Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Valmont Hand Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:54 am      Reply with quote
This is a luxious hand cream to have, though the price is higher than most other brands' hand creams, the result is promising and definitely worth the money invested.

I love the Belgium Rose scent of the cream, smells really nice and relaxing. I have been using Valmont Hand Cream for 6 months now.....and i used to use La Prairie Hand Cream, but later got "addicted" to Valmont's.

This light cream absorbed into the skin quickly and does not leave the hands feeling oily. It keeps my skin well mositurized and sometimes i even apply it onto my arms and legs. Smile One of my giflfriend who is a Valmont's fan (or "freak") :P, even has an extra bottle of the hand cream on her office desk. She just love it and keep "spreading" the cream on her hands every now and then....... Smile and needless to say, her hands look smoother and fairer than before.

As for me, i only apply the cream before bedtime and let it work overnight. My skin feels real soft the next morning and it even helps soften the cuticles. Definitely a "must-have" product for me.
WinkWink
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Valmont Cellular Hand Cream (125 ml)
Valmont Cellular Hand Cream (125 ml)

Protective and conditioning cream for hands. Forms a protective layer on the skin surface. Absorbs quickly, helps nourish the skin and stimulate cellular regeneration. Helps maintain the skin's moisture level and stimulate blood circulation. Evens out skin color and helps fight the appearance of pigmented spots. Ensures perfect hand care, leaving the skin soft and supple.

Mabsy

Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Oh no.... how tempting!!! I *HAVE* to force myself to finish my current hand creams off though before I get anything else.

I think this might be a splurge one day when I'm feeling stressed. It's quite a step up from my Au$10 Neutrogena Swiss Formula Hand Cream (which is great btw!).

Does anybody else find that it's harder for them to spend more $$$ on body products than face products? Or is it just me? Mind you I have just got myself addicted to perfumed shower gels (smelled the Dior Addict one yesterday and just HAD to have it.... along with a few others.... *blushes*). So I've just started paying 10 times what I used to pay for my shower gel. Hopefully that's not a developing trend... Smile
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

haha...i used to think spending money on body products were a splurge too until i tried Valmont's products. I really love the smell of it....make me feel real "classy"

Have also been using Sisley Body Fluid cream ...... also addicted to the smell of it....guess i am someone who get hook on to nice smell..... i love aroma items....

Dior Addicts smell really nice too...... i got to hold myself back into getting it. Smile
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Bringing this old thread back alive !!!! I am still hook onto my Valmont Cellular Hand Cream. After 2 years, i am still a faithful usually of it.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
skinlover,

have u tried the hands treatment ??? or anyone ????

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
dd7, I have only tried a sample of the Hands Treatment but I loved it. This post has just prompted me to add both the Hands Treatment and the Hand Cream into my basket for my next purchase.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
bushy,

hehe, actually i am trying a sample of valmont hands treatment. i was wondering if anyone who has used it long enough can tell me if there's any long term benefit in it.

have u (once) used it long term ?

and valmont's hand cream, how long does that bottle last ? how does it compare to e.g. jurlique ( my all time fav!!) ??

TIA :>

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
i think it is too expensive for a hand cream. Embarassed
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:

I tried samples of this about 6 and it wasn't very good or any where near as good as the shea butter creams I have, infact there perlie (sp), got them in a huge gift basket at xmas..from a good freind, there surprisingly really good. So for the money, I'd save it for face cream instead.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
helenzwl wrote:

I tried samples of this about 6 and it wasn't very good or any where near as good as the shea butter creams I have, infact there perlie (sp), got them in a huge gift basket at xmas..from a good freind, there surprisingly really good. So for the money, I'd save it for face cream instead.

I agree it is pricy for a hand cream - I couldn't afford it because I use a LOT of hand cream since I wash hands often.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:08 am      Reply with quote
dd7, I haven't used either of the Valmont hand products long term, only samples. I will be purchasing them in a month or two so will use them up and promise to do a review. You are welcome to give me a prompt in a few months re the review just in case I forget (mind you, I can't imagine how I could forget to review valmont products.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:35 am      Reply with quote
(looking at bushy in envy coz she can try those luxurious products in a month or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Drool Drool

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
So for the money, I'd save it for face cream instead.

totally agree! Laughing
i use shea butter as hand cream.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
skinlover,

have u tried the hands treatment ??? or anyone ????

nope did not try the hand treatment.

The valmont handcream still my HG !!!!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Valmont Hand Cream based on this review. Smile I really didn't like the way that my hands were looking and decided that it was time to start looking after them. Embarassed

I've been using it 2x a day for the last 10 days and I'm very pleased. My hands are still a work-in-progress, but already I can see an improvement in their texture. I can't wait to see how they look by the time I finish the bottle. Smile
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
tam,

thanks for ur input!! My about-to-cave-in willpower is further weakened

(i put the handcream and cellular treatment in my basket already....and i am THIS close to pressing check out) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
The power of persuasion, thank you Tam. I have both the hand products in my basket at the moment and they will certainly stay there now awaiting my next purchase. That is, of course, unless dd7 buys before me and her hands fall off (just joking).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
tam,

thanks for ur input!! My about-to-cave-in willpower is further weakened

(i put the handcream and cellular treatment in my basket already....and i am THIS close to pressing check out) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Press it!! Very Happy I've been eyeing the treatment too... you can let us know what you think of it. Smile
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
i may be a bit side-tracked if i ask the following in this thread, but since i am looking into nice hand treatments, i am wondering if getting salon sizes of

nice face creams (like sothys),
serums (like thalgo and sothys),
moisturizing masks (like again, sothys and thalgo, and decleor) and
massage oils ( whitening, moisturizing, anti-aging oil from Decleor)

and using them on my hands can help ???????

bushy, do u think i can get away with using them on my hands ? or do needs of the skin on my face somehow differ from needs of my hands, and therefore it actually IS a stupid idea to do hand treatments with face products ????

Question Question Question Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
dd7, I think any of those creams/serums would do some good for your hands but I don't believe any of them would contain enough active ingredients or the correct ingredients to really make a difference on your hands. It really depends on what condition your hands are in at the moment. Your hands usually receive much harsher treatment than your face does and I think any treatments specifically for the hands probably have additional and different ingredients.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
hhmm, conditions of my hands (raising all the fingers from the keyboard, taking a good look)

there is nth "WRONG" with them at moment, except perhaps some visible, horizontal lines between my knuckles and my nails

since i felt the regenerating radiance cream i had was too oily for my face, now i apply it on my hands after i use my valmont cellular treatment sample (sadly towards its end...eyes turning teary)

strangely, hours later, i had to wash my hands, and i can STILL FEEL the cream there, like it's only part-aborbed and part-hanging onto my skin... feels a bit yucky actually... i donno how i managed to try it on my face.... my pores must have been crying then !!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
hhmm........... but i guess hydrating masks on the hands could do no harm... eehh ??? Question Question Question Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
[**dd7 takes the hand cream and hand cellular treatment from her shopping basket, and put them in tam's basket**]

YOU buy it and let me know what u think, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
[**dd7 takes the hand cream and hand cellular treatment from her shopping basket, and put them in tam's basket**]

YOU buy it and let me know what u think, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy LOL

Fair enough! Laughing Laughing I do like the hand cream, so I must try the treatment next.

[ tam puts the hand cellular treatment into her ever-growing basket ]
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
tam,

have u tried jurlique's hand cream ? how does valmont's compare to jurlique's ??? :> :>

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |