. i dunno whats wrong and i dunno any terms or what my skin is prone to wat. i have discoloration from acne i dunno if they will ever heal i have blackheads on my forehead that arent like the ones on my forehead and flat moles on my face...i see all these people with such great skin and i feel terrible someone help me please
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello KEnshin, and welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here too and I can relate to what you said. I'm in the process of overhauling my skin care routine because almost overnight it seems nothing seems to work anymore. You've come to the right place. Hang in there, I'm sure the forum experts will respond soon.

Meanwhile, use the search function to find threads that address your concerns - there is a wealth of info to be found. Be sure to also look up Vit C (for pigmentation issues), Dermalogica Microfoliant (exfoliator) and Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream (for blackheads, enlarged pores and congestion). There are many other products that might help you, I mention only these as I personally have seen their effectiveness.

Please describe your skin type and list the products you are now using in your next post.
Good luck! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I had the same problems as you until I used Murad's acne face wash. However, I am awfully tempted to buy Dr. H. stuff after browsing this forum. Very Happy
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:59 am      Reply with quote
well if you have bad skin, the best way i go about it is to use a gentle approach, with a good gentle exfoliater, and sunscreen. if you have badskin, i would want to keep things extremely simple and gentle until it calms down to maybe just scars, and then go about treating them.

for a good gentle exfoliater, i recommend as above has stated, dermalogica daily microfoliant. although its not cheap, trust me, it lasts a LOONG time. its been with me for 4 months or so and its still halfway left to go.

For cleanser, don't use something harsh with alcohol. I like dermalogicas ultracalming cleanser, although its not supposed to target acne bacteria or anything, i use t because i find it helps my skin heal on its own, along with the exfoliant.

if your skin is less sensitive, and you want something more intensive but non irritating, i would really consider the skinceuticals line.

i have made an order for a cleanser and the vitamin c. i'll let you know my results. take care Smile
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about your skin-I know at that age it is very hard-i guess at any age-But listen to the advice and don't over kill your face it will only make it worse. Use a gentle cleanser and exfol (don't overdo) and moisterize (even oily/bad skin needs it) Also don't pick. I know I know Iam 46yr old but my son is 17 and we are going through the same thing. He uses Dr H for oily/troubled skin and it seems to be working. Good luck
Nickle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
For me, putting moisturizer on my oily/acned skin only made things much worse. If you don't use a cleanser that strips your skin, then spot-moisturing any tight, dry areas is fine. A good sunscreen has helped my marks to fade by protecting the scar tissue from further sun damage. I also would not use products with a lot of alcohol in them. Have you seen a dermatologist?

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:46 am      Reply with quote
thank u all for replying... i will try those products and hopefully get rid of my moles too =/

and about vitamin C wat does that do for my skin? do i eat it or put it on my face?
Nickle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
and about vitamin C wat does that do for my skin? do i eat it or put it on my face?

With the Vitamin C serums that were mentioned above - it's a thick liquid that contains dissolved vitamin C that you apply to your skin to help prevent oxidative damage.

As for eating it - it's also a good idea for people with problem skin to take a multivitamin. Some people with acne also take omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil, evening primrose oil or flaxseed oil capsules) and if you're a female - calcium, and a B-vit complex if on birth control pills. These are all supposed to help with bad skin.

Have you tried any over the counter products?

Here's what I've used:

Proactiv - didn't like - I only had a temporary improvement, overall in the long run it made the problem worse.

Murad - liked the glycolic cleanser and salicylic acid acne treatment gel, but hated the moisturizer and acne spot treatment. Moisturizer caused MAJOR breakout (see my above post) and the spot treatment actually caused even worse scarring since it's so harsh.

Multiple prescription drugs: Differin, Retin-A, oral antibiotics including amoxicillin and tetracycline, prescription benzoyl peroxide plus antibiotic (Duac topical cream), topical erythromycin gel, Sulfacet-R (a prescription sulfur drying lotion that SMELLS since it's made of sulfur) - I can't remember what else.

What's working for me right now is Accutane, but this is a serious drug with major side effects that should be used only as a last resort, after you've exhausted all your other options. It's definitely not for everyone.

I would definitely go see a dermatologist if that's possible for you. I suffered with acne for too many years - but there are lots of treatment options available now.

Do like crazyskin suggested and search this forum for threads on acne, Vitamin C serums, exfoliators, etc. Also please tell us a little bit more about what your acne is like and what you are using on your skin now.

I know how bad it feels to have an acne problem - so I wish you the best! Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Also forgot - beta hydroxy acid, aka salicylic acid, is very good for acne. It's in the Murad scne treatment gel I mentioned above.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Last thing - it's probably going to take some time to figure out what will work for your skin. Unfortunately, you could read reviews forever and not find the right products - simply because everyone's skin is different, and you'll just have to try some things to see if they work for you. What works for other people may not work for you, it's a matter of trial and error, I'm afraid. I tried the YonKa Creme 15 and Juvenil, which get rave reviews on this site, and they were horrible for me. And other people have had a lot of success with things like Proactiv.

Just don't try to add too many products to your routine at once, this can induce a bad flare-up and you also won't be able to tell what's working and what isn't. Don't scour or strip your skin with harsh products either -that can also make the problem worse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
My suggestion is for you to stick with 2 products;

Dermalogica daily microfoliant &
Bioelements Quick refiner

These products last a long time and are more gentle on your wallet. You just need alittle of them.

Good luck Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |