Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Extremely dry skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lyn

Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi, can anyone suggest a cream for really dry skin? Im 22 but my skin is already showing wrinkles around the eye area because it is so dry. Ive heard many great reviews about the Dr. H range for dry skin but am a little concerned if I don't use any night creams. I am really desperate for any help!

Cheers Confused
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I only use cetaphil cream..but its only to maintain my skin from being dry...you might want to even try some oils considering your skin is so dry?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
From the reviews I've read the Dr H eye cream is not well rated at all. The eye balm is good for very dry skin but bare in mind it has the consistency of lip balm (in fact I use mine for my lips and eye lashes) so it is suitable for night time use but not for daytime as there is no way you will be able to wear eye make-up over the top.
However if your skin is very dry like you say then the eye balm will be like heaven for you Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'd try some rosehip oil. It's very nice for dry skin and great for sensitive delicate areas like around your eyes. You can get it at natural food stores and also online at gardenofwisdom.com, etc.
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there

I really think Decleor would be a good place to start. Try their Angelique Oil which targets dry skin and their Nutri-Delice range of creams and mask.

It might be wise to get some samples first, or Ebay is usually a really cheap way of getting hold of skincare products, so you could always go that route.

HTH

Farouk

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lyn,

I have chronic dry skin. Because everyone's skin is unique, and reacts differently to products, the products that I use that work for me may not be appropriate for someone else who has dry skin. Normally, I don't have problems with flakes or peeling or red, dry patches, except during times when I'm using retin-A on a regular basis. And, except for pesky blackheads around my nose, I rarely breakout. My skin feels dry and tight unless I use a good mix of moisturizers. If I don't keep my skin adequately moisturized, my skin becomes sensitive and then I have problems with redness. A few products that have helped my skin include camellia oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil and emu oil. Each of these oils have a different richness or texture. I find that camellia and emu oils have a lighter consistency than avocado and sweet almond. I also like Strivectin, which is very rich and emollient. When I apply Strivectin in the AM, after my Vitamin C serum and before my SPF, my face feels hydrated all day. And because Strivectin is so rich, only a small amount is needed for my face and neck. A 6 oz. tube lasts a very long time. Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Advanced Time Complex Capsules are also hydrating, and soothing. I like these, especially during the summer months....after a day on the boat. I make sure to throw a couple of capsules in a cooler....very convenient, and cooling after a day in the hot sun! Olay has a very good night cream, that's light and hydrating....it doesn't feel thick and goopy on my skin, which is refreshing!

I would definitely begin using an eye cream in the AM and PM. (I actually apply light applications of eye cream throughout the day, as well. This keeps the skin around my eyes from drying and I truly believe this has helped to diminish the appearance of my fine lines.) Dermalogica makes a couple of good eye creams....I like the feel and consistency of those.

I'm a new fan of Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Cream. I'll have to try rosebud's suggestion of Dr. H's eye balm! And I've heard lots of good things about Dr. H's Quince Day Cream and Rose Day Cream, which are on my list of products to try. I'm also looking forward to trying Jurlique products. I've heard and read very positive reviews on this range.

Sooo many great products to try.....so little time!!! Hope this helps. (sorry for the lengthy post!)

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:32 am      Reply with quote
I will definately take the advise and try some of the oils and creams Razz just one question though, how do I get samples of creams?

Cheers
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I get incredibly dry skin in winter and the best moisturisers that work well for me then are:

Creme de la Mer (yeouch at the price, though!)
and Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough

It's definitely a great idea to use a facial oil underneath. I've started using Silkia Camellia Oil and am really liking that (means you don't need so much moisturiser either). I also loved REN's Omega 3 Serum and the Decleor facial oils, but I'd love to try rose oil or rosehip oil.
Mabsy

Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I love the Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream and would love to use this but my skin is just not dry enough to pull it off. It does make my skin look great when I do need it though, just like the CDLM only cheaper. I would not be concerned with not using moisturisers at night. Dr Hauschka says that you shouldn't but you can still do what you want. The nice thing about the Rose Day Cream is that, despite the name, it's good for a night cream and makes a lovely eye cream for a dry eye area as well.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |