Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Bare Escentuals Foundation Warmth -Mineral Veil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought the starter-kit in "light", which contains two foundations, warmth, mineral veil and three brushes. I had read a lot of great reviews of this makeup from many different websites including this one, and I even searched the web for, and found, the famous infomercials with the BE-lady, so I had extremely high expectations for this Smile

And I was definitely not let down, I loved all of the products from the first application on. I had read a lot of tips about applying etc so I avoided the common beginner-mistakes of applying too much or uneven buffing. My skin looks so good with this, and so natural! And strangely, both of the foundations suit me very well. First I go over with the #1.2, and then I buff on some of the #2 (which is yellower and a bit darker) over areas of my face that are a bit redder than the rest, around my nose especially. This works as a light concealer for me, great! Then I buff on warmth, and this part I was a bit sceptical about at first, because it looks very dark in the pot. But in contact with the skin it melts in with the foundations and gives you a perfect glow, much more natural than any sunpowder I have tried (I have tried A LOT!), which often are too glimmery or way too orange. Warmth is the perfect all-year bronzer!

I like the subtle shine I get from this routine of applying, so I don't always use the mineral veil, but I do use it most of the time so the makep sets well.

The thing that is most striking about Bare Minerals is that it looks and feels absolutely natural on the skin. It looks like I have no makeup on, that I actually have skin like this! But I wouldn't sleep in it, even though it is all natural, because the powder is so fine I imagine the skin soaking it up or something.. I don't know, I just wouldn't do it. It takes some time cleansing off by the way, but I think this is just because this makeup lasts all day, compared to what I used before.

I was afraid that I would be disappointed in this line just because I had such high expectations I thought nothing could actually be this great, but YES it can. I have put away all my other stuff, even brand new Clinique foundation+powder which I have always loved before. I can't put that on my skin now!

Finally, a few words must be said about the brushes -they are wonderful! After some loose hairs fell off the first few times when applying, they are now keeping the hairs and doing their job beautifully. I can't get over that I got 3 of these, this kit is such a great value! OK, the pots could be bigger, but you need such a tiny amount of the product that these will last me a very long time. I only use what is left in the lid after I turn the pot upside-down and knock with the brush a few times before opening it, no more is needed! If I want more coverage I just do the same thing again.

Now I have to get Glee and Bisque and a few brushes.. Maybe I'll try the eye shadows also..? Although I don't normally wear eyeshadow I'd like to try these because I am so convinced they look natural and that they are easy to apply. I'll come back with more BE-reviews when I have tried them for some time!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |