Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

lip gloss that stays
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday I was flipping through my allure magazine and there was a sample of a clinique lip gloss in a really pretty red shade. I thought i'd get my lips wet for a day and give it a try, but by the 2nd hour of having it on it was dry and mostly faded. I always have better luck with matte lipsticks, and prefer a dry look. But for those who do know more about lip glosses: Can someone recommend a nice brand that has a good range of colors, while stays on a decent amount of time before having to reapply? I really liked how much it perked up my face...Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale is the only brand I've found that actually stays put for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud, does the JI lipgloss stain your lips a bit or does the gloss actually stay put too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:21 am      Reply with quote
No it doesn't stain lips, it just stays put Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:55 am      Reply with quote
It sounds lovely! I've a few lipsticks and had never wore lipgloss before this spring or so and I like glosses much better. My lips are pigmented to start with. I think I *need* a JI gloss!!!!

Purpleturtle, I'm sorry the Clinique didn't last. At MUA, Chanel Glossimers sp? get high ratings. Currently I have a Bonne Belle lipsmacker and Duwop lip venom, I'm terribly lacking in the gloss category!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I think that LipFusion (plumping) glosses stay on better than any other gloss (plumping or non-plumping) I’ve ever tried. Unfortunately, even though they have colored versions of LipFusion, they aren’t really very pigmented. For this reason, I always apply a lip stain first before I apply any lipstick or lip gloss over it. When you apply a lip stain first, it means that even after the lipstick or gloss wears off, your lips are still left with some color so you aren’t walking around with that freaky look where your lips are completely bare, but around the outline of your lips your lipstick has collected there leaving you with a dark ring....I’ve course, that happens to be one of my number one pet peeves about makeup: women who wear dark lipliner and pale lipstick – I call it the Pamela Anderson/Posh Beckham look, and it ain’t pretty!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Doh, I can't believe I forgot my Lipfusion, it does last but do you find it sticky, Carrie? I don't reach for it as often as others. I also have Plump Lip Plump gloss which is clear and quite sticky too.

What is it about the dark liner, totally outside the lip line and light lipstick?? Do they look in the mirror and think this looks good? So strange...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Carecate...what lipstain do you use? I've been trying to find a somewhat natural lipstain, but have had no luck.. Sad

Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:03 am      Reply with quote
The ones from smashbox are good. Good combination of pigment and gloss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:47 am      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
Carecate...what lipstain do you use? I've been trying to find a somewhat natural lipstain, but have had no luck.. Sad Very Happy
I've tried nearly all of them and the best that I've used are by Vincent Longo, called "Cheek & Lip Gel Stain." If you do a search here on the forum using "Vincent Longo" and "CareKate" as the keywords, you'll find where I posted detailed info about these lip stains. Vincent Longo products are available at Sephora and Ulta stores and websites.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |