Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Review: Jane Iredale Eye Pencil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of Jane Iredale concealers and foundations, which I think are the best and this pencil is the only colour cosmetic product I've tried.

This pencil, oh my. I glides on so smooth, like a dream! But within an hour, it's gone! I'm using Basic Brown and have tried it on it's own and with powder eyeshadow or liner to set and it still fades away. I want to know where exactly it's going! Laughing

Today, I applied a healthy line on my top lash line (I don't apply eyeliner to my bottom line) and set it with Bare Escentuals Root coloured powder liner, which I love, it matches the JI pencil perfectly but has great gold sparkles. In a thin line it looks lovely, not too showy. Within two hours, the whole works, gone! I reapplied both for good measure and again, gone by dinner time! My skin is oily but I've never had so much trouble keeping an eyeliner on my face! Well, such a high priced one anyway, at $13.50 CAD I expect it to stay put!

I hate any eyeliner that drags or that you really have to push on to show up but I guess there is a fine line between good glide and good staying power? I have an Avon Glimmerstick that cost me $3 CAD that stays longer and glides just as well though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Lolli, I used to have this problem with eye liners as I too have oily skin. I got the Bare Escentuals eye liner loose shadow in soft black and apply with the Jane Iredale eye liner brush (the one with the smudger at the other end) this is fantastic, it never smudges and stays put all day plus it is so easy to apply.
I would never go back to pencils again. There is enough in a pot to last a good 2 years Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I've found the same experience with the pencil,gone after a few hours. Its too waxy for me. I have bought many, many pencils of all brands. Right now I am trying Lancome pencil with a smuger on the other end. Nice pencil but really doesnt wear well for the 21 bucks I had to give for it! I have been thinking of lash enhancement. Any of you ever consider this too?
Happy
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Like Rosebud, since discovering MMU liners, I'll never go back to pencil. I use a liner brush by Bobbie Brown that I love, and also use an Aromaleigh sealant that helps the liner stay put!!! I know Aromaleigh doesnt' ship beyond the U.S. but using a product like Shelaq also is an excellent sealant. I also think you get a great variety of color options for liner when you use an mmu liner!

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, I do use mmu liner, it's my fav too! I do like to use a pencil first though and was amazed that the JI didn't even last with mmu liner (BE Root colour - dark brown with gold flecks) on top!

I will have to look up a sealer, that sounds like something I would totally use!

5% products discount

Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Please post a site for MMU eyeliner or sealent.
Thanks,
Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1288&searchString=SheLaq

Hi Happy, I found it at Sephora.

Btw, what do you mean by 'lash enhancement'? I didn't respond to your ? 'cause I wasn't sure what you meant.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking lash enhancement with small dots tattoo between my eyelashes. Not a heavy eyeliner tattooed on. Just a fill in then I will not be so concerned when my cosmetic eyeliner fades through out the day.
Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
happyinlandofoz wrote:
I was thinking lash enhancement with small dots tattoo between my eyelashes. Not a heavy eyeliner tattooed on. Just a fill in then I will not be so concerned when my cosmetic eyeliner fades through out the day.
Happy

I see!

I bet that would work like a charm, but I also bet it would hurt a lot!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |