Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pevonia - Clarifyl line for problem skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
K
5% products discount

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I'm new but have been lurking for about a year.

I'm 33 and have battled acne/oily/combo skin since I was 13. Have given up on the dermatologists for the most part. After 12 of them over the years, I started to think, hmmmm, maybe they don't really know how to fix this. Go figure.

Anyway, product lines I've used include MD Formulations (mixed results), MD Skincare (good results at first, then major breakouts three months later), Dermalogica (ugh, breakout city!), and most recently Pevonia's Clarifyl line.

I've used the Clarigel cleanser for some time, but was afraid (terrified actually) to use the full Clarifyl line b/c I tend to be sensitive to ingredients like salt, camphor, etc.

Anyway, after four weeks of using the cleanser, toner, moisturizer and spot treatment, I'm happy to report that I'm almost entirely breakout free and the blackheads are diminishing. (I apply the spot treatment after the moisturizer b/c it's such strong stuff.)

I should add that I do NOT like the Clarifyl Masque for problem skin - leaves kind of a dry film on my face and a residual sulfury smell. For a mask, I'm still in love with MD Formulations Clearing Complex Masque - use it two evenings a week in place of the toner and moisturizer.

The Pevonia products are above average in price, but so far I feel it's worth it. I think they give you a good amount of product for the price - I only need pea-sized or dime size portions, so my current supply should last a while.

Anyway, just wanted to share. You have a nice online community here Smile

K
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I was interested in trying their gel cleanser, but if I remember correctly, it had mineral oil in it. That kind of turned me off, so I never tried it.
K
5% products discount

Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
The problem skin cleanser doesn't have any mineral oil in it. It's got grapefruit seed oil in it which is supposed to have anti-bac qualities.

I haven't looked at the other cleansers they have, so not sure about those.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I have used Clarifyl Masque for these days.It soothes my red skin after acne squeezing.
But I think it has not effective effect.
I wanna try another mask.
pickiis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Agree! Im a big fan of their products, although not so keen on their serums.

do u have enough sleep normally? because ive been battling with adult acne for last few years, tried it all. and as soon as i switched to a more moisturising cleanser, and dragged myself to bed earlier, my acne immediately diminished by more than half. if i keep continuing with the good routine, it completely goes away. and as soon as i dun get enough sleep, they come back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Try and have a treatmment/diagnosis in a salon with Pevonia - I have used their combination skin line and it has been very good (changed when the weather got colder, was great in summer) - I still used the enzyme mask, it smells great and does a great job.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |