Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Can I seep my own green tea and put that on my face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
summerducks
5% products discount

Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

I feel like it's a silly question but I had to ask:

Been searching on the net for green tea extract, wondering if anyone knows if I can just seep my own green tea and put that on my face to use as an antioxidant for my face? How effective would this be as an antioxidant for my face? Am I better off purchasing some green tea extract oil from a store?

Thanx!
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I use chamomile bags on my face every morning...adds extra moisture and works very nice. I dont see why that wouldnt work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes, both green tea and chamomile are great.

If I have any kind of allergic reaction/redness on my face, I dip a cotton swab and use either tea as toner (whatever I'm drinking then Smile.

Both help!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I brewed my own green tea to mix with ACV for my toner and it works great. I just steeped it for a lot longer than usual so that it was a strong concentration. It's one heck of a bargain. Wink
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I do the same with chamomile and green tea. The key is to make sure it's fresh every couple days at least with the extra kept in the fridge.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I posted a mask formula on the DIY link. I use matcha, which is very high grade Japanese green tea powder. I make it into a tea/paste with hot water than add other stuff. I is one of the best treatments I have found to reduce redness in my skin.

Matcha is easy to get, adn you dont have to get really expensive stuff, just make sure its Japanese and only use a little.

Feliz
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
What a coincidence! I've been thinking of using green tea as a toner or freshening up spritz myself. I plan to use regular tea bags but does anyone know if its better to use loose leaves?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Macha is actually ground up sencha - high concentration of powder makes is high-grade tea compared to just about any other kind.

I grind up sencha in my coffee grinder.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Loose tea is best but the tea bags are also okay. Matcha is made out of Gyokuro (very high quality green tea)
Lower grades of matcha are made out of Sencha. It is better to buy the matcha as it is ground down to a powder fine substance that will not scratch the skin - if using for a mask.
To use as a toner I would think you are best with the loose tea leaves.

Feliz
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Feliz, I appreciate your advice Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I wanted to clarify my post.

In Japanese food stores in Toronto there are different types of macha you can buy. The way the Japanese salesperson explained it to me was that there are different grades of macha, some are simply ground up sencha.

And you're right, Feliz, true high grade macha is made of young gyokuro leaves.

I guess at some point "macha" became a name for all ground up green teas.

Still ground up sencha is more potent than simply leaves, because it becomes a concentrate (like medicinal herbs - the finer they're milled, the more good stuff you can "squeeze" out of them).

Anyway, didn't mean to mislead anyone!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
...could you use chamomile teabags on your eyes, to reduce puffiness and to hydrate? or is that me fantasizing?/Ruth
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
My green tea toner *seems* to be working coz my skin seems calmer and more even-toned after just 2 days of use. I said "seems" coz its also TTOM for me and I've started my Decleor Essential Balm cycle at the same time. Sigh...I'm trying hard to introduce one product at a time but sometimes I can't help it Very Happy

I put the toner in my fridge as Lolli suggested. Does anyone know how long it will keep in there? TIA

Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I received samples from a loose green tea vendor that had dried little baby roses in it. I brewed a strong batch--stronger than I would for drinking--and soaked cotton balls in it, froze them in a baggie and use those to depuff and "wake up" my eyes. HTH. I can tell you where to get the green teal with the baby roses. They even have a sampler pack.
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious, can I use this before Vitamin C serum or not?

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone give a definitive answer to the quote from Steve at Lightstim? He stated that the Green Tea Serum study was just part of publicity for a company selling their own serum.

I do know that when I stopped using my own Green Tea concoction that my Lightstim seemed to work "better", ie, my complexion was brighter.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Further to my earlier post: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=533726&highlight=lightstim+german+green+tea+cream#533726

"The information on the Green Tea product is not correct. It came from a German study designed to sell a product: Their Green Tea Cream. I can send you more information on it if needed but all the information regarding the study was posted on the EDS forum. It lead one to believe incorrectly that this company's product would make and LED light 10 times more effective.

Green Tea is but one beneficial ingredient in a skin care product. You can use a peptide or hyaluronic acid with great results!"

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
^^ohhh, didnt know that... ok, now I already know you cant use it with C, found some threads on it already... but now, I wanna know too...

is it hype or does a green tea pretreatment make your LED work on your skin even better?

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |