Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Products that changed your life?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
When I was a preteen, I was so lost and felt so awkward. I knew NOTHING about makeup, hair stuff, or skin care. I used stuff from Walmart because I didnt know any better. I have been SO agitated with flaws I find in myself that completely disappear when I find the right products. For me, the things that changed my life are:

MAC Eye Pencil in Ebony. When I discovered that I look 100x better wearing eyeliner, I had no clue that my CoverGirl was the worst of the worst. It rubbed off within 5 minutes of application. Besides figuring out that you should heat up the eyeliner right before applying it, I discovered this eyeliner stays on all day and I've been using it for years.

Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser. I still have memories of using the scrub pads from Walmart for $4, scrubbing as hard as I could to get the zits to go away but all it created was redness. Embarassed I basically never ever break out anymore when I use this regularly.

Frederic Fekkai Straight Away. A little dollop of this on your palms, rub it through your hair and it really helps keep your hair STRAIGHT! I have very wavy hair that I flat iron daily and this actually works.

Sedu Flat Iron. I cannot praise this enough. I ordered it from folica.com for $120-$150.. don't remember the exact price. It gets my hair perfectly straight. It isn't cheap, but I flat iron every day so I need it. Which brings me to my next item...

BedHead Treat Me Right. This is a peppermint-scented deep-conditioning mask that I use twice a week and it feels like I never dyed it or used heat on it in my life. I bleach my hair blonde, and it makes it feel great!

Benefit Boi-ing. It's an undereye concealer that completely eliminates dark circles for me. I wear it daily. Wish I could find something to take care of the puffiness though!

Origins Clear Improvement. This is a charcoal face mask that will get every little annoying thing out of your pores and make your face feel SOO soft! I leave it on for about 20 minutes then rinse it off with a warm washcloth. This is heaven. Smile

Post your best of the best, can't live without products here so maybe others will be unable to live without them either. Wink
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm that Origins Clear Improvement looks like something I may have to try Wink

well here goes, these are my every day holy grails:

HOMEMADE DR HAUSCHKA CLEANSING CREAM - Whilst I still like the original version I hate having to use a seperate make-up remover, the homemade costs me next to nothing to make up a months worth and my skin looks fantastic after using this, all my pores have reduced and my skin is a lot clearer.

JOJOBA OIL/DR HAUSCHKA NORMALISING DAY OIL - Now I like to switch between these 2. The Jojoba is a better day oil for ultra oily skin days and better under sunscreen, I also use it for removing eye make-up at the end of the day. The Dr H is better for days when my skin is not as oily and I love the smell.

WITCH HAZEL - Where would I be without this??? Great for problem skin, blemishes and pores and inexpensive, I can also add other ingredients if I wish.

BARE ESCENTUALS EYE LINER - The powder is so much better than pencils, no more eye irritation ever again, stays put all day, easy to apply and lasts forever.....no more sharpening Wink

DR HAUSCKA REJUVENATING FACE MASK - Great as an intensive moisturiser during the day to brighten up the complexion or as a spot treatment overnight.

JANE IREDALE MAKE-UP BRUSHES - Why did I not discover these earlier, I love the Handi and am going to buy another, the eye brushes are good too. These are so good that I gave all my MAC brushes to my sister!!!!

There is more I could write about here but it will just be pages long Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
When I switched over to eating mostly organic and natural foods, and taking away all toxins from my environment (by using natural substitutes for everything from laundry-detergent to shampoo), I really started seeing a dramatic difference in my skin...not to mention my health! (I have not been to a doctor in over 5 years!)

So skincare...
CLEANSERS: I love dr. H Cleansing cream, but also like to use a nice cleansing milk, such as Eminence organics. I don't like to use any kind of soaps since they actually make me break out or dry out (even though my skin tends to be oily). The Jane Iredale magic mitt has been great to use as an extra buffer when removing cleansing creams and make-up.

TONERS: I love the Caudalie beauty elixir, but it really is too expensive. I use it mostly on special occations nowadays, and settle for rubbing in a few drops of organic tea tree oil and ylang-ylang oil into my skin.

PREP: I have had amazing results recently with Bioelements quick refiner and also the Alphaderma prep.

MOISTURISER: After prep, I use the Alphaderma C&C serum, then ADCE & Okusil. I have also used Jurliques herbal recovery gel and eye gel...I prefer gels to creams, since make-up stays put (on my skin) all day and I won't look all greasy. It took me some time to realise that if I prepped my skin good, make-up would stay ALL day without needing touch-up (and I live in hot and humid Miami!).

MAKE-UP: The Jane Iredale pressed powder is truely amazing. It's fast, georgeous and stays put. I like to use it with the flocked sponge. Then my trick to look naturally fresh: BLUSH... I put blush on the top of my cheeks, some on my nose, chin, forehead and the crease between my eyes and eyebrows. It makes a huge difference! I set the make-up by sraying some toner on top. Clear lip-gloss is really all you need if you do the blush thing correctly. I finish my make-up by putting very little of the JI cream to shadow liner by my eyelash-line, and some eyeshadow in brown over that to set it for a waterproof all day look. I've completely stopped using mascara.

SELF-ESTEEM: It took me a long time to realise that I had my own unique natural beauty and instead of trying to look like someone else, I learned to enhance what I was naturally given. My morning-rutine changed from putting on a mask to hide, to just appreciate myself and being grateful. I am so happy and so blessed to look the way I look and love to love myself. It has made me smile constantly, and I met the man of my dreams! Smiling is the cheapest and best face-lift you can get. A smile takes peoples impression of you beyond your looks, and it's contageous!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your responses. Is the Dr. H cleansing cream good for oily/acne prone skin?
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes...especially for oilyskin I'd say...it really balances it out. Try a sample and see what you think Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Happyhippie I agree so much about the Self Esteem, I am always drawn to happy, confident people no matter what they look like.
In fact when people are positive, fun to be around and have good self esteem I never notice any flaws or what make-up they are wearing but I always remember the personality.
Smiling takes years off you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Rosebud,

If you dont mind could you share your homemade cleansing cream with us?? I am always on the look out to try something new.

Hello Happyhippie,

I agree with your lifestyle changes,and positive self esteem - they make a huge difference. I am impressed with your product combination. Let me know what gel moisturizer you have found that keeps you skin matte. I tend to get quite oily by mid afternoon. I have used oil control products but they seem to dry the heck out of my skin.

Have you tried the absence from JI to help reduce oil before using the make-up??

Keep me posted, this forum is so interesting.

Feliz
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Feliz!

To keep skin matte:

I've found a regime that's a combination, and it's also what each person prefers. I'd start with a good cleanser- something that does not strip your skin of it's natural oils. This is important since otherwise your skin will feel dried out and go into sebum (it's own oil) production. That's why alot of people feel great after they've cleansed their skin with a harsh cleanser and applied make-up, but after a few hours look completely greasy. I like to use a cleansing-milk such as Alphaderma or Eminence Organics (more expensive, but more natural) and then Dr. H Cleansing Cream (I leave it on for a minute to really cleanse the pores). Alot of people also love the Dermalogica microfoliant.

Toner: Which hazel works, Caudalie Beauty Elixir is amazing at closing pores and mattefying the face- but sooooo expensive...so tea tree oil and/or ylang-ylang essential oils work great (just rub a few drops in your hands, then all over your face, these oils balance the skin too).

Then to moisturiser...I like prepping with a gel like Alphadermas prep or the amazing Bioelements quick refiner (it really is quick at refining pores!) and then use a C-serum (used to use cellex-C, but switched to Alphadermas C&C because I like the gel-like texture better). That's really all you need during the day, but sometimes I also use Jurliques Herbal Recovery gel or ADCE on top for extra anti-oxidants.

I put the Jane Iredale pressed powder on top of this and if I need it to be really matte, long-lasting and silk-like, I use Jurliques Rose silk powder on top. It's also great to "set" make-up with spritzing a toner over it (like pure which hazel).

This combination has worked for me...I rearly have breakouts anymore and my skin is more balanced and healthier looking every day.

Good luck Very Happy
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:46 am      Reply with quote
What I use is my homemade cleansing cream:
First of all I estimate everything so am not sure of exact measurements Embarassed
*Ground almonds
*Kaolin Clay - not too much of this as it can be a little too drying, it is fantastic for soaking up oil.
*Grapeseed oil
*whatever essential oils take your fancy, I like lemon, lavender and ylang ylang or tea tree

I also added some
*neem oil to my last batch, I had loads to use up and it's a very powerful anti-bacterial/ant-fungal.
*Caster oil, this soaks up oil very well so you only need a little.

The cleanser I make is out of everything I use the product I like the best (yes even better than Dr H Rejuv face mask!). I also find that toning and using Jojoba oil as a moisturiser on days when I know I am going to be very oily keeps my skin looking normal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:59 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin and Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream has been a Godsend!

Also, Aubrey Organics shampoos have changed my life -- specifically the Calaguala Fern Shampoo.
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Happyhippie!!!!
I absolutely LOVE your attitude!!!!
I totally agree that good self-esteem is the best beauty boost one can get.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Although I like many ingredients the only one I can say that "changed my life" was vit C serums. After diet caused me to believe that I could improve my skin I tried many of the popular wrinkle creams starting with the peptide set. NOTHING. Then I tried Skinceuticals 20 and after about 3 months I noticed that my smile line had a 1/2" gapof NO LINE AT ALL!

I suppose it made me go crazy testing each ingredient!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi there!
THe following didn't change my life but they certained influenced the way I feel about my appearance in a positive way and made me believe that not everything out there is crap Laughing
#1 - vitamin C serum
#2 - Strivectin SD
#3 - Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer
#4 - Elizabeth Arden Pink Vibrations Lipstick
....of course there's Dr. HCC and a host of other feel-good goodies....but the aforementioned are the first that come to mind....As for changing my life -- hands-down, Mr. Pudoodles - complete eye candy and such a calm spirit, good friend and supporter that I sometimes forget he's my husband!!
Pudoodles
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:30 am      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
BedHead Treat Me Right. This is a peppermint-scented deep-conditioning mask that I use twice a week and it feels like I never dyed it or used heat on it in my life. I bleach my hair blonde, and it makes it feel great!
In case you're interested in saving a bit of money, did you know that Sally’s Beauty stores carries a line of products called “Beyond the Zone” which are identical to many BedHead products, but only cost around five bucks each? If you want to check it out, I believe this item is the equivilent of your “Treat Me Right” hair mask: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/6100/140712 I actually own many of the BTZ products and have found them to perform just as well as their high-dollar counterparts....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I can't say that any skincare product has changed my life. There is only one product that springs to mind that has really made a major difference to my skin and that is Decleor Baume Essentiel. Wouldn't be without it.
I'm using a Vitamin C serum but I've yet to experience that 'wow' factor that other people seem to get with it. I'll upgrade to the 20% serum once I've finished with my current 10%. Hopefully, I'll get better results with that. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
No skin care product will change my life. However the products that have changed my skin:

AlphaDermaCE
Mineral Prep
JB C&C
IS Clinical Firming Complex
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
let me preface this post with the following: my skin gets irritated very easily even when i am not using topical prescription meds for my acne*.

also, my post ended up being really long so i apologize in advance! Embarassed

i have been so pleased and amazed with skinceuticals phyto corrective gel because it has totally calmed my inflamed and irritated skin drastically. it has taken 95% of the redness out and helped with my red acne scars. (it also has antiseptic properties). i started this 4 months ago.

the next product that i started using about 2 months ago is Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation. i LOVE this makeup. it covers well, and does not irritate my skin in the least. AND my face does not look cakey like it did with liquid foundation. i also use her blush and circle delete.

the next one is Decleor ylang-ylang aromessence but i now use the DIY recipe (see the DIY thread). in addition to ylang-ylang, geranium, bay leaf and rosemary i have tried adding naouli which is also good at controlling oil. i am pushing the limit of essential oils i should use in one given concoction but i think this is alright. i need to research that a little more.

because i don't want to try too many new products at once so that i know which is working i haven't tried the Dr. H cleansing cream yet but will very soon (the homemade version of course! Wink ) as well as the ACV toner. they look promising.

i have always maintained a decent diet by eating plenty of each food group and not eating junk food and stuff with artificial ingredients. in the last year i have even gotten better and have seen good results not only with my skin but with the way i feel. i stopped consuming dairy about 3-4 years ago when i realized i was lactose intolerant. but i would still eat a little yogurt and cheese hear and there** if i took a lactose supplement. when i stopped my dairy intake completely about a year ago i started seeing amazing results. in regard to skin, my eczema outbreaks decreased as well as my acne. i cheated the other day and had some cheesecake (i love it and miss it so much!) and my face actually flared up. anyway, i also eat as much organic fruits and veggies as possible and this has made a difference. i also drink lots of water!

so, there you have it. my life changing products so far (i also want to try using a vitamin C serum in the near future).

Smile amnis

*(fyi: i use benzaclin and tazorac which i was on a few years ago but stopped using for 2 years when i didn't have any health insurance coverage and then went back on them 4 months ago when i started receiving health insurance. on these Rx meds in conjunction with the other skin care products listed above my skin has never been so clear since my onset of acne 11 years ago. in other words in supplementing my Rx regimen with the products above i have seen much greater results with skin clearing then when i used the same Rxs 3 years ago without the above products.)

** (this is kinda interesting): i went to doctor who was a naturepathic and medical doctor growing up. one thing i learned and have remembered is that he maintained that your body craves what it shouldn't or can't have (like if you are allergic to something). i still crave cheese and yogurt (the soy cheese and soy yogurt are alright but definitely NOT the same). at least the cravings have lessened over the past year.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
NOTHING Crying or Very sad
Arrow lassie 1234
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
i dont know about changing my life, but here is my list of product must-haves that have changed my conmplexion!

1. Glycolic peel, and a semi-retinol cream: cleared up my break-outs so that I don't have to worry about them anymore (Emergin C in case you want to knmow brands -their triple threat pack) Very Happy
2. Vitamin C Serum: a brand new convert, and I cannoit imagine ever living without it again (a little dramatic, I know! And it is the psf skincare emergen-c one. *Note this is totally different to above brand)
3.Valmont Renewing pack (sigh). I do really, really love the way this stuff make my skin like glass and make-up glides on and radiates health!! I only wish it wasn't so darn expensive Confused Mad But I guess you do get what you pay for.
4.Bobbi Brown cosmetics - introduced me to a "brow brush and shadow" and since I believe that your brows are like frrames for you face, I never leave the house without doing them
5. Blinc Kiss Me mascara...no more panda eyes. I have sensitive eyes and now no more rings or flaking and ALOT less redness. I LOVE this stuff!!!

I am sure I will find more as I go along with this forum Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

The following products changed my life.

Cetapil cleanser

Prescription Vitamin A acid

Re Vive eye renewal cream/gel

Sonya Dakar Omega 3

Re Vive renewal cream

Botox

And smiling! An instant face lift.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

The following products changed my life.

Cetapil cleanser

Prescription Vitamin A acid

Re Vive eye renewal cream/gel

Sonya Dakar Omega 3

Re Vive renewal cream

Botox

And smiling! An instant face lift.
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Anxious wow you covered all bases...im sure it looks good. did it hurt ? where can you get these products from ? i didnt know there was scrip for vita a acid .. what is your routine ?
Arrow lassie1234
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lassie1234

Cetaphil came from Paula Begoun book.

I bought Re Vive from Ebay.

With Sony Dakar products I would order it but now they don't ship to Canada. Sad
They said I need an American friend to buy it for me and have this friend mail it to me. Unfortunately, I don't have any American friends and I can longer get Sonya Dakar.

Botox did not hurt and I got it done because people always ask me "What,s wrong?" Or "You look so tired". And I'm really young! I don't look frozen at all.

I have an acne problem and it was so bad that you could not see it but feel it. When I smiled, it would hurt so much!
I told the Dermotologist and he wanted to put me on accutane and I said no. (I'm afraid of the side affects)
So he gave me Vitamin A acid cream.

I'm in the middle of researching Valmont line since I cannot get Sonya Dakar products.
Do you think Valmont is for me?
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Smile hi, well i will try if you send all the info and money to buy it after we can figure it all out. i think it would be better to go thru personal emails. send me a email with subject as (face cream to canada) so i will know who you are.geezzz that sounds funny. but ill try to help you.i have nothing else to do. first send me the website. but email me telling me what the site is. i dont open alot of emails.
Arrow lassie1234
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Leslie1234!Smile

I went into Sonya Dakar web site and found out I can pay but they will ship to you, not me. I would ask you to forward my mail to me. I would owe you money on delivery to me.

Please PM me

But please give me time to think about it because, I might go with another skincare line. But don't be afraid to send me an e-mail.

Sincerely,
Christina
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |