Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need some product selection help! JB and Dr. H
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I just found this forum today and I'm so excited! I could read it all day.
I'm 26 and am starting to notice some smile lines and also some crow's feet. I did some searching yesterday and ordered a 1oz size of AlphaDerma CE from ebay to try. In my continuing research, I came across this site and am overwhelmed with all of the product reviews and choices!!
I'd really like to start a good skin care regimen (I have a somewhat mediocre one right now). The only non-drugstore product I use is an eye cream by Korres. (Unless we're counting makeup, in which case I've been using Aromaleigh for a few years.)
The products I'm thinking of purchasing are:

-Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream
-JB AH3 Skin Prep
-AlphaDerma C&C facial serum

And I would use the ADCE after those.
I normally have super oily skin, but I'm currently on Accutane, so now it's dry. What do you guys think? Is this a good core regimen? I'd love to get some feedback before I shell out almost $200. Thanks!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
OK I am 23 have very oily skin which I control very well due to the following regieme:

*Cleanser: homemade version of Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, I have the actual Dr H but I prefer the homemade one, it cleanses better and takes my make-up off:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5981
I use this morning and evening

*Witch Hazel & Rosewater to tone with in the morning and Apple Cider Vinegar in the evening (see above thread for recipe)

*Jojoba Oil to moisturise with (also to remove eye make-up) this stuff is my oily skin HG, it really does regulate oil production throughout the day.

*Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Face Mask, I have started to use this overnight and it is doing a wonderful job at clearing my acne scars and giving my skin that nice glow.

I just wanted to write this to show that to find good products you don't have to spend a fortune
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
*Jojoba Oil to moisturise with (also to remove eye make-up) this stuff is my oily skin HG, it really does regulate oil production throughout the day.
Hey Rosebud -

Would you believe that as often as I b*tched and moaned about it, that I’ve never actually tried Jojoba oil to help regulate the oil factory that is sometimes also known as my face! Do you just apply it neat, or does it need to be mixed with other oils or essential oils, like the Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang (or homemade version)?

Now you’ve seriously got me wanting to try this and fortunately I have a half-full bottle of Jojoba oil at home! Smile Now that “high summer” is here (average temperature in the afternoons is getting up to 105 degrees F or higher with 95% relative humidity), none of the regular products in my prevent-oily-breakthrough-before-lunchtime bag of tricks is really preventing me from getting the shinies by 10am so I’m desperate to try something else.

Please reply back here or PM me with the specific instructions on how you’re using the JO to regulate sebum production.

TIA!
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Carekate I had had enough of paying a prmium for Dr Hauschka Normalising Day Oil so I just replaced it with the Jojoba Oil.

Yes I apply it neat but have been know to mix in a little Lavender Essential Oil or Ylang Ylang, it's just down to personal preference if you want to mix in any essential oils.

I find it is not as greasy or heavy as the Dr Hauschka and it works better if I use a toner as a base, this for me has always been a must.

My routine is cleanse, tone then a few drops of Jojoba on my fingers which I massage into my skin, I use it very sparsly and build it up as I need it, you will find that your skin drinks it up very quickly.

Gosh I am honered Carekate is asking me about skincare!!!! Oh you have made my day Very Happy Laughing
I hope it works for you Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rosebud and caretake, thanks for responding. I have used jojoba oil in the past and love it, especially for taking off makeup. However, right now my skin is very dry due to the Accutane. We're talking pretty much NO oil production (which I love). Not even the 500% humidity in South Florida can make me greasy right now. So I'm not concerned about oil control. I'm more concerned about improving the tone and texture of my skin and starting a good anti-aging regimen.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
carekate & rosebud, try also mixing a bit of your toner with your oil before applying it...mix it up together in the palm of your hand and immediately apply it to your face. think instant homemade emulsion. you'll get all the benefits of the oil, but a bit lighter application (perfect for summertime).
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Wink I'm going to try this thanks. Will let you know tomoz Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Nymue wrote:

The products I'm thinking of purchasing are:

-Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream
-JB AH3 Skin Prep
-AlphaDerma C&C facial serum

And I would use the ADCE after those.
I normally have super oily skin, but I'm currently on Accutane, so now it's dry. What do you guys think? Is this a good core regimen? I'd love to get some feedback before I shell out almost $200. Thanks!!

Nymue,

I think you will be very happy with the AlphaDermaCE you purchased. JB's Mineral Prep is a wonderful foundation for AlphaDermaCE. Somehow AlphaDerma works even better when you prepare the areas you are targeting with the Mineral Prep. I am a VERY long time user of AlphaDerma and I can't say enough about the results I have received from consistant use. JB's C&C is also wonderful. I apply it sometimes before or after Mineral Prep. I can't decide which application I like better hmm . The C&C is not drying at all. If you are not use to using a C Serum you will love the glow. Very Happy

I find AlphaDermaCE and Prep give enough moisture for my combo skin. If you are very dry you might want to use a moisturizer of your choice over it.

Carekate has some great homemade receipts. Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about alphaderma, but I can tell you I've had great success with Dr. H cleansing cream. I also use their rose day cream around my eyes to help with the lines -- I just get a sample, it lasts a long time.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Nymue wrote:
I'm more concerned about improving the tone and texture of my skin and starting a good anti-aging regimen.
In that case, you absolutely need to try the now infamous – and nearly world famous – ACV Super Toner! You’ll find the recipe in the “~~~~ DIY Skincare Recipes~~~~” sticky thread in the Skincare & Makeup forum, and if you perform a search of the entire forum, using “ACV” as the keywords, you’ll find several threads where other members have testified to the astonishing brilliance of this homemade gem!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip caretake! I remember reading that recipe the other day. I'll read up more on it to see everyone's experiences and maybe I'll give it a shot!

I have another question about the AlphaDerma routine. I have melasma and HAVE to use sunscreen daily. So in the morning I would use the Dr. H cleansing cream, the JB Prep, the C&C serum, then the AlphaDerma CE. And then would I just put sunscreen over top of all? It sounds like it would take me two hours in the morning just to finish my face! I'm open to any and all ideas about making the routine a little more economical.
I always get confused when putting on more than one product which order they should go in and if it really makes a difference.. ? Confused
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |